Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

ZSpeed Performance review

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
No, this was not from 3-4 years ago, this is very recent but I've come to expect factually incorrect statements from zspeed, apparently looking at post date is a little bit beyond zspeed's abilities.

Whoever installed my kit does these kits couple of times a month, so don't start with blaming the installer first, it's your terrible design that's at fault here as the bolt was tightened to specs and still had loc-tite on it when I looked at it, yes you haven't installed the thing but you included the damn bolt with your kit and you charged me $12.5 plus shipping for the replacement of your crappy bolt because first thing zspeed did was ship the wrong bolt to replace the defective bolt that destroyed my flywheel so thanks for that excellent customer service, you lying sack of defective bolts.

You said yourself in your e-mail to me it was installed over 3 years ago

[quote]
Hi,

I've recently had Zspeed HD CSC unit shoot a bolt into my transmission which damaged the flywheel teeth. I've had the CSC for three years so this is not a recent install. I'm attaching a picture. I've requested OS Giken build a new flywheel as they don't stock them, between parts and labor I'm out $1300 plus my car has been out of commission for 3 weeks already. Please advise on how you'd like me to proceed as it's your product that failed even though all the bolts were torqued to spec with threadlocker applied.

[End Quote]

I'm pretty sure if something was defective when installed it would have gave way long before 3 years later...

You sent me one picture that showed a bolt missing out of the bottom (the one that is installed when the slave is installed in the trans) I never got a reply from you with my other questions or request for other pictures, A hardened steel bolt does not simply fall out or break for no reason nor in 6-7 we've been offering these have we ever had an issue with this.

I have never shipped or charged you for any replacement bolts as I have never shipped you anything directly.

I did not reply to this post as I have never seen it before now.

Here is the one picture you sent me.

Last edited by ZSpeedPerformance; 10-04-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:42 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Ok first of all, thanks for posting my personal information which is against board rules. Secondly, if you say the bolt must not be defective if it lasted 3 years, by the same token I can say installation must be good as well or it would have been an issue shortly after install.

Now all this gave me an idea, you said old version of OS Giken had longer bolts. The issue did happen shortly after I replaced worn out OS Giken clutch with a brand new one, if it's not a manufacturing defect and not an installation error, could it have something to do with using the old version of your backing plate with the new OS Giken clutch?
Old 10-04-2016, 01:19 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
Ok first of all, thanks for posting my personal information which is against board rules. Secondly, if you say the bolt must not be defective if it lasted 3 years, by the same token I can say installation must be good as well or it would have been an issue shortly after install.

Now all this gave me an idea, you said old version of OS Giken had longer bolts. The issue did happen shortly after I replaced worn out OS Giken clutch with a brand new one, if it's not a manufacturing defect and not an installation error, could it have something to do with using the old version of your backing plate with the new OS Giken clutch?
The only reason the bolts were longer before was because the plate was thicker with the older set-up without the bearing cap. The bearing cap now makes up for the height difference and the base slaves are all the same height, We just use the OS Style bearing cap to make up the difference which we have done for well over 3 years now as it helps to calm down the clutch action/aggressiveness.

I know what shop the car was at, They are very good at what they do, How the bolt came out I will never know and they will probably never know either.

It was at minimum 3 years after install, It went through multiple clutches with the same slave. I'm not trying to be an ***, It was 3 years later and a bolt came out that we did not install, Not much I can do to control installations or matters out of my control but bashing us and our product over this IMO is uncalled for esp since the replacement parts we sent to the shop were EXTREMELY Discounted to help you out.

Last edited by ZSpeedPerformance; 10-04-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
There's two sides to every story. Please do not de-rail the original thread intent. If there are other sentiments post them on their own thread. Thank you.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:27 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
My clutch pedal fell to the floor. I thought it was the zspeed csc at first but there's no loss of fluid as well I can drive the car in whatever gear I start the car in. That test rules out the csc and now points towards the cmc. Gonna tackle replacing it with the tricks/steps listed above.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:17 PM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
Man getting this master out is a pain in the @$$ .... really should've got them a stud removed for the lower stud. May have made this job easier. Back to wiggling I go.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:12 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Lol yup not fun. Did u read about getting a z cmc? It doesn't have the big large damper on the bottom. Wish I knew that before I did mine good luck.