Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Announcement Now offering LIFETIME Premier Membership!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Now offering LIFETIME Premier Membership!

By popular demand, myg37.com now offers Premier Membership with a lifetime term rather than annual renewal. The cost for Premier Membership is only $49. This supersedes the previous arrangement where maintaining Premier Membership required a payment of $30 annually.

The only premier membership option going forward will be the lifetime one. Users who are currently Premier Members will be able to keep their current membership until it expires, at which point they can re-up with the lifetime membership should they choose to do so.

To obtain Premier Membership status, click the link below.

Premier Membership
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Mike B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! That is great news if you are not already premier, especially if you did not recently become a premier member.

Correct me here if I'm wrong.
If "Joe somebody" paid 30 for premier membership last week, next year his membership runs out and he will ONLY have the opportunity to purchase another membership (this time for a lifetime membership) for 49, not another year for 30.
Compare this to someone like myself who could pay 49 a week later (right now) and be set for "life".
I feel sorry for "Joe somebody" right about now, after seeing this announcement.
I'd also really hate to have been a premier member here for consecutive years in the past.
Nothing here says anything about current members getting an "upgrade" for an additional 19... although it only seems fair.

How do the latest, new premier members feel about this new surprise announcement?

I see it as a good deal for some that "punks" others, but leave it as is and it'll just blow over eventually...
Old 12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Mike B.
Wow! That is great news if you are not already premier, especially if you did not recently become a premier member.

If "Joe somebody" paid 30 for premier membership last week, next year his membership runs out and he will ONLY have the opportunity to purchase another membership (this time for a lifetime membership) for 49, not another year for 30.
Compare this to someone like myself who could pay 49 a week later (right now) and be set for "life".
I feel sorry for "Joe somebody" right about now, after seeing this announcement.
I'd also really hate to have been a premier member here for consecutive years in the past.
Nothing here says anything about current members getting an "upgrade" for an additional 19... although it only seems fair.

How do the latest, new premier members feel about this new surprise announcement?

I see it as a good deal for some that "punks" others, but leave it as is and it'll just blow over eventually...
That's certainly one way of looking at it. It is particularly good for those that are just now choosing the Premier option. "Joe Somebody" could also see it as having to pay $79 for life rather than $30 a year for the rest of his time here. Or he may opt not to renew it at all if he chooses. Perspective.

There was nothing mentioned by IB Admins about a $19 "upgrade" for current Premier Members. It's now one Premier option only - you can pay $49 once and never have to pay again. Whether you are a new Premier Member or existing one. However members feel about it - as a negative or a positive - it's up to them and they can feel how they like.

There is always still the ever popular freeloader option that the vast majority of members choose. For everyone who chooses to pay nothing, it really doesn't affect them at all one way or another so I guess they'll be the same.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Sometimes all you have to do is to ask nicely.
We can definitely provide a discount to current Premier Members. Please have these users send a PM to IB Member Support when their subscriptions run out to make the switch to Lifetime status.
The following 10 users liked this post by Black Betty:
ANMVQ (01-02-2015), blnewt (12-31-2013), dbeachy1 (01-02-2014), Deelow (01-02-2014), Gio37 (12-31-2013), GoFightNguyen (01-03-2014), Presto (12-31-2014), RexHavoc (01-09-2014), Rochester (01-12-2014), Zelf24 (01-02-2014) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike B.

You mean kind of like the government last few years with home owners ?....awarding the people who stopped making payments on their house (for whatever reason) and giving the them breaks & discounts and people who has never missed a payment feeling screwed by this deal.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Thanks BB
Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Gio37
Thanks BB
Don't thank me. IB Admins did this (IB Jason, IB Nolan). They are to receive any thanks. Or blame if you are one of those that manages to see this as a negative or find something wrong with it.

I'm just the messenger.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Worked for me. Jason was very kind. Unless something happens to my G or me (stuff happens), I plan on being here for many years to come.

No, that's not a threat, LOL.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 PM
dotmichael
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is always still the ever popular freeloader option that the vast majority of members choose. For everyone who chooses to pay nothing, it really doesn't affect them at all one way or another so I guess they'll be the same.
Thats in poor taste to say the least. Some of those freeloaders are regulars and its not like this site gets a ton of traffic to begin with, I dont take offense to much but with your moderation style I think it would behoove you to utilize just a bit of tact.
The following users liked this post:
Black Betty (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by dotmichael
Thats in poor taste to say the least. Some of those freeloaders are regulars and its not like this site gets a ton of traffic to begin with, I dont take offense to much but with your moderation style I think it would behoove you to utilize just a bit of tact.
Duly noted sir!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Duly noted sir!
Restores your faith in people when you catch a glimpse of honest humility.

BB, you get a big just for that right there.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM
dotmichael
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Duly noted sir!
Originally Posted by Rochester
Restores your faith in people when you catch a glimpse of honest humility.

BB, you get a big just for that right there.

I had actually come back into the thread to delete it as I didnt want to cause any animosity but instead was met with a humbling response which was much appreciated and did much of the same for me Roc.
The following users liked this post:
Zelf24 (10-09-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Does the lifetime membership get rid of the annoying popup adds that show up at the bottom of every picture you view on the site?
Old 12-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Jestered
Does the lifetime membership get rid of the annoying popup adds that show up at the bottom of every picture you view on the site?
Can you post a screen shot of what it is you're talking about? And what browser do you use? I personally don't have that, but I don't think that Premier Membership removes or reduces any ads (that I know of). Perhaps an adblocker or popup blocker for your browser is in order? They're free.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Now that you ask for the screenshot, it's not happening anymore. The more I think about it, the more I believe what has happened before is the ad was being provided by whatever image hosting service the person was using to host the picture. The ad would basically cover the bottom portion of the image and I would have to close the ad to see the full picture. I'll grab a screenshot when it happens again, but it probably has nothing to do with the forum.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:14 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Finally signed up

Quick Reply: Announcement Now offering LIFETIME Premier Membership!