Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New project: Android OS on the G37 screen

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
My next step is to (somehow) open up my center console, so I can put the hardware under the cupholders and armrest. I intend on running the MHL cable under the center console, and through a hole that I intend on dremmeling out of the ash tray. That way, when I don't need the cable, it can be tucked nicely into the ash tray. Not sure when I will get around to this next portion, but I will definitely post pics when it is done.
you have to take off the shifter like you had to for the unmentionable, and then you should be able to push your cup holder assembly forward and then just give it a good tug up and it should have the same kinda clips as the shifter does, so same kinda tugging. (mine is auto, but it should be the same idea, you may have to take off the parking brake handle or something too though)

and as for your fuzz it might be the box, i ordered from ur link but the box they sent me was a different unit than u got (but same function) and it bricked its self after less than a minute
Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chlutz214
you have to take off the shifter like you had to for the unmentionable, and then you should be able to push your cup holder assembly forward and then just give it a good tug up and it should have the same kinda clips as the shifter does, so same kinda tugging. (mine is auto, but it should be the same idea, you may have to take off the parking brake handle or something too though)

and as for your fuzz it might be the box, i ordered from ur link but the box they sent me was a different unit than u got (but same function) and it bricked its self after less than a minute
Thanks for the info on how to get under the cup holders. I know the shifter portion was slightly different from the ATs, so I wasn't sure how different the rest of the center console was.

And I'm sorry to hear about the converter. Hopefully you can get it working.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info on how to get under the cup holders. I know the shifter portion was slightly different from the ATs, so I wasn't sure how different the rest of the center console was.

And I'm sorry to hear about the converter. Hopefully you can get it working.
i got a new one from a different seller, its different from the one you got, but it also gives off video and audio hum or fuzzing like you said you experianced, i believe this is being caused by grounding loops, just ordered a ground loop isolator should get it by fri hopefully... will tell u how it works out.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by AllReD
Alkatraz, you need to speak some more. I too have JDM Skyline and would love to know what you did.

Nav is useless.
Sorry, was expecting the final part to arrive by now but it hasn't and I am off on holiday for 3weeks tomorrow.

When I get back I will finish it off and then post full details of how it all works. I don't want to leave you completely hanging so below is the website of the guy here in Aus who sells the touchscreen module.
customgadz.com.au

Along with his module you will need a video converter, also need to hack into the 12v system and get some step down to 5v plugs (I used USB plugs and just changed the power cable connectors on everything to USB). You end up needing 12v and 5v power for a couple of devices.

To the OP, this module can be fitted to an aftermarket touch screen overlay, so I still believe that the bubble is deflating ;-)
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Alkatraz

Can't edit my post.

Should be customgadz.com
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 PM
EndLessg37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice looks like a great idea
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
EndLessg37
Registered Member

will it work while driving
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM
CRIDDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool. Was looking for a way to use my phone to display nav on the screen.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
CRIDDA

Originally Posted by EndLessg37
will it work while driving
yes and no. It will work if you know how to do the unmentionable
Old 07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Saad Ashraf

is there any way to get this to work on the 2011 since it only has a USB port?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Alkatraz

Originally Posted by Saad Ashraf
is there any way to get this to work on the 2011 since it only has a USB port?
I am sure that there is but it would be above my level of technical knowledge.

To get it to work you simply need to find a way to output your phone onto the OEM screen. If someone could show you how to hack into one of the other video inputs, TV tuner or DVD etc. then you could get it going.

Does the 2011 really have no AUX input at all?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM
AllReD

Originally Posted by Alkatraz
Sorry, was expecting the final part to arrive by now but it hasn't and I am off on holiday for 3weeks tomorrow.

When I get back I will finish it off and then post full details of how it all works. I don't want to leave you completely hanging so below is the website of the guy here in Aus who sells the touchscreen module.
customgadz.com.au

Along with his module you will need a video converter, also need to hack into the 12v system and get some step down to 5v plugs (I used USB plugs and just changed the power cable connectors on everything to USB). You end up needing 12v and 5v power for a couple of devices.

To the OP, this module can be fitted to an aftermarket touch screen overlay, so I still believe that the bubble is deflating ;-)
Thanks Alkatraz look forward to the rest of your mod. I guess like me you have been searching for an answer to the Japanese to English... you would think this would be simple

Thanks again and enjoy your vacation.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
TimG37x
Banned

My phone's dashboard, displayed on my car's dashboard
And for those wondering, that is one of my dogs, Kimchi. He's a Shiba Inu.

My Shiba. =)

Name:  IMG_1233.jpg
Views: 3009
Size:  196.4 KB

Also if anyone figures out how to do this with USB (2010+), do tell.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
DashKid
Banned

Lmao @ kimchi. So fobbish.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Lmao @ kimchi. So fobbish.
Believe it or not, it was my wife's idea to name him Kimchi (I'm the Korean, she's white). lol It was also her idea to name our other dog Bowzer. Sometimes I think she is a wannabe asian

Quick Reply: New project: Android OS on the G37 screen