Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vendor Stillen needs to work on their customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:12 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Stillen needs to work on their customer service

Hello Peeps,

I have read many threads about Stillens customer service not being so great and unfortunely I am going through the same issue. Purchased a CSF triple pass radiator through Stillen and just last week it failed. Started to leak. Took it to the local dealership for overheating not thinking it was the radiator. Contacted Stillen
and to my surprise it is covered under warranty. Had to get a couple of pics and vin from the radiator to get the process going. The dealership took a couple of days to do this and forwarded info to Stillen. I was told pretty much that the replacement has been approved through CSF and should be shipping soon. Today the car has been sitting at Infiniti for a week. I keep emailing Stillen for a tracking number so I can give the dealership a heads up when it will be showing up at the dealership. My email request never get answered. When I call Stillen it feels like I am getting the run around. Same blah blah blah. It is ready to be shipped and should be there. I called CSF today and they wouldn't verify anything and told me I have to go through Stillen. All I need is a tracking number and Stillen won't even respond to my emails and give me one. CSF is no help.. WTF????
The following users liked this post:
Presto (10-20-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Hello NeverBoneStock,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with our customer service department. If we are having trouble getting info from CSF sometimes our reps will forget to update customers. I do apologize and am looking into this right now.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Did you try contacting Ravi @ csf? He is on the370z forums.

There are many ppl who purchased the csf radiators and they have various leaking issues. I'm surprised that csf has not yet rectified this product as it's been on the market for a couple of years. They keep posting the number of failures is minimal etc etc.
Labour for radiator replacement is not cheap and even if csf replaces the part your out of your pocket for labour, shipping, downtime of car.

Come on csf fix the radiator for good. We know the radiator helps bring down the temps, we just want it to not leak as well and you will have my money.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:13 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

I finally received a email that the CSF has shipped with tracking. It would be nice just to answer my emails regarding the issue. I know u have other customers but follow up does go a long ways..
Old 10-20-2016, 01:16 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

I tried contacting anybody at CSF that would or could help me. They basically told me no help and to go through stilled. This is the new triple pass and I thought I bought one that didn't have the leaking issues. Sounded like a bad batch on the 370z forum. Guess I was wrong. Hopefully this one last longer
Old 10-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I apologize we did not live up to your expectations. I spoke with our customer service manager about this issue. We understand that going even a day without an update can be a little tough and with how busy we get sometimes we don't provide updates for a few days where there is nothing new to report. I know Customer Service emailed you tracking as soon as CSF sent it to us, but I also know that updating customers even when there is no progress is important for piece of mind.

Thank you for showing your concern and we will continue to work on improving our customer service experience for our customers.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 AM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Just to bump this old thread, I echo the same issues. My car has been down for weeks as I was moving the blower to a different motor and I misplaced one pulley spacer and I'm going on over a week trying to get them to sell me one. I sent like 10 photos of what I needed and all I have are a quote for the incorrect parts earlier this week. Literally sent a photo of the exact spacer I needed and I don't even have a price on it now. At this point if they even get back to me today, I'm sure it'll be yet another week to get this part so I can finish. This is literally all I need to get the car back on the road. I'm like one day away from paying someone to take theirs off, get me some detailed measurements and I'll have my own made.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM
PNetizen
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is an old thread but I'm at the end of my patience. I've been waiting over 5 months for a set or rear rotors to match my Stillen front rotors. I've never been contacted pro-actively about anything. Contacting Stillen customer support takes weeks of calling multiple times a day, every day. No response to voice messages left. No response to emails. When I have gotten to talk to a person I've been told that the machinist guy is out until next week, machines have been broken but will be fixed soon, your order is in the queue and it's 2 weeks out, someone will reach out to you. After 5+ months, nothing. I just want the rotors that I've already been charged for. I know that charge-backs are a huge pain for vendors, but after 5 months of this I don't know what to do...I'm going to actually need new rear rotors soon and I'll have to find another solution, albeit a mis-matching one!

Is this is plea for support from Stillen? Maybe I'm just looking for support from the community? I don't know anymore.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:29 AM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNetizen
I know this is an old thread but I'm at the end of my patience. I've been waiting over 5 months for a set or rear rotors to match my Stillen front rotors. I've never been contacted pro-actively about anything. Contacting Stillen customer support takes weeks of calling multiple times a day, every day. No response to voice messages left. No response to emails. When I have gotten to talk to a person I've been told that the machinist guy is out until next week, machines have been broken but will be fixed soon, your order is in the queue and it's 2 weeks out, someone will reach out to you. After 5+ months, nothing. I just want the rotors that I've already been charged for. I know that charge-backs are a huge pain for vendors, but after 5 months of this I don't know what to do...I'm going to actually need new rear rotors soon and I'll have to find another solution, albeit a mis-matching one!

Is this is plea for support from Stillen? Maybe I'm just looking for support from the community? I don't know anymore.
Chargebacks suck for a vendor but personally, I wouldn't give a **** in this scenario. If your story isn't missing any details then they deserve to deal with the chargeback. I'd charge back the whole amount if you ordered fronts and backs at the same time and absolutely want matching rotors. If you feel guilty after a successful chargeback, get all new rotors somewhere else and send the ones back from the Stillen set. I've stopped ordering or finding parts from Stillen for my blower kit. If something breaks, I try to find the part number, all they do for everything except the blower bracket in the supercharger kit is rebrand other manufacturers parts and upcharge 100% for them - case in point their $50+ VQ supercharger belt is a $20 gates belt on rockauto. I know that doesn't help with rotors obviously, but merely making my point that I have also found Stillen to be terrible and will go to whatever lengths I have to in order to avoid dealing with them.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:46 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
The prime rule of business is if you don't treat your customers well, there are others out there that will. After five months of waiting for a product, I've already paid for my concern is not with the company but my own dilemma. Give me my d@mn money back! I've never purchased anything from Stillen and this thread discourages me from ever doing so
The following users liked this post:
nonlinearedits (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:54 AM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Absinthe
The prime rule of business is if you don't treat your customers well, there are others out there that will. After five months of waiting for a product, I've already paid for my concern is not with the company but my own dilemma. Give me my d@mn money back! I've never purchased anything from Stillen and this thread discourages me from ever doing so
Truth. It's a shame because they have done a lot of things for the VQ guys. I don't know that all these alternative and improved blower setups would be around if Stillen never made one (albeit ****ty) to begin with. I feel like they used to be good too. I know they were super busy two years ago when COVID first ramped up because people were at home all the time working on projects and demanding parts and then there were shortages, etc. But you can only use that excuse to a certain extent. There's no excuse for ****ty communication, lies and constant excuses.