TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Battery Problem Solved?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 AM
TommyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TViddy
My car was in the shop from Saturday to THursday due to lack of parts (BCM). Had an EX loaner which wasnt too bad. Beshoff Infiniti in San Jose really took care of me.
Same story here. The lack of parts has held up the BCM install at my dealer as well. Dropped the car off wed and they're expecting the parts by next mon or tue. It's ok, I got an '09 g37x sedan as a loaner and been enjoying driving it
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
TommyG37S

Anyone know where this BCM is located exactly? Is it underneath the car somewhere? I hope they don't have to go in and mess with my Injens
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BCM is located in the passengers side foot well. Behind the kick plates. If they do mess with your Injens you need to go and kick some *** in there.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
So I made an appointment for Sat the 27th about this problem, hopefully they will have a solution. I told them I had to jump my battery twice. The tech (Devin at Glendale Infiniti) says he's heard of this issue. I'm keeping my finger crossed, hopefully they upgrade my battery.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
mishmosh

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Are the BCM and Vent Control Valve items that are causing the battery drain or are they just TSBs that the dealer is doing just because they get compensated and you get the updated parts? Could it be that the stock infiniti battery just just weak?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still have yet to get a TSB posted on here. If anyone is going to get it applied, can they post at least the number??? Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
mishmosh

ITB10-010 January 20, 2010
If you confirm:
An applied vehicle has a battery low voltage or no start condition due to specific customer use pattern.

Parts: BCM (many listed), vent control valve (if needed), battery (if needed)
Flow chart included. May also involve ECM reprogramming.

Register with Infinitihelp.com. You can view 2 TSBs per day in pdf form. they are all there.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Sivle

my car had this issue for the past few months and the dealer couldn't figure it out...then it happen again where the car would not start....brought it in since I had to get an oil change and told them about the emissions valve vent malfunctioning...sure enough...they told me it was on their bulletin as an issue....got my car the next day and it definitely starts a lot quicker then before....save myself buying a battery....
Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
ITB10-010 January 20, 2010
If you confirm:
An applied vehicle has a battery low voltage or no start condition due to specific customer use pattern.

Parts: BCM (many listed), vent control valve (if needed), battery (if needed)
Flow chart included. May also involve ECM reprogramming.

Register with Infinitihelp.com. You can view 2 TSBs per day in pdf form. they are all there.
Thanks boss!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well had the TSB performed due to many dead batteries last week, and guess what, car sat for 48 hours and the battery was dead. Does the TSB involve replace the bcm AND the vcv? Or is it the same thing? The reason I ask is that I only remember the service advisor stating that they replaced the BCM, and reprogrammed the ECU. No mention of VCV. The line on the work order only said performed so and so TSB. I am taking it again on Monday, I will ask about the VCV I guess.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok so I went in today and I asked them what they specifically did during the "TSB" service. All of a sudden now the service advisor says that only the VCV was changed and NOT the BCM, neither was the M spec battery installed. This is after she repeatedly told me during the last visit that they changed the BCM and reprogrammed the ECU. Supposedly just changing the VCV has fixed the problem for many people...well I guess I am not among the lucky ones. The BCM is on back order so gotta wait till the month end.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:17 AM
kazu-kun

Hi, I just had this problem after coming back from an oversea trip (gone for 2 and a half weeks). Car won't even start after jump start. Sent to a dealership and they were nice enough to give me a loaner over the weekend because they need ok from the Infiniti HQ on the East Coast and got it back today. They even replace the battery for free. (The oil change was not, however )
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
mishmosh

Originally Posted by tomcatm
Ok so I went in today and I asked them what they specifically did during the "TSB" service. All of a sudden now the service advisor says that only the VCV was changed and NOT the BCM, neither was the M spec battery installed. This is after she repeatedly told me during the last visit that they changed the BCM and reprogrammed the ECU. Supposedly just changing the VCV has fixed the problem for many people...well I guess I am not among the lucky ones. The BCM is on back order so gotta wait till the month end.
If you car drains quickly, like in 2 days, it is likely your battery is shot (from all the repeated power drains) or the BCM is the main issue. From what I gather, the VCV drains power slowly...more like a week and doesn't appear to affect everyone. The VCV is a major TSB affecting all Nissan's and Infiniti's that use it, for any reason. Unfortunately, my dealer took one look at my powered sub and they wouldn't touch the TSB. Given that you already went to the dealer once and something doesn't jive, i STRONGLY encourage you to call corporate to complain to explain what happened.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Team Punisher

Hey guys.. So i go out to start my car and its dead, now this is like the 3rd time but since i'm gone for weeks at a time i didn't think much of it. Thought maybe i left something on.. but after the 3rd time i knew it wasn't me so i called INFIN. and asked if there was a bulletin or any thing going on with our <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>cars</NOBR>. So he tells me there a bulletin but that he's not totally familiar with whats going on to bring it in and they will take care of it. Get a call 2 days later that they will be replacing my battery/BCM/and a couple of other things, can't remember WTF they were. But it SUCKS because my ecu flash will be gone right?? because they have to reprogram the ECU $595 down the drain .<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by Team Punisher; 03-12-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am in the same boat. I am hoping that they will just update the area in the CPU that needs to be fixed and not the whole thing. Kind of like Windows updates, but not reinstalling. I wasn't sure how to ask the dealer so I called Technosquare who did mine and he didn't know what to say. See if you can go back to place that did yours and ask them to take it out and store it, them reinstall it. Hopefully cheaper price.

Quick Reply: Battery Problem Solved?