Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

make things easier to navigate

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:20 PM
skmonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make things easier to navigate

I have joined this forum about a week ago and have been checking in almost everyday and posting few things and quoting. I find it hard to go back to my thread or for other peoples thread that i commented on.

I think it will be great if there was a button that shows all the thread, quotes and comments that the user made; so that with another click of a bottom we can go back to that thread.

Or a message that shows up when people commented on your thread so that you don't have to keep going back and forth checking on your thread to see if what ever your question was answered.

I donnot know if it is possible but it is just a suggestion that i thought might be helpful; from my personal experience.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Whenever you post on a thread a small blue star with a check mark in it appears on the thread title line. In this way you can always identify future posts for any thread in which you have commented. Would that be helpful to you?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
There's a couple of things that may help that you might not be aware of.

If you click "New Posts" on the blue header, all threads that have new posts since your last visit will be displayed. Once you've gone through all the threads you want to look at, you can click "Mark Forums Read". This is at the very bottom of the home page or on the drop down menu under "Quick Links" on the blue header up top. After you've marked forums read, the next time you click New Posts it will display only threads with new posts since the last time you've marked the forums as read.

Also, you can adjust settings to follow or subscribe to certain threads. It can be set to follow any thread you've posted in. You can also subscribe to individual threads even if you don't post in them.

To automatically subscribe to threads you post in or to receive an email when there are new posts in a thread you've subscribed to, go to User CP, and on the column on the left under Settings & Options click Edit Options. Midway down the page under Default Thread Subscription Mode, you can choose to automatically subccribe to any thread you start or reply to. You can also choose the frequency of the emails about replies in your subscribed threads.

To manually subscribe to a thread you haven't posted in, click on "Thread Tools" in the blue header above the first post. In the drop down menu, select "Subscribe to this Thread".

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Also, if you click on your user name at the top right of the page where it says "Welcome, skmonsta", you'll be taken to your user public profile page. In the header, click the "Statistics" tab and you'll see the option to display all of your posts or all of the threads you've started.

You can do the same for any member by clicking on their name to visit their public profile.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:08 AM
skmonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome. i did not know that.

thanks for the help
Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice replies guys! Should make that a auto post when someone signs up