Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

Thunderdome?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:21 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
I hate the idea, and I hate everything you post!!! (Do we get to have a Thunderdome about the Thunderdome proposal?!?)

Haha J/K! I think it's a really fun idea. If we're worried about how inappropriate it will get, the best way to find out is to put it to use! Put it out there and iterate quickly!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
I hate the idea, and I hate everything you post!!! (Do we get to have a Thunderdome about the Thunderdome proposal?!?)

Haha J/K! I think it's a really fun idea. If we're worried about how inappropriate it will get, the best way to find out is to put it to use! Put it out there and iterate quickly!
The best way to solve this is to put it in its own thread in OT and title the whole thread as NSFW. It's almost a requirement.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The more I actually think about it, the worse it sounds. But thanks everyone for the input. The idea of a forum to let people spar it out is probably better, but frankly would very likely call for a lot more moderation work to control it so I'm not loving that.

I guess good old fashion banning for unrepentant a-holes who refuse to play nice with others or respect the forum will work as good as it ever has.

Last edited by Black Betty; 11-27-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
It's cool double B, we all realize you were just needing to vent. Your personal brand of venting is always entertaining and funny, so we all enjoy reading it.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
The more I actually think about it, the worse it sounds. But thanks everyone for the input. The idea of a forum to let people spar it out is probably better, but frankly would very likely call for a lot more moderation work to control it so I'm not loving that.

I guess good old fashion banning for unrepentant a-holes who refuse to play nice with others or respect the forum will work as good as it ever has.
Banning is probably the quickest and easiest solution; but as a suggestion, to add some good ol shame to the banning, create a "Wall of shame" stickie and list all those who were banned and the reason why. Nothing like a public display of your behaviour to help a guy play nice
Old 11-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

As a forum we typically don't post reasons regarding why a particular member gets banned. But it's fairly obvious in most instances.

There's at least a half dozen banned members (that I know of without researching) that have created new user names and are back on the forum. Most just lurk and keep a low profile. Some post. But they typically don't revert back to the douchebag behavior that got them banned. I'm ok with that.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:06 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Easiest solution? Grow up, quit arguing over the internet, its not like anything is proven out of it, other than who claims to have biggest ***k behind the keyboard.

Recommend solutions: Traveling MyG37 Fight Club. nuff said.
The following 2 users liked this post by eljoker:
Black Betty (11-29-2014), blnewt (11-29-2014)
Old 11-29-2014, 02:09 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
As a forum we typically don't post reasons regarding why a particular member gets banned. But it's fairly obvious in most instances.

There's at least a half dozen banned members (that I know of without researching) that have created new user names and are back on the forum. Most just lurk and keep a low profile. Some post. But they typically don't revert back to the douchebag behavior that got them banned. I'm ok with that.
BTW, BB, what was your screen name prior to the last time you were banned here??
lol
Old 11-29-2014, 10:40 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
^ Hahahah!

Do you guys do Timeouts? On the other forum I spend my time, they give out points, and if you have enough points, you get a Timeout. I'm loose on the details of this system, since I've never gotten points, or been banned. Now, how you get banned - I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons, one of which might be by the number of Timeouts you have had. Or you can do something really bad and just get banned straight away. But they seem to use points like a driver's license.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
^ Hahahah!

Do you guys do Timeouts? On the other forum I spend my time, they give out points, and if you have enough points, you get a Timeout. I'm loose on the details of this system, since I've never gotten points, or been banned. Now, how you get banned - I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons, one of which might be by the number of Timeouts you have had. Or you can do something really bad and just get banned straight away. But they seem to use points like a driver's license.
We have a warning and points system here. But also the discretion to ban straightaway without issuing points. How to get banned is basically to not be a decent member of this society. It's pretty simple really. There haven't been a lot of members being banned around here (other than spam bots) in a long time. Just the occasional idiot who simply won't coexist peacefully with other members.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
May I suggest a 'Random Rants' section like the Z forum has? As long as people could use it without getting carried away. Although the 370Z forum is a little looser than this one to begin with.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrash666
May I suggest a 'Random Rants' section like the Z forum has? As long as people could use it without getting carried away. Although the 370Z forum is a little looser than this one to begin with.
We already have that.
The following users liked this post:
Roadrash666 (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RPG11
We already have that.
OOPS. Dammit! Now I know where I saw it. LOL Thanks for pointing that out before I had to put on the flame proof suit!

Last edited by Roadrash666; 11-30-2014 at 08:22 PM.