Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

iTrader deal thread URL field doesn't work for me

Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
iTrader deal thread URL field doesn't work for me

Anybody else have a problem with adding the deal thread URL when submitting iTrader feedback? I've been a member of another forum that uses the iTrader feedback and that field works perfectly every time I've used it. Yet I can't get this one to take any of the deal thread URLs I put in that field. It always comes back with an error. Something like "invalid URL". I end up putting a link in the comment just to have some reference.

I did a search for "deal thread URL" and nothing about this issue came back. I'm new to the forum so this may just be a known thing and not a big deal. Can anyone confirm that to be the case?

It's really not a big deal to me, personally, so I'm not worried about it. But I thought it was relevant to the functionality of the iTrader feedback system so I figured I'd ask.

Jeremy
Old 10-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I don't believe that part of iTrader works here. If you don't input a deal thread URL the rest of iTrader does work.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:12 AM
jsampsell

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I don't believe that part of iTrader works here. If you don't input a deal thread URL the rest of iTrader does work.
Ok. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Keeps telling me, "There was an error in your deal details!" What details? I've tried with/without a thread URL and with/without additional comments. There's only so many ways to configure that form.

I'd like to leave a positive comment for a recent transaction, but iTrader isn't working.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:55 PM
jsampsell

Originally Posted by Rochester
Keeps telling me, "There was an error in your deal details!" What details? I've tried with/without a thread URL and with/without additional comments. There's only so many ways to configure that form.

I'd like to leave a positive comment for a recent transaction, but iTrader isn't working.
Are you saying that it won't let you post the iTrader form without something in that field? I was able to leave it blank and still post the form. Interesting. I just posted two iTrader feedback forms yesterday.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jsampsell
Are you saying that it won't let you post the iTrader form without something in that field? I was able to leave it blank and still post the form. Interesting. I just posted two iTrader feedback forms yesterday.
I selected "buyer" from the first drop-down. "Positive" from the second drop-down. Entered a short comment... and submitted.

The submission fails with the aforementioned error. I've tried it numerous times, with/without content in the optional fields. It's pretty frustrating.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:58 PM
jsampsell

I selected "buyer" from the first drop-down. "Positive" from the second drop-down. Entered a short comment... and submitted.

The submission fails with the aforementioned error. I've tried it numerous times, with/without content in the optional fields. It's pretty frustrating.
You're probably going to think I'm crazy for asking this but have you tried using a different browser? Some things don't work for me when I use Chrome but they work just fine when I use Internet Explorer. I know a lot of people don't like IE but it's worth a try if it does what you want to do. Why a website would work in one browser and not in another is up for question but I do experience this daily at work. I use Firefox too but much less than the others.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jsampsell
You're probably going to think I'm crazy for asking this but have you tried using a different browser? Some things don't work for me when I use Chrome but they work just fine when I use Internet Explorer. I know a lot of people don't like IE but it's worth a try if it does what you want to do. Why a website would work in one browser and not in another is up for question but I do experience this daily at work. I use Firefox too but much less than the others.
You're right, I'm using Chrome.

Just tried it in Safari, and it fails there as well.

Just tried it in Internet Explorer, and this time it gave me an error message the other browsers didn't, "The message you have entered is too short. Please length your message to at least 10 characters."

So I went back to chrome, and duplicated the short comment as the long comment (more than 10 characters), and it worked!

There's a bug here.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:57 PM
jsampsell

You're right, I'm using Chrome.

Just tried it in Safari, and it fails there as well.

Just tried it in Internet Explorer, and this time it gave me an error message the other browsers didn't, "The message you have entered is too short. Please length your message to at least 10 characters."

So I went back to chrome, and duplicated the short comment as the long comment (more than 10 characters), and it worked!

There's a bug here.
So strange. I'm glad it worked, though.