Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vendor Aam??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Aam??

So wasn't going to start this here as I gave them the benifit. So before I had all the timing issues with my car I decided to try the AAM intakes are try and swap them for my Takeda's. I talked to Michael Dean for a few days and finally deciced to try them. All contact but one was VIA email and he never missed one, this is import for why I started this thread. So I sent Michael the payment onFriday 2/26 and again everything was confirmed VIA email. So later that day I realized I did not have long term plans for my car and sent Michael a email Friday asking to cancel the order as I wasn't keeping the car. I dont hear anything from Michael on Saturday figuring they were closed and Monday I was swapped at work and was going to call him before they close Monday at 6pm. At 5:12PM I get an email from FedEx with my tracking info for the intakes? I immediately called Michael and ask him why these went out? He said "Oh I must have missed you email from Firday, went to spam"? UM ok all the emails prior on the "sale" he didn't miss, none of those went to spam just magicaly the one canceling the order went there . So I ask him to stop the shipment and he told me he probably couldn't and tried to get me to take them and sell them???? Really, So he said he was going to check and call me back... Never heard back till this day on that. So I called Fedex and tried to stop it, that didn't work. I went all the way to my town and then went back to AAM? So then I get and email from Michael on the refund. They wanted to charge me a 25% restocking fee !!! For refusing the shippment. I didn't refuse it, I cancelled it before you shipped it, you " missed" the email yea sure man. So then they were only going to refund me $309.24 or course taking their cut of 25% and $173.20 for "missing" and email. That was on 3/4 , 11 days later NO refund( I paid VIA Paypal) I tired asking him on 3/11 were the refund was and he was going to do it that day. Still nothing. On top of this I will be calling today and asking for the whole refund. I thought they were different, but guess not. Still found a way to make money on something that was cancelled before it was shipped, RANT!!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Listen AAM I understand you have to stand behind your employee's and that cool but when someone asks to cancel something and you don't, you still ship it all the way the state of detestation then bring it back to charge me shipping fee's and refusal fee's just sux. And I really still think its funny that he tried to get me to accept them anyway and sell them on my own, then tells me he never tried to call fedex and get it stopped even after we talked about it on the phone. Just ignored it "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE" he also ignored the email from me to just to make $$$. restocking fee my CAN. I was on the fence about the intake you guys are making and no will never buy anything you make. I know it's only one guy "me" but EH

Friday @ 8:25PM - BTW the same email address we have been communicating through for weeks. And was ignored THANX AAM
"Hi Mike,

I don't know how to start this, but I have to cancel my order for now. I just had some serious family issues come up and I can spend the money right now I feel so bad because I asked you to help me with the PayPal fee and you so generously did! I really appreciate your time and help biting you can help me one one time please and cancel my order. I since rally apologize and please I hope this hasn't coat you any inconvenience"
Old 03-15-2016, 12:56 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
I get your frustration and 25% is a hell of a restocking fee, but all of the fine print is stated in their terms & conditions page so you can't really blame them for the surcharges. Sorry to hear you had to go through this though. They definitely should have cancelled the shipment before it left the warehouse.

Refused Shipment
Any customer that refuses a shipment for any reason will have its customer status suspended until such time when all charges/penalties pertaining to the refused shipment have been paid. Charges/penalties will include a $35.00 refused shipment penalty, any and all shipping costs, as well as a restocking fee for the returned parts where applicable.

Returns
All returns must be marked with a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), issued to you by AAM Competition, LLC Sales representative. All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee. No returns are accepted on Special Order merchandise, electronic merchandise, discontinued items, specially priced items and "blowout", "quantity discount", or "specials" are not returnable. No refunds can be made after 15 days of invoice date. Merchandise must be in new condition and in original packaging. Merchandise must be returned freight prepaid. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Merchandise returns are for credit towards future purchases only. Cash refunds will not be authorized. Any deposit placed on Special Order merchandise are non refundable.

Last edited by the93owner; 03-15-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 PM
NickyP

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
93, I think his issue is with the fact that he contacted the vendor BEFORE it was shipped to cancel the order and it was shipped anyway. IMO that isn't his fault, its the vendors for shipping an order when cancel was requested.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 01:07 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by NickyP
93, I think his issue is with the fact that he contacted the vendor BEFORE it was shipped to cancel the order and it was shipped anyway. IMO that isn't his fault, its the vendors for shipping an order when cancel was requested.
Yeah I realized I forgot to address that part. I was too curious to see whether they actually had a 25% restocking fee or if the sales rep was just playing him.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
You sent the email to cancel at 830pm Friday. Assuming they were closed by then and they stay closed Friday and Saturday, ideally he should have cancelled the order Monday morning.
Best is to always call Asap to cancel in future.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (03-15-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 01:33 AM
juan goose
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Shady sounds like it was. Even if it was on a Friday. I'm sure a good business person would have checked emails prior to monday. Oh yea email must have gone to spam... Right. Trying to have a customer sell it is not right for any business either.

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2016, 01:34 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Agree'd anyone one how is any good will check emails first thing in the morning. Shady to me us an understatement. Was my only transaction ever with them and will be the last. I hope no one buys their 2k intake manifold.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:37 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
I agree with you to a point! But email shouldn't be trusted and don't assume someone gets it just because you send it.. I have had it happen were one gets sent to spam while others have come through just fine.if you wanted to guarantee it was cancelled you should have called..