Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth and more

Old 09-06-2007, 02:32 PM
EJ2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth and more

Hi Guys,

I had a few tech related questions I was hoping some of you could answer

1) I have bluetooth in my '06 coupe, but I don't use it because the quality is so low. Even with the windows closed, I had to nearly yell for people to hear me. Is there anyone here who has had both the G35 coupe and the G37 that can comment on whether this has been upgraded at all? Namely, how effective is the bluetooth in the G37?

2) We had a thread about the seat lowering mod - best I could tell, it never got definitively answered. Would someone mind leaning their seat forward and taking a picture of the brackets underneath the seat? That would give us an idea if it's doable.

3) Did all of your cars arrive with the iPod connector cable? Does the Navi screen display the album screenshot at all? Is there any way to import mp3s other than by purchased cd (iPod, CF, etc)? Does the navi recognize song/album info for burned cds that were burned directly from store-bought cds?

Thanks in advance for all your replies!!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EJ2000
Hi Guys,

I had a few tech related questions I was hoping some of you could answer

1) I have bluetooth in my '06 coupe, but I don't use it because the quality is so low. Even with the windows closed, I had to nearly yell for people to hear me. Is there anyone here who has had both the G35 coupe and the G37 that can comment on whether this has been upgraded at all? Namely, how effective is the bluetooth in the G37?

2) We had a thread about the seat lowering mod - best I could tell, it never got definitively answered. Would someone mind leaning their seat forward and taking a picture of the brackets underneath the seat? That would give us an idea if it's doable.

3) Did all of your cars arrive with the iPod connector cable? Does the Navi screen display the album screenshot at all? Is there any way to import mp3s other than by purchased cd (iPod, CF, etc)? Does the navi recognize song/album info for burned cds that were burned directly from store-bought cds?

Thanks in advance for all your replies!!
1. The bluetooth in the G37 is fantastic. Everyone can hear me just fine, no echo or static. It's much better than the G35 bluetooth.

2. I'll have a pic of this posted tonight

3. The Ipod interface comes with the Premium package. The base audio comes with a auxiliary audio jack. The SOW does recognize song/album with burned cds if that info is on there. The only way to import MP3's into the HD is through the CF. You cannot do it by burning them onto a CD. Ripping songs to the HD from the CD drive can only be done with audio CD's. You can play MP3 cds, jus can't rip them.

Also keep in mind there is 512 file limit for the CF slot.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Callaway
1. The bluetooth in the G37 is fantastic. Everyone can hear me just fine, no echo or static. It's much better than the G35 bluetooth.

2. I'll have a pic of this posted tonight

3. The Ipod interface comes with the Premium package. The base audio comes with a auxiliary audio jack. The SOW does recognize song/album with burned cds if that info is on there. The only way to import MP3's into the HD is through the CF. You cannot do it by burning them onto a CD. Ripping songs to the HD from the CD drive can only be done with audio CD's. You can play MP3 cds, jus can't rip them.

Also keep in mind there is 512 file limit for the CF slot.
Are you sure about that Ted? Like the G35, I didn't think any MP3s on the CF card could be ripped to the HD.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Skimming through the bible sized owners manual, I thought I had read you could. Haven't actually tried yet. You're probably right on this.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM
RedHerring

(1) there is a setting to adjust the outbound bluetooth voice channel level. Call someone and adjust that until they can hear you loud and clear.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
EJ2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... thanks for all the answers! That helps a ton... and makes the wait for my delayed G37 (I put down a deposit in June) a little easier
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
the bluetooth works very well now compared w/ the '06 models... clarity is strengthened.... little trick for everyone....

if you have a G37 w/o navigation

ifyou don't want to hear the lady be very repetitious-- just push the bluetooth button on the steering wheel and then say your answer -- it basically jumps the prompts-- after the fourth or fifth phone number stored in you get the hang of things and know what she will ask over and over
Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Also if you have the navigation, you can turn off a lot of the prompts by going into the setting and turning on the minimize feedback option.