South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Any Oklahoma G owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
i'm still around every now and then. Made it out to C&C a few months ago. What's your G look like? Are you a student? There's several different guys at UCO (not all G's).
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 PM
WhiteG_

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't been to c&c yet with my g. Just got the G in march and been busy. I graduated from uco a few years ago, still live in Edmond. I have a Moonlight White G, waiting on my wheels to come in and waiting on my FI RHFCs to come in. Where did you get your uprev done? I was thinking about making the trip down to Austin this summer when I get a FI CBE.

That's 3 of us, anymore around here? I'd like to check out both of your G's, by your sig wakeboardr your G sounds sick.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
jayrdong

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to cruise around too!

I'm installing my Eibach Pro Kit springs this Saturday, my new rear diffuser, splash guards, and Aero side sills. Once I get that done, I'll post some pics! Who else is around?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM
WhiteG_

Damn, you got a nice little Saturday planned :P

My wheels come in next week, black gloss vinyl comes in today for my window sills, and my FI rHFC will be coming sometime.

We should at least try to get together at the next c&c, then we can get a cruise scheduled.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM
jayrdong

I'm a noob when it comes to car meets, haven't been to one since 2009. When is the c&c meet?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
WhiteG_

here is the link

Coffee and Cars OKC
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM
BL1024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteG_
OK, well there's 2 of us. Anyone else interested? BL you ever go to coffee and cars?
Yeah I've gone a few times! I try to go to everyone though, at least just cruise through
Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 AM
WhiteG_

BL, just saw a pic of your G on the other thread. Nice! Im surprised I've never seen you around Edmond. You must be on the West side? I'm over here around Memorial & Bryant.

I saw you had blacked out your window trim, I just got done doing that last night, holy hell my fingernails hurt incredibly bad! Looks good though! I may redo a couple of my bottom trim pieces, only because im OCD and there are 2 tiny imperfections. Did you do yours yourself?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 PM
BL1024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BL, just saw a pic of your G on the other thread. Nice! Im surprised I've never seen you around Edmond. You must be on the West side? I'm over here around Memorial & Bryant.

I saw you had blacked out your window trim, I just got done doing that last night, holy hell my fingernails hurt incredibly bad! Looks good though! I may redo a couple of my bottom trim pieces, only because im OCD and there are 2 tiny imperfections. Did you do yours yourself?
It was actually already like that when I brought it surprisingly so I didn't have to do anything! I'm over by 150th and Western, but I'll be over toward you more since I start working at Carmax soon!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
WhiteG_

I think I am going to have to have someone re-wrap my window trim, lol. I suck at it apparently. I followed the DIY, just tons of little miniscule areas where you can see the chrome. You'll have to tell me how crappy it looks at the c&c. Thought I could get away with wrapping myself, I think I was wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you have a sedan? The coupes don't have chrome window trim.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
WhiteG_

Yea, I have a sedan.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
jayrdong

dropped on eibach pro kit, best choice ever
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
WhiteG_

how long did it take you? I want to ride in it to see how much the ride depreciated.. I really want to lower my ride for the look, but don't want to sacrifice ride quality, cause I am in the car ALOT. Thinking about importing some IMPUL springs, .75" front drop and .25" rear drop.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM
jayrdong

how long did it take you? I want to ride in it to see how much the ride depreciated.. I really want to lower my ride for the look, but don't want to sacrifice ride quality, cause I am in the car ALOT. Thinking about importing some IMPUL springs, .75" front drop and .25" rear drop.

The drop took me 4.5 hours but only because we ran into hiccups (the last time I dropped a car was back in 2008, so it was rusty), but the actual drop should have only taken about 2-3 hours max, but I went really slow and made sure the springs lined up perfectly. Power tools also helped a lot

honestly, i don't feel like my ride depreciated at all. before i bought the springs, i did a lot of research and read that the Tanabe NF and the eibach pro kit springs had close to the same spring rate as the stock springs, which is what is desireable to maintaining the stock quality ride. It's supposedly within 5% of the original spring rate. I feel like if you get IMPUL, it would be a waste of money because the drop wouldn't really be enough to make any type of difference, but that's my opinion.

There's no weird noise, but the ONE thing I did notice was that my body roll decreased substantially. Before I bought the G37, I had a tC that was pretty modded out with improved suspension and it handled amazingly. I didn't like the body roll on the G37, but now it's better.

Quick Reply: Any Oklahoma G owners out there?