Build Threads

The Evolution of Cyrus

Old 07-20-2017, 07:54 PM
j50ny
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 140 Posts
So, a bit of an update...I'm still in the EX. I test drove the hatch that I was considering (Focus RS) and although the ride was exhilarating, the lack of rear seat legroom was a bit of a downer. However, that wasn't what completely deterred me. After doing a ton of research, I found that the catastrophic engine failure "problem" is pretty common. While most owners tried to combat the issue with Ford before their head gasket failed, those whose engines blew were left without a car for months while Ford got "new" replacement motors. By new, I clearly mean rebuilt. In a nutshell, I'm not spending $40k on a hot hatch and then keep my fingers crossed that I won't be stranded somewhere at any time. AND THEN....without the car that I spent all that money on for months.

NO THANKS, I'LL PASS

As for the EX35...
I'm downsizing my collection because I need the money to help with medical expenses. Trust and believe, I will be doing something to this car, but it won't be until I'm done with the medical bills. Priorities, smh!!!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:50 AM
louith
Registered Member

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts
well thats a bit of a downer. as awesome as RS's are, i cant believe they dont have a fix for the issues they are having. Good luck on the hunt Gayle! hope you get something if you are still looking
Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 AM
j50ny
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by louith
well thats a bit of a downer. as awesome as RS's are, i cant believe they dont have a fix for the issues they are having. Good luck on the hunt Gayle! hope you get something if you are still looking
They say the majority of the issues were with 2016's, but I don't believe that. Not taking the chance.

Still eyeing the car we spoke about. Tempted to go and test drive it. It would make road trips way more appealing!! Lol