The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

M37 7speed transmission reprogram...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GSpot37, I'm at the same crossroad as you were. 2010 G37X (you know me - Almatti - on the 7AT issues in the G forum), lease is approaching the end ( 6months to go). Dealer called me to say "they would be able to waive the last 6 months of the lease, provided I take new Infiniti from them". Spoke to other dealers, Infiniti Financial offering 3 Months early termination.

Anyway, I'm faced with the dilemma of Movin' On Up to the 20103 M37X (i f i can make the right deal), but FEAR the 7AT. I've read here and on Edmunds' forums that M owners (yes even, 2013s) are seeing the lagging and unevenness (quirky I like to call it) of the Infiniti 7AT. If you post any additional feedback or IM me about more current status of your experiences so far - that would be great. I test drove the M37X and didn't feel the G37 characteristics that have been discussed at nausea. From the few posts here, not too may complainers. Is there another M forum ? THX and Good Luck with your M37 !!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I have a new 2012 M37x .... I don't feel any odd transmission issues. I would not fear the 7AT .... the new M's are a wonderful car!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:08 PM
G_Spot_37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Almatti
GSpot37, I'm at the same crossroad as you were. 2010 G37X (you know me - Almatti - on the 7AT issues in the G forum), lease is approaching the end ( 6months to go). Dealer called me to say "they would be able to waive the last 6 months of the lease, provided I take new Infiniti from them". Spoke to other dealers, Infiniti Financial offering 3 Months early termination.

Anyway, I'm faced with the dilemma of Movin' On Up to the 20103 M37X (i f i can make the right deal), but FEAR the 7AT. I've read here and on Edmunds' forums that M owners (yes even, 2013s) are seeing the lagging and unevenness (quirky I like to call it) of the Infiniti 7AT. If you post any additional feedback or IM me about more current status of your experiences so far - that would be great. I test drove the M37X and didn't feel the G37 characteristics that have been discussed at nausea. From the few posts here, not too may complainers. Is there another M forum ? THX and Good Luck with your M37 !!!
Hi Almatti, it's been quite some time since this post. How's your M? After a year and a half of the lag problems and six trips to the dealer for various reasons (malfunctioning sensors, broken steering wheel column, constant transmission re-calibration to get rid of the lag and hesitation), I finally sold my 2013 M. The only reason why it was hard for me is that the car is beautiful...but I need to drive. I picked up a 2011 CPO BMW 335IS with only 7K miles on it for a VERY reasonable price. It's a coupe and since you used to have a G37, you may find it interesting. I found in this car everything I didn't find in my G (I used to have it before the M but it was simply horrible with the 7AT). I used to think that people buy Bimmers for the badge...after having this car for a month, I completely changed my mind - these 3 series Bimmers are really the best. No more Infiniti...nothing is nicer than having all that 332 lbs of torque available at 1500 rpms and DCT transmission that rips through the gears lightning fast Hope your M is holding up better than mine!!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi G_Spot_37, My M37X is good. I have experienced some slight lagging, but not as bad as my 2010 G37X. I find that I switch drive modes : Sport and Standard and that seems to 'trick' the system's Driver Adaptive Control. I had the car in for a brake line that needed to be changed (I thought the feel of the pedal was a bit too mushy). At first they adjusted a brake switch (at Greenwich Infiniti). No real difference. Then I brought it to Pepe (my previous dealer for the 2 Gs that I had), they diagnosed that a brake booster line had to be replaced under warranty. It was there for 2 weeks. When I picked 'er picked up, the Service Tech told me that they "tweaked" the ECU ?TCM with upgrades.... It was never spelled out to me. I really "like" the M37X, but would really LOVE it, if it had the Audi 8AT. When I was shopping to replace my 2010 G37X, I drove a number of cars (new Lincoln MKZ, CPO Bimmers 5 series, new Audi A6s, the M of course). If money was less of an object particularly as a DD for 80 miles a day, the Audi A-6 was THE CAR....Their 8A was superlative, the super charged v-6 was powerful and no lag. At least on the test drive...Remember, all these cars today have some form of the Adaptive Driver Control as described by Infiniti.

Good Luck with the BMW 5 series. It's a beautiful sporty car. They are all over the place for a reason....
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 AM
gatchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wideopn11
How do know if the update has been applied? I just got my 2012 M37x a month ago. Is it a free update from the dealer?

I'll resurrect this one from the grave. I recently picked up a 2011 M37x, and am also interested in knowing how I can tell if this update has been applied. Also, since the car is no longer under warranty, do we think that Infiniti will do this free of charge? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 AM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by gatchek
I'll resurrect this one from the grave. I recently picked up a 2011 M37x, and am also interested in knowing how I can tell if this update has been applied. Also, since the car is no longer under warranty, do we think that Infiniti will do this free of charge? Thanks!
How many miles are on the car? You should still be under warranty.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM
gatchek

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
How many miles are on the car? You should still be under warranty.
It has 57K miles on it. I didn't think it was still under warranty. What kind of Manufacturers warranty did these cars come with?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:25 PM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by gatchek
It has 57K miles on it. I didn't think it was still under warranty. What kind of Manufacturers warranty did these cars come with?
It's in the manual but it's 4years/60K .. take it in asap
Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM
gatchek

It's in the manual but it's 4years/60K .. take it in asap
Is that warranty for the car, or for the owner? Because I am the 2nd owner. I know sometimes that initial warranty doesn't apply to a second owner.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
2008G-Man

car ... can be 20 owners. Don't you have the owners and warranty manual?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
gatchek

car ... can be 20 owners. Don't you have the owners and warranty manual?
I do have the owners manual... not sure about the warranty manual.. I'll have to check.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by Timfsothy
Is it a free update from the dealer?
My guess is the stance a dealer will take is it will be free if the car is under warranty but they will try and charge you if it's not under warranty.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 PM
gatchek

Just confirmed that the car is still under warranty up to 60K... like mentioned above. The dealership said to bring it in and I can take a ride with a technician to show him what "its doing."

Here's my problem. This is my first AT in over 10 years... so everything is different for me... so I don't know whats "normal." My thinking is that if Infiniti put out an update, then I want it!! I shouldn't have to justify myself. Obviously, if they updated the firmware for the AT, then it was for a reason. What would/did you guys say to the technician?
Old 04-20-2014, 02:26 AM
stm37s

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
well, if there's an update then there's a reason, some models having the same problem before it leads to something terrible, I say take them along for the ride and show them or have them listen to what you are hearing, couldn't hurt and it's still under warranty, hope this help man, some other bruh's will chime in again on this matter, just my 2c, lol
Old 05-10-2014, 08:13 PM
gatchek

Just got my flash done at the dealership. The biggest thing I noticed is that the car would brake itself pretty hard by downshifting when coasting to a stop. This was one thing that I really didn't like. When I had a standard, I would always shift into neutral and let the brakes do the stopping. I think that when you downshift, you waste a lot of gas over time.

It seems like the harsh downshifting has gone down.... but I've only driven it for a little while. I'll report back when I've driven it more. Again... if Infiniti has paid their engineers to take the time to build a new program for the transmission, it obviously does something better for the transmission. They do the best they can to make it perfect when the car first goes on sale, but you can only test the car so much. Once hundreds of thousands of people start driving the car, you get 100X more feedback. This happens for tons of products.

Quick Reply: M37 7speed transmission reprogram...