Thinkware x500 dashcam on Q40

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Thinkware x500 dashcam on Q40

" Speed Trap "
" BMW M6 Pull "
This is on sale at Sams Club for $224 the whole kit (front and back camera)

Sound was removed by youtube on Speed Trap video due to freakin copyright song playing on the radio.... The story goes like this. I knew this speed trap and I was driving 5 miles above the speed limit. The moment the SUV was about to pass me my radar detector went off with radar warning then laser warning. This cop was using both... Unfortunately, these two speeders got a break. (Traveling 10 MPH above the speed limit)
Old 11-26-2015, 08:55 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Can you take pictures of where you mounted your front camera?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Awgd8

Pls. scroll down to the very end of the thread...

Thinkware Dash cam from BestBuy. - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums
Old 11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
If you're going to go slow, stay in the right lane

WI has many speed traps, especially through smaller towns.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Awgd8

Originally Posted by Jsolo
If you're going to go slow, stay in the right lane

WI has many speed traps, especially through smaller towns.
I am a car enthusiast like you, I know the fast lane rules. =)

I am on the fast lane bec. I was less than half a mile for my left hand turn on the coming intersection. I was doing 50MPG on a 45 MPH speed limit. I hate to pass and speed up late to my turn.

BTW, I see you are from Illinois, I had lived there for 13 years and when I moved to SE WI 10 years ago, I thought Illinois driver was bad. I was wrong big time!

Illinois drivers are mostly speeders, but living her in WI, I experiened more aggressive drivers that are really going to kill you.

One time I was on the stop light ( 6am) and a Toyota Sienna was behind me. Light turns green and he was tailgating me so I sped up. We met again the next light and when the lights turn green we both move forward, but he tried to side swipe my car , pushing me to the curbside. That was 40 MPH and my right rims hit the curb while trying a hard brake to avoid him, luckily it only gouged the rims not dented. I did not see his license plate bec. I was trying to get away from him. We met in the stop light again, but there were no exchanges of words, but very quiet. Although, he was trying to kill me, but I did control my emotion. He must be packing and I did not bring mine in case SHTF...

Another incidence was I was driving home from work. I turned left from the stop light into an empty road with 35 MPH speed limit. ( I was doing 45) As I was travelling about 1/4 away from that stop light(looking from the rearview mirror) there was no car behind me. After a few secs. I saw a car on my rearview mirror gaining on me. He must be travelling at least 70 MPH to gain that much distance up my rear bumper. I was so surprised and floored the brake while steering my car to the shoulder. There he went and flew by me.

Both incidences I was driving my EX35 crossover.

That tiny LED (ambient) light should be covered by anything black. It is a safety or privacy issue for us. People can see us and like me with a small to medium frame body, we lose that itimidation factor in these situation.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
^^In that case, I took your video out of context Didn't see you turning left.

There's bad drivers everywhere. If someone tailgates I just slow down more. If I'm going too slow, they'll pass. Only been rear-ended once. I stopped for a light while across the street a county cop had a car pulled over. The guy that hit me wasn't looking at the stop light but rather at the squad across the street.

I generally accelerate slow but to a faster speed than most (usually 5-10 over in most places).

I try as much as possible to avoid chicago proper with all the red light and speed cameras. Just heard on the news today the chicago police superintendent was dismissed by the mayor. Too bad the mayor can't dismiss himself too. Chicago may be the next Ferguson.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Awgd8

Yeah, that redlight camera scares me in Chicago. Even in Gurnee,IL they have it installed along Grand ave.