Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:08 PM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit

Finally got the courage to go for a drop! Always been a little skeptical cause of flooding here in Tampa and having to be cautious about parking blocks/speed bumps/pot holes etc, but figured what the hell! This is about an hour after install, but there was a large difference immediately. pictures almost don't do it justice. I was so surprised how big a difference getting lowered by only about an inch makes when looking at the wheel gap in person. Should have done this a long time ago lol.

Ride quality feel ever so slightly... more firm. I don't think it feels necessarily stiffer but when i went over the speed bumps in my association the car feels more planted to the ground and i don't feel like i get popped up out of my seat. Also noticed I can feel more of the road when going over small cracks or hitting those recessed light things in the lines on the highway, not that it is uncomfortable - but I'm definitely more aware of riding over stuff.

Overall I'm super stoked about how the front closed up and how driving feels slightly sportier. I have a feeling I might be a little lower than the 1.2/0.8 eibach labels for the pro-kit, since I'm already just about that now immediately after install.... but after a week I'll take a pic, measure and compare again to see if it settles more, if at all.

1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit-xnxeauk.jpg
1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit-gtth10q.jpg

to do list:
IPL Front bumper in the next week or two (already ordered)
painting headlights when I swap bumpers
Eibach Sway bars get installed later this week
Alignment 1 week from today
Wheel Spacers ???? (trying to decide if worth the $ or if I want new wheels/tires later this year)
Roof and Door handles vinyl wrapped black
AK v2 Diffuser, carbon fiber
swap out injen SRI for stillen gen3 CAI

Last edited by G37Some; 04-14-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Get the spacers. I have that same setup (eibach drop on stock 19's). I have H&R 20mm spacers and it looks really good. And oh, I have an LP coupe on black stock 19's as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Looks nice, but yeah, I think you'll like the look even better with the 20mm spacers all around
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Luckymike74

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you have to install camber/toe kit?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Looking good, nice list of mods in the future, you're going to be quite busy!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 PM
G37Some

@luckymike - haven't gotten an alignment yet, will find out at the end of the week. I'm anticipating being pretty close to spec, but if I get lower as they settle who knows. Have a funny feeling I'll go lower than eibachs 1.2/0.8 label because I was close to that right after install..... but I hope not cause I don't wanna have to deal with alignment issues.

Thanks for the input. Spacers will definitely look cleaner, it just comes down to if I want to use that $200 for spacers or just put it on the side towards new wheels later in the year. sooner or later I'll crack and make an impulse decision.

Yeah I just went on a little spending spree last week, lol. Most of the upcoming mod's should be pretty soon. The CAI, vinyl and spacers are in back of my mind so we'll see how the bank account is looking and go from there...
Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Luckymike74

Originally Posted by G37Some
@luckymike - haven't gotten an alignment yet, will find out at the end of the week. I'm anticipating being pretty close to spec, but if I get lower as they settle who knows. Have a funny feeling I'll go lower than eibachs 1.2/0.8 label because I was close to that right after install..... but I hope not cause I don't wanna have to deal with alignment issues.

Thanks for the input. Spacers will definitely look cleaner, it just comes down to if I want to use that $200 for spacers or just put it on the side towards new wheels later in the year. sooner or later I'll crack and make an impulse decision.

Yeah I just went on a little spending spree last week, lol. Most of the upcoming mod's should be pretty soon. The CAI, vinyl and spacers are in back of my mind so we'll see how the bank account is looking and go from there...
could you let us know if you end up buying a camber/toe kit because of alignment issues? my coilovers should be in this week and im thinking about dropping it 1.5 inches

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 AM
G37Some

I'll keep you posted. with 1.5 I would think you might need some camber/toe kits based on what others have said. i'll post my alignment print out though after i get it done
The following users liked this post:
Luckymike74 (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
G37Some.....Your about 30 minutes from me. We need to get together sometime for a shoot, compare notes, etc! LOL, I am in Lakeland directly off of I-4
Old 04-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Car looks a lot better with less wheels gap If you have plan to pick up new wheels later on don't waste money on spacers put those money toward wheels funds.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:17 PM
G37Some

@topher oh nice man. yeah I've been looking for some events in FL near us. I know the last friday of every month is the university car event at USF here in tampa. I'll be going for the first time this month, you should swing by. From what I've seen they get a pretty big turn out. In january they had a toys for tots thing going on for the meet, over 1500 cars came out.

fb - https://www.facebook.com/UCEpage
vid - https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=t1p3ma1RCl8

Anyway, the pics ain't that great (angles of wheel gap, sunlight etc) but I definitely thought it was lower than expected... I went out and measured this afternoon and the front was 26.2" and rear was 26.4" after 1 day of settling, and there is nothing in the car to weigh it down, and little less than 1/2 tank of gas. the wheel gap closed slightly more. yesterday i was able to get 2 fingers in F&R (index/middle) now I can only fit my thumb (lil bigger than middle). I need something like this for my girl too

From what I've searched and read in the lowering database thread this is decently lower than most other eibach owners.... starting to get a little worried about alignment now, definitely was trying to avoid $500+ for the camber kits
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Some
@topher oh nice man. yeah I've been looking for some events in FL near us. I know the last friday of every month is the university car event at USF here in tampa. I'll be going for the first time this month, you should swing by. From what I've seen they get a pretty big turn out. In january they had a toys for tots thing going on for the meet, over 1500 cars came out.

fb - https://www.facebook.com/UCEpage
vid - https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=t1p3ma1RCl8

Anyway, the pics ain't that great (angles of wheel gap, sunlight etc) but I definitely thought it was lower than expected... I went out and measured this afternoon and the front was 26.2" and rear was 26.4" after 1 day of settling, and there is nothing in the car to weigh it down, and little less than 1/2 tank of gas. the wheel gap closed slightly more. yesterday i was able to get 2 fingers in F&R (index/middle) now I can only fit my thumb (lil bigger than middle). I need something like this for my girl too

From what I've searched and read in the lowering database thread this is decently lower than most other eibach owners.... starting to get a little worried about alignment now, definitely was trying to avoid $500+ for the camber kits
Might be able to swing it w/ just the rear arms and toe kit, that's about $150.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Luckymike74

is your car the x coupe? G37Some
Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM
G37Some

not the x coupe, normal RWD.

I went ahead and measured today and the numbers are the same, basically settled into its stance after the 1st day.

Should hopefully be able to bring it in for inspections/alignment tomorrow and will update with spec's. If not tomorrow than definitely wednesday
The following users liked this post:
Luckymike74 (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM
G37Some

Just got an "Alignment". I only know as much about alignment as what I've goggled for about an hour, but it looks like the camber up front is decently out of spec and the SAI/IA are significatnly different up front - not sure if this is a big deal or if it balances out but I was shocked to see over a 2* difference between right and left. The back doesn't seem bad.

I feel like I just wasted $90 for them to only adjust the toe bolts, which yes im glad my wheels are pointing strait... but pretty sure they didn't even check my steer wheel to see if it was strait (not that it matters, but it should be done! lol)... plus the $20 I spent at the bar across the street while waiting.

1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit-tb56dma.png

edit; anyone have insight to the SAI/IA angles being significantly different up front?

Last edited by G37Some; 04-21-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st drop! Eibach Pro Kit