TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Itb12-027 7at important update.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Djork

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Tvpostsound, did you get the 027C or 027D?

Anyone know the difference, obviously the 027D is the latest but I don't want to lose performance mentioned by G37X2009.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 AM
G37X2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update since my last testing...

I have reset the ECM several times after the initial testing. Some reset seem to help to clear the adaptive learning. Part of the problem is my northern VA & Washington DC commute in traffic. The adaptive learning learns bad behavior. There is no way around this, but to reset it often. However, the last pedal method reset did not take well...think the temps were too cold when done. So I had to do the battery cable removal method. This resets everything. This also has the advantage of resetting the TCM, but also clears the NAV system and phone entries, etc. Not a problem in my case. I had to reset the windows for automatic up along with other resets.

Boy, did it run great for a few days to a week, until the adaptive learning learned my stop and go commute. The dealer contacted the regional rep, an expert in the system. They explained there is nothing I can do. The updated ECM was designed to eliminate the REV matching in Automatic mode. Additionally, they spoke of the proportional torque converter, but did not explain fully why I had bleed off to the transmission or runaway RPM. They just said it was by design and also said the programming is for the masses and not the spirited driver. One of the goals is to increase gas mileage and the other is smoother (or mushy) driving behavior.

Boy, I am really sorry I asked for the upgrade. One consolation is Drive Sport (DS) mode. It retains the downshift REV matching (which I love), but keeps the RPM high and delays up-shifting, even when I reduce Accel pedal pressure. For example, I jump on it to get on the freeway in DS. The car reaches 60+ and I back off on the pedal. The RPM stays at 5 to 6 K for an agonizing period of time before up-shifting. One would think, the torque converter would up-shift instantly when the pressures are drastically reduced, but the system is waiting for the driver to jump on it again. It is design to stay over-REVed for a delayed period anticipating further acceleration.

Bottom line is neither Automatic nor DS suits my needs for shifting points.

one thing the dealer could not answer is whether the Adaptive Learning is resident in DS mode. The lead tech has wondered this for some time and trying to get an answer.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37X2009
Update since my last testing...

I have reset the ECM several times after the initial testing. Some reset seem to help to clear the adaptive learning. Part of the problem is my northern VA & Washington DC commute in traffic. The adaptive learning learns bad behavior. There is no way around this, but to reset it often. However, the last pedal method reset did not take well...think the temps were too cold when done. So I had to do the battery cable removal method. This resets everything. This also has the advantage of resetting the TCM, but also clears the NAV system and phone entries, etc. Not a problem in my case. I had to reset the windows for automatic up along with other resets.

Boy, did it run great for a few days to a week, until the adaptive learning learned my stop and go commute. The dealer contacted the regional rep, an expert in the system. They explained there is nothing I can do. The updated ECM was designed to eliminate the REV matching in Automatic mode. Additionally, they spoke of the proportional torque converter, but did not explain fully why I had bleed off to the transmission or runaway RPM. They just said it was by design and also said the programming is for the masses and not the spirited driver. One of the goals is to increase gas mileage and the other is smoother (or mushy) driving behavior.

Boy, I am really sorry I asked for the upgrade. One consolation is Drive Sport (DS) mode. It retains the downshift REV matching (which I love), but keeps the RPM high and delays up-shifting, even when I reduce Accel pedal pressure. For example, I jump on it to get on the freeway in DS. The car reaches 60+ and I back off on the pedal. The RPM stays at 5 to 6 K for an agonizing period of time before up-shifting. One would think, the torque converter would up-shift instantly when the pressures are drastically reduced, but the system is waiting for the driver to jump on it again. It is design to stay over-REVed for a delayed period anticipating further acceleration.

Bottom line is neither Automatic nor DS suits my needs for shifting points.

one thing the dealer could not answer is whether the Adaptive Learning is resident in DS mode. The lead tech has wondered this for some time and trying to get an answer.
I am experiencing the same thing after my update back in December...I am experiencing that mushy feeling and lazy shifts as well as the higher revving but not accelerating as quickly as before; it feels like the transmission is slipping.
A couple of times after slowing down and then getting back on the accelerator aggressively the engine revved to about 4,000 rpm like it wasn't in any gear and then slammed into gear so hard it felt like I was rear ended.
Of course it won't do that when the dealer has it...they did tell me if I have more problems like that again they can hook up a recording device that can be activated whenever it does odd things. They say they used this before with other customers. They said when there is an issue you can turn it on and it will record data from the ecu...it will actually go back a certain amount of time to capture data from the incident.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
unknown2k1
Registered Member

I'm SOO confused here...
So last week, I went to a different dealer to ask about the new update. Remind you – I received the ITB10-075 update before and there answer was same. NO CAN DO since I had the previous update.

