General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Warranty about to expire...? Need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM
JloG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty about to expire...? Need opinions!

Hey guys, need your help here! My factory warranty its about to expire in November, 2015. What's a good excuse to take my car to the dealer for them to fix under warranty, so I don't have worry about it later?

I have a 2012 SEDAN with Sport Pckge, NAV, and Premium with 34k Miles in the ODO. Running on Mobile 1 Filter and M1 5w-30 synthetic oil. I'm using purolator classic filters just because I needed them asap, buying NAPA (WIX) next time. Overall, the car drives great.. will need new tires and alignment in a few months (Still has the good year that comes with the S model). Interior ehh driver seat it's starting to show the years, the rest of the seats are okay. Mats look horrible already possibly buying new ones later. Brakes are surprisingly performing good, don't know if they changed the brake pads prior to selling or at 15k miles.. they feel good to me. I hear a little knocking sound when starting the engine.. something related to the VVEL?

Please leave your opinion if it's possible for them to fix stuff under warranty with out me paying? Should I consider extended warranty? Even though it barely covers the essential parts of the car IMO.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Swaj420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you get your transmission reprogramed?
Old 07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Swaj420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you get a booming noise coming from the back seat around 70- 80 mph , could be the rebro joint on the back end of the drive shaft, there is a TSB out there for it along with one for the tranny reprogram mentioned above, because of lag in shift response and hard shifting.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:17 PM
beachbum718

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Renew it...don't be a fool.say your seat motor blows.800 to 1500 bucks.your stock radio head unit.500.your stock amp 800.transmission... hello **** storm $$$$.
Drive your car knowing you have it.its a big peice of mind
Old 07-15-2015, 03:58 PM
JloG37s

Originally Posted by Swaj420
if you get a booming noise coming from the back seat around 70- 80 mph , could be the rebro joint on the back end of the drive shaft, there is a TSB out there for it along with one for the tranny reprogram mentioned above, because of lag in shift response and hard shifting.
Thanks for your reply! That's a good one, didn't thought about that. I'll try that one. I dont get that booming noise from the back (yet) lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
JloG37s

Originally Posted by beachbum718
Renew it...don't be a fool.say your seat motor blows.800 to 1500 bucks.your stock radio head unit.500.your stock amp 800.transmission... hello **** storm $$$$.
Drive your car knowing you have it.its a big peice of mind
I was reading all the stuff that covers and non of that it's covered lol that's why I'm not sure whether to do it or not. Did you bought extended warranty for your G?

Last edited by JloG37s; 07-15-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: None*
Old 07-15-2015, 11:29 PM
beachbum718

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Yupp but I have an m37.
Got premium elite warranty. 100k or 5 years.covers everything
Old 07-16-2015, 12:48 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Warranties are sold for a reason because they make money for the dealerships. That doesn't mean they don't pay off for some in the long run (sometimes the peace of mind is worth it it alone). The one good thing is most of them are pro rated so if you decide to get rid of the car before it's up you get you can cancel it and get your money back. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Wicked-G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been searching this site for warranty related questions and this is the closest I can find. Excuse if I am not on topic. My issue is the opposite. I have the extended or what most of you may have heard Bumper-to-bumper warranty on my car. Yesterday I called the dealer and asked if I made slight modifications to my car will it void it and they told me that any after market mods will definitely void. I just basically want to do some minor stuff like lowering springs, and maybe intake\exhaust. Anyone with any experience on this matter and if this is said to be true to void the warranty? I saw on some other posts on here that someone stated that unless they can prove that the mod caused failure to another component then they can't void the warranty. They claim they took it to court and actually won but this is also the internet. Just want to get any input. Thanks
Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 AM
JloG37s

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Warranties are sold for a reason because they make money for the dealerships. That doesn't mean they don't pay off for some in the long run (sometimes the peace of mind is worth it it alone). The one good thing is most of them are pro rated so if you decide to get rid of the car before it's up you get you can cancel it and get your money back. Good luck.
Ohh thats good info! I thought that the ext warranty would go away with the car!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
do you have anything that might already void the warranty...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:04 AM
JloG37s

Originally Posted by Wicked-G
I have been searching this site for warranty related questions and this is the closest I can find. Excuse if I am not on topic. My issue is the opposite. I have the extended or what most of you may have heard Bumper-to-bumper warranty on my car. Yesterday I called the dealer and asked if I made slight modifications to my car will it void it and they told me that any after market mods will definitely void. I just basically want to do some minor stuff like lowering springs, and maybe intake\exhaust. Anyone with any experience on this matter and if this is said to be true to void the warranty? I saw on some other posts on here that someone stated that unless they can prove that the mod caused failure to another component then they can't void the warranty. They claim they took it to court and actually won but this is also the internet. Just want to get any input. Thanks
Thanks for your input, what I've heard is that yes, like any product with warranty you can't mess with anything in the inside. Just like an iphone, when you take it in for a repair the first thing they check is the seals too see if you opened it and did something on purpose. So, unless you leave no marks or proof (Like those seals) they won't be able to find it. But then again you are taking a risk. How is that extended warranty doing for you? I have until November to decide if I want to extend? Have you gotten your money back or is just for peace of mind?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:09 AM
JloG37s

Originally Posted by beachbum718
Yupp but I have an m37.
Got premium elite warranty. 100k or 5 years.covers everything
Oh, you are on another level lol Have they fixed everything that you've complained about? or they give you excuses... I know that depends on the dealership, some of them are more lenient than others.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 AM
JloG37s

I've heard that this actually makes the MPG worst... what's your experience on this? (Even though, I do feel like I need to get it reprogrammed)
Old 07-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Wicked-G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JloG37s
Thanks for your input, what I've heard is that yes, like any product with warranty you can't mess with anything in the inside. Just like an iphone, when you take it in for a repair the first thing they check is the seals too see if you opened it and did something on purpose. So, unless you leave no marks or proof (Like those seals) they won't be able to find it. But then again you are taking a risk. How is that extended warranty doing for you? I have until November to decide if I want to extend? Have you gotten your money back or is just for peace of mind?
I've only had my car for about a little over a month now but I do have the Elite warranty or what most people know by is called Bumper-to-bumper warranty. Mine covers 7yrs 100k. Like most people said on here, I believe it's really for peace of mind. Infiniti's reliability have really grown in the past few years and are up there with Hondas I would say. You can check it out with on Infiniti G Reliability. With that being said, even though it is rated one of the most reliable manufacturer out there doesn't mean that it's invincible either. Hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Warranty about to expire...? Need opinions!