Mechanical-vibration when putting on brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:42 PM
Matt Gurksnis
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanical-vibration when putting on brakes

Hi,
First time post on this forum. Hopefully I am clear and concise.

Vehicle: 2012 Infiniti G37 Sedan

1) In November 2019 I replaced front brakes and rotors because I was getting vibration/wobble sensation in the brake pad and steering wheel, usually when applying brakes at higher speeds. Bought rotors and brakes from Autozone.
2) In June 2020 I noticed the vibration/wobble sensation again when applying brakes. I took off brakes and rotors again and switched them for another set from Autozone ( I thought maybe the first set I bought weren't good). This change seemed to fix the problem.
3) Beginning in August I noticed that when i would get speed up to 70-75mph I was getting a vibration/wobble in the front (not when applying brakes). I had the front tires checked and both front tires had significant wear on the inner part of the tire. When I replaced the tires my problem in number 2 above was resolved.
4) Today I noticed that I am getting the vibration/wobble again when applying brakes at higher speeds.

My question, outside of rotors what might this be? Could it be rear rotors? (how can i determine if it is the rear). Bad front calipers (just a guess)? Maybe tire rods( I looked and nothing to my eye seems worn), car does have 85K miles. Is there a certain type of rotors specific to this vehicle that I must use? I don't notice any alignment issue while driving but since my tires did wear on the inside should I get an alignment?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Last edited by Matt Gurksnis; 08-30-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:39 AM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
1) Make sure you're greasing all the pins, and the edges of the pads where there is metal contact too calipers, so it can slide in and out smoothly.
2) Make sure you're torquing your wheels. This really does make a lot of difference and can cause the rotors to warp.
3) After installing the pads and rotors make sure to go and break them in. See the recommendation from the company. There is videos on this on youtube also.
4) You can also bleed the brakes