MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   ipod Interface Needed for Dubai, UAE Car (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/180777-ipod-interface-needed-for-dubai-uae-car.html)

claremont4 05-11-2008 11:24 PM

ipod Interface Needed for Dubai, UAE Car

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the ipod interface for my new G37 that I am buying in Dubai? We only get offered one model here which is shipped from Japan. It comes with sat nav and bluetooth and the ipod rca socket in the arm rest but I would really like to use the head unit to control my ipod. Does anyone know if mine will work or not?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Blackjack 05-11-2008 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by claremont4 (Post 2332282)
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the ipod interface for my new G37 that I am buying in Dubai? We only get offered one model here which is shipped from Japan. It comes with sat nav and bluetooth and the ipod rca socket in the arm rest but I would really like to use the head unit to control my ipod. Does anyone know if mine will work or not?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

If you only have the RCA Stereo inputs, then you'll have to control on your iPOD. When you get it, if you have the iPOD interface adapter and just need the cord, I'm sure we can help you get one.

claremont4 05-11-2008 11:34 PM

how can I tell if I have the ipod interface?

bboysteele 05-11-2008 11:35 PM

You will have a connector in the armrest.

claremont4 05-11-2008 11:40 PM

I checked the car in the showroom and it only has the 3 rca sockets and the 12V power socket. Does that mean I need to buy an ipod interface to make my head unit capatible and if so does anyone know where I can get one from that delivers to Dubai?

bboysteele 05-11-2008 11:42 PM

No, it means that the car is not IPod interface compatible. I believe you get the IPod interface with the Premium package. Check to see if you can get the premium package.

Blackjack 05-11-2008 11:43 PM

I don't think you will be able to do it. The headunit is likely not setup and programmed to accept it so even if you did find all the components necessary, it prolly wouldn't work.

J.Oh 05-11-2008 11:45 PM

you can have the dealership put the unit in but its a Pain in the as$ and it costs some $ to do it if you DONT have premium

bfranks 05-12-2008 12:49 AM

You can do it, and it's not that bad to install. You will be able to control most functions from the head unit / steering wheel, but it is limited compared to the 08 factory integration.

Part

It says it won't work for an 07/08 with nav and sat, but that is wrong. You connect it up using the same harness that you use to hook up the Sirius tuner (lower right side of the trunk I believe). Several guys have installed it in their 07 sedans.

ctowna 05-20-2008 01:02 AM

bfranks, do the people who make this part confirm that it works for an 08 G37?
If so, I'm sold!

claremont4 05-20-2008 04:02 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have just been informed by my dealer that the car won't be here for another 2 months so I will have to wait a while to see what options I have for ipod connectivity :-(

Blackjack 05-20-2008 07:12 AM

Keep us posted. Sorry to hear about the additional wait.

G37Sam 08-16-2008 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by claremont4 (Post 2332282)
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Andy

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM!! i bought my G37 from Dubai too. Its got everything a premium package contains (maybe not the heated seats because we don't need that haha) except the iPod interface. Funnier thing is that the salesperson was telling me that i can connect my iPod to the car too. When my baby arrived i couldnt find anything for the iPod. That b**** pointed out the AUX jacks when i asked her..
Oh and i cant find that 9.3 GB hard drive.
So its either i cant find them or they aint there

would really appreciate it if someone could post pix of the iPod interface slot/jack

Cheers,
Samer

7makara 08-17-2008 10:57 PM

Hi!
does anyone know that why the ipod interface doesn't produce the original sound to the head unit? when i play the CD or AUX it way sound way better than the ipod. does someone have any idea about this?

G37Sam 08-17-2008 11:06 PM

well at least you got the interface.. i paid almost $52k for a G37 that doesnt even have it.. so much for being "full option"
wanna sell it ? haha