NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Dealer Experiences...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 03:13 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Florida fine cars. 2009 g37 sedan got it for $18,000 72 months 300 a month. smooth deal I sold myself the car the guy didnt know anything haha
Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 PM
GraphiteG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for prime Infiniti in Hanover. I went to Prime Buick gmc just down the street and had a salesperson named Dennis. He was not pushy at all and gave me a killer deal! They have great business ethics over there
Old 05-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Rexius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new around here. I purchased my 2011 G37S Coupe (7-Speed AT) about a year ago with 45K miles on the odometer from Infiniti of Van Nuys, CA. It is a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle still under factory warranty and I purchased the Certified Pre-Owned Warranty.

In about 6 months and less than 10,000 miles, I started to get violent shaking from the steering wheel and the brake pedal when applying the brakes at both street and highway speeds. On top of this, the accelerator pedal was squeaking every time I stepped on it and there was a loud rattling noise coming from underneath the car. I figured the rattling was the exhaust system and that the shaking under breaking was warped rotors. Then, I noticed a strange ticking noise coming from the wheel wells whenever I drove up along a wall or in a parking structure. I took the car into the dealer and expressed all of these concerns. They gave me a loaner G37 Sedan which was absolutely filthy on the inside and looked like it had been used in a Bruce Willis film on the outside. The dealer kept my car for an entire week. They tightened up the heat shields on the exhaust and that solved the undercarriage rattling noise. They lubricated the accelerator pedal to stop the squeaking (supposedly) and they did fairly ambiguous work on the rear differential which they claimed to be the source of the ticking noise from the wheel wells. When I got the car back I got slammed with a $350 service bill because they told me the work on the rear end was not covered under warranty. When I asked how that could be if it's part of the drivetrain and the car was still under the factory 60,000 mile warranty they told me that the warranty only covered mechanical failure and not normal wear and tear and that the ticking noise was normal wear and tear.

Then came the brake issue. They told me that the front and rear rotors were heavily warped and needed to be replaced. They quoted me $547 for the front and another $450 for the rear brakes. I told the service rep that this was complete bull**** and I could not understand how a luxury sports car that was supposedly sold to me as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle that was fully inspected and refurbished could have warped rotors in less than 6 months. Why the hell would Infiniti build a car with such massive Akebono brakes and then equip it with rotors that could not handle a bit of aggressive braking? I can't imagine how quickly these rotors would warp if I took it auto crossing or to a track day. So if I replace them at the dealer, does that mean I can't drive this car hard in any way? Why is it a sports car with performance brakes if I have to treat it like a Prius? Anyway, I refused to pay that amount for them to replace the brakes.

When I drove the car home that day, the accelerator pedal was still squeaking and the ticking from the wheel wells persisted as well. From my point of view, I had just paid $350 to have the heat shields tightened and the oil changed because those are the ONLY 2 issues that they resolved for me. I submitted a survey to the dealer and called to complain directly. I was told that they could take a look at the car again but that the brakes would not be covered by the warranty and that any additional diagnosis of the ticking would cost me extra.

I was then contacted by Infiniti USA's corporate office via email. I sent an email back to them with my complaints and I never heard back from them or the dealer. I sent a follow up email to the dealer and Infiniti and have not heard back still.

I have now owned this car for about a year and to be honest, I am extremely annoyed, frustrated and disappointed. I can't believe that I bought a $40,000 car to receive such **** service and have to deal with more squeaks, rattles, ticks and shakes than I have with any other car I have owned. My 2005 VW Jetta doesn't even rattle or squeak as much as my G37 does. Am I the only one? Did I just get stuck with a bad car? Or is this normal for all owners? The car is now due for it's 60,000 mile service which is going to cost me $870 and I still have to fix the brakes which will cost another $1000. Throw the $350 + 4 oil changes this year and I am looking at over $3000 in maintenance in less than one year. I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous. My Dodge Charger SRT8 doesn't even cost me that much to maintain on a yearly basis. Again, I bought this car because I was expecteing it to be a fun, comfortable car to daily drive. I expected it to give me the luxury-sport experience that a car in this price range should give.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? I'm ready to sell the car and get out of this mess before it gets worse.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:12 AM
Dedeman
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got my first Infiniti (09 G37X coupe) from Lia Infiniti in Latham, NY (near Albany). Kevin Carhart sold me the car. He was easy to deal with, and I feel that I got a good deal on the car (showroom cond, non navi, 09, 35k miles for $16.5k).