NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Fairfield County (CT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:14 PM
IlliniG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fairfield County (CT)

Hi all,
Considering the possibility of relocating for a job in Fairfield County, CT. Anybody live in or otherwise familiar with the area? Trying to get a feel for lifestyle / scenery.

I'm 28, single, would be relocating from Illinois. Would be looking to live amongst other young professionals. Besides cars I also appreciate boats and the water, the outdoors in general, golf, and good restaurants. Go!
Old 05-19-2016, 04:53 PM
anestheticG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Southern CT is nice. I used to live in new haven but now live in west hartford (central CT)
fairfield is a college town so it has that vibe. CT is a strange state. You have to do a lot of driving and seek out stuff to do. I'm from NYC and it's obviously a way different lifestyle than living in NYC but luckily you aren't too far from boston or NYC. Living in fairfield you're very close to the city and can drive down and fly out from JFK and Newark (access to international travel is important to me).
CT has downsides... there is high income tax and there is property tax on your car. If you buy a home the taxes are insane. It's not the most ideal place for a single male. Dating in CT is interesting from my experience however I have not lived in fairfield. I've thought about relocating back to NYC but I would take a pay cut and my cost of living would be higher and I would give up my car. I'm also back in a relationship so it's different. If you really want to be single and chase women somewhere more urban might be better... at the same time you could be a bigger fish in a smaller pond in CT...