Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

IPAD audio through 2010 G37

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Wrath of doom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPAD audio through 2010 G37

I have a 2010 G37 with Nav. My ipod and itouch play fine through the USB port but the system does not recognize the IPAD. Anyone have a way to get it going?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, same issue here. We might have to wait for an iOS 4 update for the iPad.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
BuckarooVT90

can the iPad stream audio via bluetooth?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Wrath of doom

I think it is possible but disabled by Apple. Might have to be jailbroken which I am reluctant to do. I think Infiniti should have kept the traditional RCA inputs in addition to the USB. There must be a way to get an rca into the bose.

Picked up a Droid X and having troubler streaming audio with that too.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
via Bluetooth, Yes. I have been streaming audio for all my mobile devices via bluetooth on my 2010.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
671slandBlue

Not sure if the 2010's have the component jacks like my 2008 G37s, but if so you can get a audio cable (red and white components, yellow is always video) to a standard headphone jack that plugs into the iPads head phone jack and it will work! I just tested it out, and works fine. Hope this helps!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Wrath of doom

For 2010 they took out the RCA 's and just went with USB which was a huge mistake in my opinion.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
mangoface

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Wait.....whaaaaaaat....?
So the iPad will talk to the 2010 G37-via blue2OOf...?
What about the contacts...?
Daang it lemie run to the garage and find out.

-M-
Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
fineas

I have a 2010 G37 sport. I have never had success streaming my iphone over bluetooth (stutters every couple of seconds). However, I have paired my IPAD as an audio device and it streams nearly flawlessly (maybe a 1 second dropout every 30 minutes or so)
Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Wrath of doom

Fineas, if you found and tricks please share. The iPad (and Droid X) are both recognized by the system and show as paired but not connected. The iPad shows a brief connection that drops out and the infiniti screen says Bluetooth connection failed. The droid phone connection is fine. This is driving me crazy.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
fineas

Originally Posted by Wrath of doom
Fineas, if you found and tricks please share. The iPad (and Droid X) are both recognized by the system and show as paired but not connected. The iPad shows a brief connection that drops out and the infiniti screen says Bluetooth connection failed. The droid phone connection is fine. This is driving me crazy.
Wrath,
I don't really have any tricks. It paired up the first time and connects every time. Didn't take any magic to get it working. Not sure why you're having trouble.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Wrath of doom

Got it!

Thanks for the help. I was setting up audio on the phone menu rather than audio. My blackberry always hooked up that way. Anyway I got the iPad and droid to stream flawlessly. It is actually far superior than going through the USB because anything with audio will play, not just music. All my apps, browser, netflix etc. play through the system. Sweet!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
mangoface

Originally Posted by Wrath of doom
Thanks for the help. I was setting up audio on the phone menu rather than audio. My blackberry always hooked up that way. Anyway I got the iPad and droid to stream flawlessly. It is actually far superior than going through the USB because anything with audio will play, not just music. All my apps, browser, netflix etc. play through the system. Sweet!
Somebody is going to figure out a way to mount the IPad in the G37..I know it will be a tight fit (That's what she said to me last night!) but someones gonna do it.

-M-

Edit-
The iPad talks and plays with the G37s via Blue tooth with no issues so far.
I tried to post this message from IPad while listening to "I'm Beamin" by Lupe Fiasco.
For some reason the 3G signal was crappy. (ATT does it again)

-M-

Last edited by mangoface; 07-21-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
fineas

Originally Posted by mangoface
Somebody is going to figure out a way to mount the IPad in the G37..I know it will be a tight fit (That's what she said to me last night!) but someones gonna do it.

-M-

Edit-
The iPad talks and plays with the G37s via Blue tooth with no issues so far.
I tried to post this message from IPad while listening to "I'm Beamin" by Lupe Fiasco.
For some reason the 3G signal was crappy. (ATT does it again)

-M-
I have my IPad in the Incase Grip case. I simply lay it in landscape mode in front of the shifter, leaning back against the AC controls. While it blocks the AC buttons, the grippyness of the case keeps it from sliding around on turns. Its a reasonably good placement for accessing the ipad. Not good for video, but shouldn't be watching video while driving anyway. Certainly beats buying an expensive mount. I do love not having to connect any cables and with the great battery life, I never really have to worry about running out of juice.

I only wish I could skip tracks from the steering wheel. I believe I read that the bluetooth profile in OS4.0 might enable such control, but i'm not positive. Can anyone with an Iphone on 4.0 confirm if that's true?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
mangoface

Originally Posted by fineas
I have my IPad in the Incase Grip case. I simply lay it in landscape mode in front of the shifter, leaning back against the AC controls. While it blocks the AC buttons, the grippyness of the case keeps it from sliding around on turns. Its a reasonably good placement for accessing the ipad. Not good for video, but shouldn't be watching video while driving anyway. Certainly beats buying an expensive mount. I do love not having to connect any cables and with the great battery life, I never really have to worry about running out of juice.

I only wish I could skip tracks from the steering wheel. I believe I read that the bluetooth profile in OS4.0 might enable such control, but i'm not positive. Can anyone with an Iphone on 4.0 confirm if that's true?
I have the iPhone 4..
No such luck on the switching of tracks via Bluetooth.
Kinda sucks.
I'm sure if I drive around with the iPad in the car, I'll end up leaving it in the car and that would not be a good look.

-M-

Quick Reply: IPAD audio through 2010 G37