Seriously? What Can I Do To Get The NEW 1TB12-027 Update?
Can someone please help me or explain this to me please!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
Thats a bunch of BS if there is a new update they should install it!!!
take it to a different dealer of bug the dealer to install it!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:08 AM
cyberBeach

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My understanding - I think from reading somewhere here in these forums - and also from experience and observation driving:

DS deliberately simulates a certain sloppiness that is part of manual shifting. IOW, it deliberately does not perfectly rev match and so it produces those engine rev spikes that sound great - not kidding here - and that could potentially be eliminated by a perfect computer-driven shift.

I like it when I hear it, because it's kind of funny, emulating the way pushing down the clutch pedal without getting off the gas fast enough causes a manual to rev up, to produce that little thrill of memory of that sound, in an automatic.

I wouldn't want an update that kills this. If you put it back in D, then it shifts smoothly but a lot less fun...
The following users liked this post:
alanz (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 AM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I put in DS mode most of time when drive locally, so far I haven't notice a strange behavior on my 2012 X sedan. It worked out flawlessly when I drove on some fierce NYC roads. DS mode revs RPM high on purpose when you brake suddenly which causes dramatic speed drop, it gives the car more power to anticipate your next move like lane change or let you get out of the way more quickly besides additional engine braking. This is more useful than it maintains high rev for short period of time when you do a quick push then back off(delay up-shifting), but it's the same concept as downshift rev match. IMO it really keeps me safe when driving in the crowd. I do not want these features to go away for DS mode.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Muujig612

Hey guys!

I have a 2011 g37x. Does it have that update or do I have to get it for my car? a bit confused.

Also the 7-speed auto, does it have a torque converter? Cause, I thought g37x tranny was like a manual with dual clutches and no torque converter
Old 09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
We need an update for the '13 that shifts up way too early.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
We need an update for the '13 that shifts up way too early.
STOP driving in D, LOL manual mode FTW
Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Am I right in noting that most of you having problems are X owners? While I despise the 7AT, it's what I have. It sure likes to hold a gear until reaching idle RPM, FORCING me to use the paddles to get to a proper gear for turns. I can't stand the delay between pressing the gas pedal and the late gear change. My '02 Dodge Dakota shifts better in normal driving. I guess my inclination for trail-braking isn't helping the situation.

If the TSB update cures that, I won't much mind the change in rev-matching. I really should have waited the three months it would have taken to custom-order the 6MT in a sedan.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 PM
conquistador
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Should we reset the ECU after the TSB update??
Old 10-27-2014, 05:16 PM
luiscar93

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Am I right in noting that most of you having problems are X owners? While I despise the 7AT, it's what I have. It sure likes to hold a gear until reaching idle RPM, FORCING me to use the paddles to get to a proper gear for turns. I can't stand the delay between pressing the gas pedal and the late gear change. My '02 Dodge Dakota shifts better in normal driving. I guess my inclination for trail-braking isn't helping the situation.

If the TSB update cures that, I won't much mind the change in rev-matching. I really should have waited the three months it would have taken to custom-order the 6MT in a sedan.

Trust me it's not only awd models im going through the same bs with a rwd! I got this car about a month ago. First week the car was running excellent now it's sluggish... I went to the dealership and had the ecm updated. Car ran excellent for about a week and went back to acting up. I've noticed when I reset the ecu the car drives excellent for a few days and then starts acting up. It's feels sluggish as if something is holding it back, the car feels heavy, doesn't matter how hard I stomp it doesn't feel the same or how it felt when I first got the car. Sometimes if I'm cruising around 40 and I try to accelerate it feels mushy as if the car is choking. Anyways I own a 2012 g37s with 21,000 miles and I set up an appointment at the dealership for tomorrow haha wish me luck!

Last edited by luiscar93; 10-27-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM
BaapsG37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please let us know how it goes...
Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Can a dealer check the VIN to see if either of these have been performed on the car? I bought my 2011 X used.

Quick Reply: Itb12-027 7at important update.