TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Battery Problem Solved?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
No TSB's on this issue??
Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
There is a TSB I jost don't think anyone has the PDF file for it yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 PM
srq123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my first post. came to the site looking for information on the battery drain issue and I found a lot of information-thanks. I have an 09 coupe. The dealer said the battery was fine and was reluctant discussing known issues with the battery draining. The courtesy driver provided more information saying he heard it was a relay issue or something to do with the emissions control. After charging the battery the service manager said have the vehicle towed in next time. This makes no logical sense to me other than the somehow the dealer is working the warranty. Please post the TSB if you find it.
thanks again
Old 01-25-2010, 10:34 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I went to the dealership to get my battery issue "checked." Next thing you know, they replaced my battery and charged me $60 for the replacement 50% prorated. After sitting there for 2 hours, I didn't want to bother with arguing how they did it without my consent, so I just left with the new battery. I hope this resolves the issue. Argh, dealerships...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did they use vaseline becuase you just got effed?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Did they use vaseline becuase you just got effed?
Hahaha, oh well. If the battery dies again, at least I know I'm covered by a better warranty and I'll make sure they replace the valve assembly. I asked them about it but he said since this has only happened to your car once, it's probably not the issue. I'm hoping the battery dies within a year so I can go back and give him the "I told you so" deal.

On a brighter note, at least my engine starts are much more crisp (for now).
Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 AM
tjlskyline

I'm having the same issue, had the battery replaced at tires plus cause I know the manager now it's still dying. Will I have any warranty issues with bb grounding kit on there when I take it to the Infiniti dealer now?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

You shouldnt but you never know. It varies from dealer to dealer.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just as an update to this... I had my battery replaced about 2 months ago under warranty for free. Took a ride to the gas station to fill up Friday night, shut the car off, filled up, and bam dead battery. Had to use a jump pack to get it going. Called the dealer on Sat, there is a new tsb for this and it requires replacing the BCM (body control module). They need your VIN for the warranty part as the BCM's are VIN specific. They are ordering a new BCM on Monday, and I have an appointment on Tuesday for the swap.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
TViddy

Just took my car in on Saturday for this. They are replacing the BCM as well as replacing the OEM battery with a larger one. What is apparently happening is that when you shut your car off, the car is continually doing some emissions testing that drains the battery. The new BCM they say should help.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
xPJx
Banned

Do you know the ITB number for this?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM
akfox37

any updates on the new BCM?

similar story here, dead battery last night (2nd time in less than a month), couldn't jump it this time and got it towed to the dealer. told me the bcm was faulty and they could get one ordered by friday.

just wondering if any of you who have had the bcm replaced feel like it is actually the right fix?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 AM
TommyG37S

Had to jump and take my G in this morning to the dealer again after the battery died for the 4th time. The last time I went they just charged it and blamed it on me leaving my radar detector plugged in, which I knew wasnt the issue. After reading this post, I copied down the part# and TSB info for the BCM and wouldn't leave until they agreed to perform the service. Better yet, got a loaner car and getting the parts overnighted. Just felt like they were giving me the runaround which was kind of disappointing. Glad I surf these forums, otherwise I'd still be clueless to why the damn battery kept dying
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

^^Yep there is allot of that going on.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
TViddy

Originally Posted by akfox37
any updates on the new BCM?

similar story here, dead battery last night (2nd time in less than a month), couldn't jump it this time and got it towed to the dealer. told me the bcm was faulty and they could get one ordered by friday.

just wondering if any of you who have had the bcm replaced feel like it is actually the right fix?
I had mine done last week. They replaced the BCM, some type of emissions valve and they replaced the battery with a bigger one ( I think its from the M series). My car was in the shop from Saturday to THursday due to lack of parts (BCM). Had an EX loaner which wasnt too bad. Beshoff Infiniti in San Jose really took care of me. They also took care of a weak window motor because sometimes my window would roll a quarter way down after I rolled it up automatically.

Anyways, to answer your question, its only been 7 days and so far my car hasnt had any starting problems. Before it would have trouble turning over but now it starts up strong.

Quick Reply: Battery Problem Solved?