need some help choosing new tires

Old 02-01-2017, 03:12 AM
Peruviann
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
need some help choosing new tires

I am currently on bridgestone potenzas that came with the 08 sport wheels i bought. The tires are from 08 and need to be replaced. These tires are extremely noisy and i can feel almost every single bump.

I was looking towards these 2 tires. Americas tire rates the Yokohama BEST and Hankook BETTER. The price difference is a few dollars.

I would like some tires that aren't to noisy and ride alot smoother than the potenzas.

Yokohama Sport A/S
225-45-19
245-40-19

Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2
225-45-19
245-40-19
Old 02-01-2017, 12:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Peruviann
I am currently on bridgestone potenzas that came with the 08 sport wheels i bought. The tires are from 08 and need to be replaced. These tires are extremely noisy and i can feel almost every single bump.

I was looking towards these 2 tires. Americas tire rates the Yokohama BEST and Hankook BETTER. The price difference is a few dollars.

I would like some tires that aren't to noisy and ride alot smoother than the potenzas.

Yokohama Sport A/S
225-45-19
245-40-19

Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2
225-45-19
245-40-19
Those two tires are very different, one is a Max Performance Summer, the other a Ultra High Performance All Season.

If you don't drive in sub freezing temperatures and have another vehicle to drive if & when it snows I would ONLY consider Summer tires, they will perform much better in wet & dry verses almost all All Season tires.

I'd also consider running 245/40/19 all around, your staggered coupe wheels are only a 1/2" stagger so running 245s all around won't be a problem.

I have the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport Max Summers and they are performing well, and tirerack is running a nice deal on them right now. Here's a list on Tirerack for the 245/40/19s. The Hankook Evos, Continental DWs, and Bridgestone SO-4 Pole Positions are good choices, and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the gold standard but come at a price.
Using Cookies

Now if you want/need a quieter, longer lasting tire then All Seasons would be the better choice but you will sacrifice a fair amount of performance but will last upwards of twice as long.
Using Cookies
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Peruviann
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Those two tires are very different, one is a Max Performance Summer, the other a Ultra High Performance All Season.

If you don't drive in sub freezing temperatures and have another vehicle to drive if & when it snows I would ONLY consider Summer tires, they will perform much better in wet & dry verses almost all All Season tires.

I'd also consider running 245/40/19 all around, your staggered coupe wheels are only a 1/2" stagger so running 245s all around won't be a problem.

I have the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport Max Summers and they are performing well, and tirerack is running a nice deal on them right now. Here's a list on Tirerack for the 245/40/19s. The Hankook Evos, Continental DWs, and Bridgestone SO-4 Pole Positions are good choices, and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the gold standard but come at a price.
Using Cookies

Now if you want/need a quieter, longer lasting tire then All Seasons would be the better choice but you will sacrifice a fair amount of performance but will last upwards of twice as long.
Using Cookies

Thanks for the reply ! looks like ill be going with all season tires.

Search this Thread