Part fits: 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Sedan
Location (State/Prov): TX
Item Condition: Used

Any interest?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:14 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by NeuroG37spine
Very Good question! The bluetooth OBD II is specifically for connecting the computer to the Car to view the car's different Sensors (A/F ratio, Temperature sensors, RPM, Oil pressure, MPH, etc) for a better analysis of the car's performance.

The Carputer has bluetooth capabilies but only one function can be used at a time (either view all the guages because its connected to the OBDII sensor or stream your phone to the carputer or another bluetooth device). I built this so that you can switch back and forth form the stock system to the carputer by the flick of a switch. I did not add a call feature with the carputer because my cars call feature worked great already. The carputer has Navigation on it as well and comes with a USB GPS sensor.

Hope this helps explain it a little bit. Please let me know if you need more explanation or have different questions.

Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan, I'm not so much concerned about the OBDII BT as I am about streaming and video.

So, if i were to hook this up, and stream bluetooth audio wirelessly thorough this, it would play through my existing speakers? I guess it would be up to my phone to be hooked up to two different bluetooth devices at once. (I think the Iphone can hook up to 2, one for calls, one for A2DP. I wonder if the bluetooth audio would mute out as the hands free is coming through.

Also, what is the video playback like, if i were to load movies onto a flash drive, can I play them via the screen?

I am interested, but want to make sure the install is plug n play and the features I am looking for will work together.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:33 AM
alxmlr789

PM and phone number sent. Would like to chat with you about this!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
NeuroG37spine
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is completely reversible because I knew i was going to take it out before I sold the car. It still requires general knowledge of wiring and the ability to read diagrams. I do have several movies on it currently and they streamed no problem. Its pretty low res because the stock screen isn't great but its not bad.

I would imagine it could do all this because it is a computer. Whatever you can do with a computer, you can do with this. It just depends on the programs that are installed on it. However, I just transferred my music from my phone to the computer via the bluetooth and would just control the music through Centrafuse. Centrafuse has a lot of apps that you can download that can do all sorts or different things.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Ryan, I'm not so much concerned about the OBDII BT as I am about streaming and video.

So, if i were to hook this up, and stream bluetooth audio wirelessly thorough this, it would play through my existing speakers? I guess it would be up to my phone to be hooked up to two different bluetooth devices at once. (I think the Iphone can hook up to 2, one for calls, one for A2DP. I wonder if the bluetooth audio would mute out as the hands free is coming through.

Also, what is the video playback like, if i were to load movies onto a flash drive, can I play them via the screen?

I am interested, but want to make sure the install is plug n play and the features I am looking for will work together.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:49 PM
NeuroG37spine
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Still Available. Price reduced to $500!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:03 PM
alxmlr789

Definitely still interested in this...Trying to budget for it, hoping it is still available.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 PM
G37sTT
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Payment Sent.