SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

New to North Carolina!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM
abice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New to North Carolina!!

Hey guys I'm not a newbie on here I've been registered on here for the last four years that I have owned my G37. But I am going to be moving to the Raleigh, NC area and I am assuming that there is a much bigger community there than in Syracuse, NY which is where I'm leaving. So I'm just trying to find some new friends in the area.

I should be all moved in my new place by the beginning of March. I look forward to attending any meets or events that are close by and I can't wait to meet more people that own Infinitis because I seriously only know 1 person with a G37.

Look forward to seeing all the G's in the new city!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
LiqPlatG37

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn't much of a g37 community in Raleigh. I only know one other person with a g37 but haven't seen him in a while, but hit me up on here and we can meetup, i've been busy with my g37
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 AM
abice

Haha that's already I guess I'm used to not really having a car community up north but I'll keep in touch, I actually just moved in to my new house in clayton on friday so I'm still getting associated with everything
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, I am a few hours west of you in Tennessee. I have a friend that just moved to Asheboro NC which is in the moddle of nowhere about an hour southwest of you.

I may be out that way occasionally.

David
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM
LiqPlatG37

Cool, I'm not too far, i live in fuquay varina, so about 30min or so from clayton, but I'm up in Raleigh all the time. Also on friday nights there is a meetup on jones franklin rd at the sonic, i work nights so I never have a chance to make it out there, but once it warms up, 50-75 cars come out
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Charlotte has a good scene. Welcome to NC!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 PM
abice

I will definitely have to get out more once it gets warmer, I've been driving around a lot, I feel like the distances are longer but the amount of time doesn't change because the highways and roads have higher speed limits and the traffic moves around better which I like, I took a drive up to the Raleigh Durham airport and the drive said it was supposed to be about 50 minutes but it literally felt like 30 minutes.

We were looking at houses in fuquay varina we almost moved there or Garner, but we got approved for the house here in clayton so with the time constraint we had we chose to rent this one just to get down here, we been planning on moving here for like the last two years I so glad we finally made it here there is so much to discover I feel
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
abice

Well I just killed my first Black Widow... this **** is just nuts, I'm like freaking out with these spiders, I just killed a big wolf spider the other day too
Old 04-06-2013, 12:30 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Get you a bottle of "Spider Away" and some Spider traps. Place them strategically in the garage. Tends to work for me... just watch out for the Brown Recluse spiders...

Really no need to freak out over them though. Keep areas near your house treated and free of wood/ debris and you are good.

We used to have a Triangle G club that we were trying to make as a subgroup of Triangle Z (which is still around) but interest waned over time.
nevertheless the Z guys will still welcome G owners

http://www.trianglezclub.com/
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 PM
abice

I sprayed Home Defense around the house, it has seemed to work pretty well. believe me I keep the shovel handy in case. I will definitely join the club, but can I participate in the forum before I join the membership?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 AM
LiqPlatG37

I just joined their FB Page a few days ago, there arent many G owners but i'll get involved pretty soon
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM
abice

I mean that's okay with me I like z's sometimes more than G's. the 370s are sick I really like the way they sit. And hey we could always be the couple of G's that tag a long with the group.

I've been to fuquay a lot lately, I actually really like it out that way. I went to that sonic on jones franklin too, not for the cars just for lunch one day. But I like the town of fuquay, I usually take hwy 42 if I go over that way. I mean its a nice little drive from clayton but its really not bad. I wish we had rented a house closer that way I think its just a little bit closer to raleigh. And I think it would be easier to get into raleigh or cary other than taking 440 and 40 at rush hour because that is just nuts I refuse to do that I take 70 Business through downtown and then either go on glenwood to go to cary or take wake forest rd to north raleigh.

i will actually be working in Morrisville though so maybe you will see me cutting through tryon rd and davis dr
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Hey Abice! Welcome to the south Import Alliance is coming up this Sunday April 21st in Atlanta and Zdayz may 19th to 21st (zdayz.com for more info) at tail of the dragon. (18th if you go to the top dog event).
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
abice

Hey Cereal what was the other one that everyone was going to come down to atlanta for? I thought there was one show that was at one of the shops down in atlanta and then everyone headed out to road atlanta or atlanta motor speedway. I'm not sure I just remember there was a big cruise that was supposed to take place from canada down the east coast and it never really happened we all kind of backed out.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:59 PM
juan goose
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
any meets coming up anytime soon. have had my g for about 6 months and im interested in meeting some others to talk and chill with. i can make drives.

Quick Reply: New to North Carolina!!