MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   who makes / where to get connectors for bose amp? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/206917-who-makes-where-to-get-connectors-for-bose-amp.html)

vactor 04-06-2010 01:25 AM

who makes / where to get connectors for bose amp?

i am wondering if anyone knows who makes the connectors that go to the factory bose amp on an 09/10 g37 sedan with nav ... i am planning on an upgrade to the soundsystem but do not want to cut any factory wires. i figured if i can get some oem connectors in can then splice my own wires into them and plug them into the oem connectors for a clean install.

STOOF 04-06-2010 02:12 AM

.........noone.

just use wire taps so you dont have to cut.

vactor 04-06-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom (Post 2886838)
.........noone.

just use wire taps so you dont have to cut.

i'm pretty sure that someone makes the connectors. i don't want to use taps if it can be avoided as i do not want to touch the factory wiring at all.

Cobalt232 04-06-2010 05:50 PM

Vactor if you find some please let us know. I have not been able to find any. I would prefer not to cut or tap either if I can help it.

Black Betty 04-06-2010 07:10 PM

If anyone made them it would be Metra. And they don't. Therefore it very likely doesn't exist.

vactor 04-06-2010 07:18 PM

it wouldn't be metra, i mean the actual manufacturer of the connectors, like Tyco, Siemens, Bosch, UEC, Gates, and the like. i am pretty sure the connectors will have a manufacturers' stamp on them

Black Betty 04-06-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by vactor (Post 2887257)
it wouldn't be metra, i mean the actual manufacturer of the connectors, like Tyco, Siemens, Bosch, UEC, Gates, and the like. i am pretty sure the connectors will have a manufacturers' stamp on them

Best of luck trying to buy one of them from the OEM manufacturer. If you are ordering 100,000 of them they might sell to you. Post up to let us know if you have any luck with it. :biggthumpup:

vactor 04-06-2010 09:02 PM

i am familiar with oem product purchasing. once i know who makes it and the part number, it becomes easier attempting to source it. i know it might not be possible, but it's worth a try. or, i can just follow naysayers like you and give up. thanks for the help. edited to be less of a a sissy

Haji 04-06-2010 10:03 PM

Well they're just trying to save you the complete hassle of all this. Wire taps are so easy to use, that this job is ridiculously easy.

Black Betty 04-06-2010 10:47 PM

I wasn't being condescending. I don't know why you took it that way. If you know about OEM purchasing, then you will understand exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody's telling you to give up. By all means, keep looking and as I said let us know when you find a source, I'm sure a number of us will want them.

If/when Metra gets them for the consumer market I'll be the first to know and I can make them available to everyone.