Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help JDM or Aftermarket Dash Finisher & HVAC Controller?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
JKashat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM or Aftermarket Dash Finisher & HVAC Controller?

I had a JDM double-din dash finsiher and HVAC controller for my 2003 G35 Coupe, and I know they also offered a version for the G35 Coupe/Sedan up to 2007, but does anyone know of a kit like this available anywhere for the 2008-2010 dash? I realize that it couldn't be double-din because of the size of the panel and the location of the HVAC controller. I am looking to buy a Alpine F#1 Status CDA-7790 and would love to install it in my Coupe and install a high-end stereo system. I know (for the G35's) there is the JDM version and I also saw either Metra or Schoche makes an after market kit as well. This would be sweet IMHO. I thought there was one person on here that hada shop do it but couldn't find the thread/didn't remember who. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
JKashat

OK, so once I get something into my head I gotta check into it or I won't sleep at night. I called Metra. They told me a dash kit for the G37 is something that will be in the works at a later date. The sales guys said to call every two weeks, the tech said try again in 4 months. The tech said check back after the new Mustang and new Camaro kits hit the market. The 370Z kit is about to hit the market. Unfortunately (for us), the G is on the list but not a very high priority at this time. I did get info on a new product (for the G) that would allow the NAV screen/controls to work if we did change the radio. It was developed for the 370Z and other Nissan/Inifiniti vehicles but will work on the G. It's part number is NIRD-01. Just a heads up if anyone wants to change their head unit. I will FOR SURE, assuming I have the G that long, LOL.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I can get you any Metra product that they sell for a good price. There is no G37 kit available as yet. I will let you know the second it hits the market.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
JKashat

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I can get you any Metra product that they sell for a good price. There is no G37 kit available as yet. I will let you know the second it hits the market.
That would be cool, thanks. I also contacted (by email) JapanParts.com and am waiting for a response back. I have ordered from them in the past for a previous vehicle (2006 Lexus GS 430). They are expensive but they get you what you want (if it's made/available). Just the thought of having an aftermarket head unit in my G makes me excited, even if I have to wait.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Jsphoto

Did one become available?