Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

How could this site be improved???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^ there it is the man keeping us down. Rep works on other sites. Time to go take away some of your from that other site now. lol
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
ScottyBeGood

Anymore ideas on how this site could be improved??? There are some great suggestions so far... Everyone is welcome with their opinions...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:38 AM
ScottyBeGood

If we could I would like to focus on the topic here. Please feel free to have your disputes outside of this discussion thread.

Anymore ideas on how this site could be improved??? There are some great suggestions so far... Everyone is welcome with their opinions...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:47 AM
ScottyBeGood

Like I was saying...

Anymore ideas on how this site could be improved??? There are some great ideas so far... Everyone is welcome with their related opinions, thoughts and suggestions...
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
YeeP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mobile site is nice, good work (see, no bad mouthing)..

I have just recently added "tapatalk" to 3 of the sites that I run on the side and it has been met with a great response. 3 of them are phpBB and on is vBulletin. It is waaaaaay faster than opening a browser and logging into a site. In fact there is no log in required (depending on how you setup the app on your phone). Also I have users that run droids, crack berrys and more, all can use tapatalk. You open the app, and are on the forum, done.

No, I don't work for tapatalk, but I am addicted to it and want to have access to this forum on it.

From a webmaster POV, it is a very easy install. One of my sites is buttoned down very tight, and I have had good luck with it so far.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the messaging system is really cumbersome. I PM a lot and my inbox gets cluttered with replies. I wish they could just group the replies into one message like gmail does on email. So instead of having 5 inbox messages and 5 outbox messages that were a series of PM's about one issue. They could be saved as one message that you can delete or keep.

I have certain PM's regarding sales of items that I like to keep as records, and others that I can delete, but I always get a message box 90% full and have to go sift through each one individually and check off all the boxes to delete them.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the mobile site. Sure there are things that could be improved about it , but it's a tremendous improvement over trying to use the full-site on the iPhone.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
rocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please allow RSS feeds, so we could read the posts with an RSS reader.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
YeeP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
I like the mobile site. Sure there are things that could be improved about it , but it's a tremendous improvement over trying to use the full-site on the iPhone.
Ya, like I said. I am not bashing it in the least. I do not want to turn this into an advertisement for my sites and this app (because it does cost money). Can I offer you access to my site using the app, so you can give it a test drive, then you can jump on there and log in on the same account using the browser.

What you see in the app is a very dumbed down version of the forum, but it is stupid fast. For someone that is actually using a phone, it really is the only way to fly.

I would be happy to go make a test account on on of my sites for my G37 homies to log into and try out this app.

You decide on your own what you think, this is just a suggestion. I love the site and will keep coming here regardless of your decision.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Here's a useful one.
Classifieds. There are a lot of threads indicating "mods please close" after a sale but they are still open. I theorize not all the classifieds are checked daily, but maybe that would improve it. Also for those who come across such a thread, the report this post works to get attention to close the thread. Not sure how many people search for items in classifieds and come to find out it's sold at the end of the thread.

Maybe all classifieds would note for the submitter to report the thread closed or check back on it if it's not closed, or mods to actually check daily. Whichever works best.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 PM
IBMark
Internet Brands

We're here and we're listening guys. If you have any more input, we'd love to hear it.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by IBMark
We're here and we're listening guys. If you have any more input, we'd love to hear it.
Truthfully, I would like to see this...
Old 10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
xyz
Registered Member

forward and next for pictures attached to a post . . .
Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
rocky

Originally Posted by IBMark
How about flipping the switch to turn on the RSS feeds from this site?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
can we find a way to separate private classifieds for the sedan, coupe, and convertible? particularly exhaust mods

Quick Reply: How could this site be improved???