MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   New AV Control Unit has all voice commands (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/182213-new-av-control-unit-has-all-voice-commands.html)

Dieseldoug22 06-25-2008 10:51 PM

New AV Control Unit has all voice commands

:beat-dead-horse:Not that I want to beat a dead horse but... I took my G in because the XM went out. The dealer said it was the AV Control Unit and ordered a new one from the factory. Got the car back today and while I was setting the radio stations and other options I checked the voice command list. THEY WERE ALL THERE. part3333
I was told by Infiniti's call center that they had to change out all the computers to make it work. B.S. I don't know what happened to make the XM go out but I am very happy it did.

Black Betty 06-25-2008 10:54 PM

You have got to be freaking kidding me??? I'm ecstatic for you but it further proves that the whole thing about not being able to install full voice command capabilities in cars manufactured after xxx date is complete horse crap. Now I'm more pissed off about it than I was before!

MaxToTheG37 06-25-2008 10:56 PM

wow....

extracrunchy 06-25-2008 11:23 PM

i think you might have gotten an old one that might have been stocked up someplace, because I heard they discontinued it because of liability issues, and a friend of mine just got a g, and his commands are the basic ones as well..

is there someway to check the radio id or something ??

Dieseldoug22 06-26-2008 12:00 AM

That is a big possibility. That it was sitting on a shelf somewhere. I can check for some ID of the AV Control Unit tomorrow.

Achilles 06-26-2008 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22 (Post 2368010)
That is a big possibility. That it was sitting on a shelf somewhere. I can check for some ID of the AV Control Unit tomorrow.

Or the '09 control units might be updated with all voice controls and it might be what he got installed. :dunno:

We'll know for sure when the '09's come out in sept.

NotUrG 06-26-2008 01:57 AM

Very interesting. If it works that way, how do I go about breaking my XM and doing it really fast?

Dieseldoug22 06-26-2008 06:13 PM

Unfortunately I don't know what happened. Otherwise I would do a DIY for it. lol

NotUrG 06-27-2008 10:11 AM

Just out of curiousity, where is the control unit? Maybe there are some settings on it to turn voice commands back on.

raZr 06-27-2008 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by extracrunchy (Post 2367972)
i think you might have gotten an old one that might have been stocked up someplace, because I heard they discontinued it because of liability issues, and a friend of mine just got a g, and his commands are the basic ones as well..

is there someway to check the radio id or something ??

tune to channel 0 on XM

pdroth 06-27-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22 (Post 2367921)
:beat-dead-horse:Not that I want to beat a dead horse but... I took my G in because the XM went out. The dealer said it was the AV Control Unit and ordered a new one from the factory. Got the car back today and while I was setting the radio stations and other options I checked the voice command list. THEY WERE ALL THERE. part3333
I was told by Infiniti's call center that they had to change out all the computers to make it work. B.S. I don't know what happened to make the XM go out but I am very happy it did.

I'm wondering if you would be so kind to get some further info from your dealership - what part # did they order and install for you? Because I def will do this, even if it's at my own expense.

If you could PM me that would be great.

NotUrG 06-27-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by pdroth (Post 2369096)
I'm wondering if you would be so kind to get some further info from your dealership - what part # did they order and install for you? Because I def will do this, even if it's at my own expense.

If you could PM me that would be great.

I'd like the info too, if possible.

tidriver 06-27-2008 02:20 PM

I wonder if full voice commands can be a software mod. Full access is always there, but limited by software. just a thought:dunno:

weave 06-27-2008 02:36 PM

Get me the part number of the new one they gave you and I will have my buddy look into it

Dieseldoug22 06-28-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by NotUrG (Post 2369088)
Just out of curiousity, where is the control unit? Maybe there are some settings on it to turn voice commands back on.

The AV Control Unit is right behind the center console. If you put in a CD to listen to you slide it into the AV Control Unit. Negative on turning them back on. The unit has to be reprogrammed. There are no switches or anything.

As for the part number I will call the dealership on Monday and see what he says. And check on pricing.