Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Hi. Hey. Hello.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Alxchestnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. Hey. Hello.

Hello to anyone who reads this.
I'm Alex, and i'm the owner of an '08 G37S 6MT. Had it since April '16; the only reason I have it is because I was in a pretty bad accident in late March of that same year (T-boned at an intersection, caused me to spin and hit a tree on the opposite side of the street. Luckily I missed all the oncoming traffic.) The car that was totaled was a 2011 370z. I came out of it relatively fine considering what occured. Reason I got a G37S is because, there was nothing else that piqued my interest. That and the Zs were the most familiar to me (previously had a 350Z as well), and I wanted something with backseats and a reverse camera. I've been keeping the G maintened and added a custom exhaust (just because I miss the growl of a VQ; it'll most likely be changed sometime in the future.), but now's the time for the real mods.
Enough words from me, on to the pictures!
Hi. Hey. Hello.-img_0012.jpg

Hi. Hey. Hello.-img_0013.jpg

Hi. Hey. Hello.-img_0014.jpg

Hi. Hey. Hello.-img_0026.jpg

Hi. Hey. Hello.-img_0121.jpg
Old 02-09-2017, 07:01 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Glad to see you made it out in one piece. Looks like an intense crash! Lots of useful information here about just about every performance part for the VQ and G platform. Can pick up a lot of good stuff in the classifieds as well.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:41 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Back seat? In a coupe? Hopefully you aren't going to stuff anyone over 5 years old back there!
Also, rear tires should be the first 'mod'. :P
Good luck and have fun.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Wow, looks like a horrendous collision, hope you aren't suffering any long term injuries from that one.

Glad to hear you stuck w/ the VQ family and found this site. Keep us posted w/ what you end up doing.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 AM
esi484

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey.. glad that you are safe in that accident .... yes you should put the stillen supercharger on it

https://www.stillen.com/performance/...initi-g37.html
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Alxchestnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Glad to see you made it out in one piece. Looks like an intense crash! Lots of useful information here about just about every performance part for the VQ and G platform. Can pick up a lot of good stuff in the classifieds as well.
Thank you, glad to be in one piece.

Originally Posted by kiseliok
Back seat? In a coupe? Hopefully you aren't going to stuff anyone over 5 years old back there!
Also, rear tires should be the first 'mod'. :P
Good luck and have fun.
I'm happy to say i've stuffed a 23 yr old and a 4 yr old back there, Lol. I bought Hankooks, OEM replacement pads and rotors, and now have some Avant Garde wheels to go on.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Wow, looks like a horrendous collision, hope you aren't suffering any long term injuries from that one.

Glad to hear you stuck w/ the VQ family and found this site. Keep us posted w/ what you end up doing.
I'm alright. My knee was an issue, but i'm healed up now. Thank you for the concern.
Originally Posted by esi484
hey.. glad that you are safe in that accident .... yes you should put the stillen supercharger on it

https://www.stillen.com/performance/...initi-g37.html
Supercharger was in the plans, but I figure i'll just get 4.08 gears instead, and save the boost for the next car. Power is desired, but I know my capabilities and I am not ready for more power yet.