Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

automatic windows down when door opens

Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 AM
2percentmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
automatic windows down when door opens

I noticed last October when I first got my G37 that when you open the door, the windows automatically go down about 1/2 an inch, but go back up after the door is shut.

I don't know why it does this, but I went out to wash my car this weekend and I finished the roof when I noticed both windows were down this 1/2 inch. I didn't do anything differently, so I don't know why they went down.

It's raining on and off here and I'm obsessively checking the windows before I walk away from the car.

Any ideas on what is happening and why?

Much appreciated!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
sorphin

You need to recalibrate your windows.. they come down so the windows don't slam into the upper part when you open the door.. if they're not going back up you need to reset the window system, just roll them down just past 1/2 way down, then roll them all the way up and hold the button for at least 5 seconds once they're all the way up (hold the button to roll them up obviously).. once you do that, the system will be reset, and they won't stay down like that anymore... you'll have to do this any time you pull the battery, etc..

Originally Posted by 2percentmilk
I noticed last October when I first got my G37 that when you open the door, the windows automatically go down about 1/2 an inch, but go back up after the door is shut.

I don't know why it does this, but I went out to wash my car this weekend and I finished the roof when I noticed both windows were down this 1/2 inch. I didn't do anything differently, so I don't know why they went down.

It's raining on and off here and I'm obsessively checking the windows before I walk away from the car.

Any ideas on what is happening and why?

Much appreciated!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
2percentmilk

Awesome!
Thanks so much for your reply. I'll go do this now.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 PM
sorphin

Originally Posted by 2percentmilk
Awesome!
Thanks so much for your reply. I'll go do this now.
Just an FYI.. it's in the manual I missed it myself too the first time i went through.. hehe
Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
2percentmilk

Hmmm. Well, I did as you (and the manual) said, but when I drove away from work today I noticed whistling, so I pushed the window up button, and it went it that 1/2 inch. So, I guess there might be some faulty wiring. I'm due for my 15,000 checkup, so I'll ask the dealer what gives.
I'll report back what they say.