Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Infiniti handfree phone system microphone sucks!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:52 PM
lzzhang10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti handfree phone system microphone sucks!?

Hi all,
I always hear my friends complaining about how much road noise they can hear while im calling them with my coupe's phone system. On the other hand, they said they can't hear anything when their friends from their friend's phone system with bimmer and acuras(5 series and TL to be specific).
Does our microphone naturually sux or do I have a bad one?
Maybe we can instal microphones from other manufacturer into our cars.

If you could, please state the year of your car and your phone model, thanks.

Last edited by lzzhang10; 02-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I have an 08 and sound quality is fine on my end put poor on the other end as well. I've not had anyone mention road noise, but they simply can't hear me or complain it's very "echoey". I've always wondered if it was the car mic or the phones (iPhone 3G, iPhone 4). I too am interested to know if the car mic is the issue and if it can be replaced.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:28 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never had any issues and no one has ever complained about the call when I'm in the car. I've even called with the windows down while driving and people say they can't tell
Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The issue I'm having with my bluetooth is the person on the other end says Im going in and out so they only catch snippets of what I say. Id have to turnbluetooth off, thenback on to clear it up. But after awhile it starts to break up again. Whats weird is sometimes I can talk with no issues at all. I've never had a complaint about road noise though. Even when I drive with the windows down.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
they always suck. you have to like point your mouth to the dome light if you wanna be heard right
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
spect2k

I've never had any issue. People know when I'm in the car, but conversations are very comfortable. Do realize, if you don't already, that there are a number of settings to adjust for your preference.

Perhaps more importantly is what phone and what service you use. There are older bluetooth systems and newer ones - all based on your phone, not the car. There are then a lot of features and adjustments to make with your phone. Assuming that Infiniti put forth a quality bluetooth product (which seems to be the case from my standpoint), then you need to work with the phone. The reality is, there are way more variables and adjustments on your end than on the car's end...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Same phone, same service and it consistently sounds perfectly fine from another car. How do you suggest we make adjustments to the phone? What settings should be adjusted? I wasn't even aware that you could do that.

Trending Topics

Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM
spect2k

Although the phone and the service are the same, a big factor here is how they communicate. Every system that communicates with another does so in a different way. Now I am no engineer, just a tech savvy guy, but I would suggest looking through the bluetooth settings on the phone to see if there are any adjustments to be made. On my droid x for example, I can used an enhanced audio mode. This helps me. On other cars, it makes the phone incompatible. There are also phone settings that can be adjusted (as opposed to bluetooth settings). If anyone has a droid x, I can help there, otherwise it might be worth either checking a forum about that phone or play with the settings yourself if you know what you're doing.

I don't know why it is, but even identical cars and identical phones can communicate differently. Hopefully playing with it can help. A more severe attempt could be to try a different phone or change phones altogether. If none of that works, id bring it in.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 AM
Jadex153

Mine works great. One friend even went so far to say that I need to use a regular "inside voice" while using it.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
lzzhang10

Originally Posted by Jadex153
Mine works great. One friend even went so far to say that I need to use a regular "inside voice" while using it.
What year is your car and what phone model you have?

couple of reason why we might have mixed answers.
1. different Gs manufactured at different time use different Bluetooth module/microphone.
2. different phones support Bluetooth to different levels.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My dad and I both have 08 Coupes and sound quality is fine.

There have been a couple of times where we passed each other on the highway on our way home from work (we live pretty close), and talked to each other from G-to-G. Call quality was good.

I'm on a Blackberry Bold 9650 and he's on a Blackberry Curve 3g.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had two Gs. Both were fine with my Blackberry. Both suck with my iPhone. I don't think its an issue with the car as much as it is how it pairs with a particular phone.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
^ makes sense then, cuz i only had the iphone since i got my G
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Jadex153

Originally Posted by lzzhang10
What year is your car and what phone model you have?

couple of reason why we might have mixed answers.
1. different Gs manufactured at different time use different Bluetooth module/microphone.
2. different phones support Bluetooth to different levels.
2009 G37S coupe, using Droid X phone from Verizon.

Last edited by Jadex153; 02-18-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
spect2k

Originally Posted by Jadex153
2009 G37S coupe, using Droid X phone from Verizon.
I've got the same phone on my 09 g37 sedan. same great result

Quick Reply: Infiniti handfree phone system microphone sucks!?