Konig Integram Wheels?

Old 07-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Jagerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Konig Integram Wheels?

Hi Everyone I'm new to the forum and will be buying a used G37 in the very near future. I found a sale for a G that has winter tires on it and I was thinking rather than just replacing them with summers I would just keep that the tires on the rims and just get new wheels. I was looking to get something mainly for DD but wanted to go to a road track once in a while.

So I wanted to know what you guys thought of the brand Konig and the Konig Integram Wheels? The site says they are made with some flow form technology, is this just marketing or is it actually something to care about? Also do you guys think these are strong enough to track once in a while?

TreadDepot.com: Konig Integram Graphite Wheels
Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Jagerk
Hi Everyone I'm new to the forum and will be buying a used G37 in the very near future. I found a sale for a G that has winter tires on it and I was thinking rather than just replacing them with summers I would just keep that the tires on the rims and just get new wheels. I was looking to get something mainly for DD but wanted to go to a road track once in a while.

So I wanted to know what you guys thought of the brand Konig and the Konig Integram Wheels? The site says they are made with some flow form technology, is this just marketing or is it actually something to care about? Also do you guys think these are strong enough to track once in a while?

TreadDepot.com: Konig Integram Graphite Wheels
Konig has been around a while and are a decent lower priced rim, the flow formed stuff is just a fancy way of saying low pressure cast AFAIK, should be fine for occasional track duty. If the G you're wanting is a Sport model w/ the big Akebono calipers that's something you need to be aware of, most 18s won't clear them so you need to check w/ the vendor about it.
Here's a template to keep handy should the need arise.
Welcome to the site BTW.
Brad
http://www.conceptzperformance.com/i...akeoutline.pdf
Oh, and ask for Andrew over at Treadepot, he gives nice deals when you mention myg37.com
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Jagerk

Thanks for the info and the welcome Brad.

I will contact Konig tomorrow to see if the 18" ones will fit or not otherwise try to see if they have 19" ones.

If I were not to be able to get the Konig wheels, is there another brand you guys would recommend for price versus performance and possibly a good place to get them? This is the first time I am buying aftermarket wheels and am not too sure about who is good or bad. Also don't have a great deal of money to spend as I just bought the car, but I don't want wheels that will break.

Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Thanks for the info and the welcome Brad.

I will contact Konig tomorrow to see if the 18" ones will fit or not otherwise try to see if they have 19" ones.

If I were not to be able to get the Konig wheels, is there another brand you guys would recommend for price versus performance and possibly a good place to get them? This is the first time I am buying aftermarket wheels and am not too sure about who is good or bad. Also don't have a great deal of money to spend as I just bought the car, but I don't want wheels that will break.

Thanks again.
So you just bought the G, congrats on that. Is yours the S model w/ the big calipers? If not then you won't have to worry about caliper clearance.
Here's the brakes I'm referring to~

A lot of the Konigs have pretty good spacing w/ the spokes from the hub so brake clearance w/ 18s might be a bit easier w/ some of those designs.
The Integrams look to be pretty good in that regard along w/ the Torch, Killigram, Milligram and a couple others, pretty lightweight overall too.
G/L w/ your wheel search, so many options to choose from. Enkeis are another good option in a lighter weight 18s that will clear the BBks.
If you need offset help we can do that, just specify a coupe or sedan, and if it's AWD or RWD.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Jagerk

Oh yeah for got to mention it is the sport sedan model and it will have the big brake setup.

If the wheels do clear the brakes, will the +35 offset affect the fitment?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:33 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Oh yeah for got to mention it is the sport sedan model and it will have the big brake setup.

If the wheels do clear the brakes, will the +35 offset affect the fitment?
Depends on the width of the wheel
Old 07-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Jagerk

So I called up the guys at Konig this morning and they said that the 18x8.5 will not clear the brake calipers.
He did say the 19 should fit but will be aggressive. What does he mean exactly, will the wheel rub or scrape the caliper?

So if the 19s have a width of 8.5 or 9 and an offset of +35 or +45 will these wheels fit?