TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

ITB12-027 7AT Fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:06 AM
stiizy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually just got this done on Xmas Eve and it feels like a completely different car now. I'm very pleased with my car now.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
pheonix75

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got mine done 1-2-14...definitely smoother in regular mode now...no more rev matching when slowing down. Haven't had a chance to test out sport mode yet. Snuck it in right b4 I hit my 60,000 mark.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I'll probably get the reflash done when I'm at the dealer getting fluid changed on the 7AT in the next few weeks. Most of my issues with the 7AT have been at speeds of 30-40 mph and trying to accelerate and it's choosing and holding 4th gear (even with moderate throttle position) when maybe it should be in 3rd.

I've considered the GTM valve body upgrade (it's docile at lower speeds but shifts hard when you get on it) and an UpRev tune but it'll have to wait until I go out of town in August and can leave the car with my local shop while I'm gone and have it shipped it to GTM.

That should pretty much clear up any throttle lag and 7AT shift issues once and for all. I know that most here don't go with that option but I debate it back and forth because I'm planning to keep the car for a long time and I've slowly been replacing factory consumable parts like shocks/struts, pads and rotors with better quality aftermarket stuff.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM
jnslprd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello all,
This is my first post after lurking for a few months. I just bought a 2010 x sedan this week and want to find out if anyone has had this update done in Long Island NY? I would love to bring it somewhere where they know about this update and just do it correctly the first time without any runaround.

Also looking for any positive feedback as to where to bring the car for service in the future, it was purchased in NJ so I need to pick a dealership in NY to maintain my car.

Sorry for the long read, just excited with my new toy.

Thanks, Joe
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
motoSTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really appreciated the information on this thread. I have a 2009 G37x and had worried about some of the odd things the transmission did (all described in this bulletin). I called the dealer today and the service manager knew exactly what i was talking about. Made an appointment for next week, hopefully I'll have the same positive results everyone here seems to have had.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:24 PM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I went to the dealer to get mine done.

They said a few customers were unhappy because the car seemed to lose its "sportyness" after, I trust the adviser since I have known him for a while.

Plus they wanted to charge me $200..no thanks

I am getting a uprev tune anyways so hopefully that will fix the lag.

Last edited by malady; 02-26-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
lcottet7

does this apply to 2013 g37 coupes ? i bought one last august
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 PM
FloydG89

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Hello all,
This is my first post after lurking for a few months. I just bought a 2010 x sedan this week and want to find out if anyone has had this update done in Long Island NY? I would love to bring it somewhere where they know about this update and just do it correctly the first time without any runaround.

Also looking for any positive feedback as to where to bring the car for service in the future, it was purchased in NJ so I need to pick a dealership in NY to maintain my car.

Sorry for the long read, just excited with my new toy.

Thanks, Joe
Hey i had the same issues and i brought mine to Infiniti of Manhassett. Had no problems with them, they knew what was talking about and handled it..No problems since then for me..And their waiting room is nice enough to distract you from the wait you might have.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM
ATL_G
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I did it

I just got the flash done on my 2011 Journey sedan. I had every symptom mentioned in the TSB and was somewhat skeptical. However, I just drove it home, and it was noticeably more responsive and smoother. All shifts were much smoother and only 3-4 was a bit harsher than the rest. Also, manual mode was night and day. Just the day before, I was using it in slow traffic and the hesitation and harshness of the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts were all but gone. It also didn't feel any less sporty like some others have noted. On the way home I drove it slow, fast, hard accelerations, hard braking and the transmissions was better in every way. Its only been one drive, so I will report back later should things change or feel different once I put more miles on it. I think I'll spring for those paddle shifters now.

If you are in Atlanta, I got mine done at Nalley Infiniti in Marietta while getting a oil change. The tech said people always had transmission complaints, but they rarely performed the flash. He was kinda surprised they flashed mine.

Thanks to everyone for there contributions to this thread!!!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 PM
peterso2
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will the dealers continue to provide this update to older vehicles? I recently purchased a 2010 G37X with 55k on it and I get jerking when braking and lagging when I punch it (1-2 second delays).

After reading some of the responses here, it sounds like a temporary patch as the vehicle returns to its old form at some point. I'm waiting for a call back from Infiniti as all their Master Tech's have gone home for the day.

Just wondering from the mixed reviews if I should get the update or not?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Drew89

So happy I found this thread! I recently purchased a used 2011 Infiniti G37x and had been noticing the hard downshifts and lag in acceleration outlined in the bulletin. I took the car into the dealership and mentioned the bulletin number outlined in the post and they took care of it for me. I have been very happy so far with the results. Everything seems to be fixed. I would recommend this to anyone who is having any of those issues, also as the car was under 60k miles this fell under warranty and I paid nothing to have it fixed. Anyone in the Twin Cities that is looking to have this done I went to Luther Infiniti in Bloomington, they were great, hooked me up with a loaner so I didn't have to sit around and wait.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 PM
NetNinja

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OOH! glad I saw this thread. I am experiencing this now. I just made my Appt. for Monday Morning.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Is there any way to check if this has been applied by looking at VIN?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:57 PM
mario620

does this update apply to model years 2012 - 2013?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Matt1118

I have a 2013 G37s Coupe and was having the same issues. Kearny Mesa Infiniti of San Diego updated both the transmission and engine programming

Quick Reply: ITB12-027 7AT Fix