Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New to me G37S

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 09:55 PM
ZJones1994

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to me G37S

Evening all! I just purchased a 2012 G37S with 62k miles and i couldn't be happier. Sadly i haven't been able to drive it myself (I'm stationed across the country and my family did all the leg work) but i cant wait to have it mid next month. I was wondering on what the general consensus was on issues that i should look out for. I heard about the rear seal issue on pre-12's so hopefully I wont have to deal with that. It has the nav system and bose sound system and from what i can tell most of the features like the illuminated door sill etc. I was planning on doing the remote start that uses the OEM key fob and then normal things like weathertech floor mats etc. Any mods that are great for quality of life or longevity of the vehicle please share!
Thanks, Zach
Old 12-31-2016, 11:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by ZJones1994
Evening all! I just purchased a 2012 G37S with 62k miles and i couldn't be happier. Sadly i haven't been able to drive it myself (I'm stationed across the country and my family did all the leg work) but i cant wait to have it mid next month. I was wondering on what the general consensus was on issues that i should look out for. I heard about the rear seal issue on pre-12's so hopefully I wont have to deal with that. It has the nav system and bose sound system and from what i can tell most of the features like the illuminated door sill etc. I was planning on doing the remote start that uses the OEM key fob and then normal things like weathertech floor mats etc. Any mods that are great for quality of life or longevity of the vehicle please share!
Thanks, Zach
Hi Zach, sounds like a great way to start the New Year, congrats and nice that your family is getting it done for you, nice teamwork!

Here's a good thread that details what to expect when you start modding, and going w/ a 12 S is a nice start for sure
Brad

https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-...read-this.html
The following users liked this post:
kennyz424 (01-01-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 12:13 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum Zach and congrats on the G! Is it a coupe or sedan? Regardless cant wait to hear your thoughts after driving it!

Also thank you for your service!
Old 01-01-2017, 05:40 PM
ZJones1994

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyz424
Welcome to the forum Zach and congrats on the G! Is it a coupe or sedan? Regardless cant wait to hear your thoughts after driving it!

Also thank you for your service!
Its a sedan! I've always had a soft spot for sportier sedans and this car was at the perfect price (being sold near the nissan US HQ helped a lot!) and I cant wait to have it out here this month. I'm coming from the Jeep community (still have my wrangler and cant wait to finally make it offroad only) so modding vehicles is in my DNA at this point haha.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Step 1: swaybars

Step 2:

Step 3: profit
Old 01-02-2017, 08:44 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I agree with the sways. I with the S model didn't have such a hard suspension. When you hit bumps, it can be unsettled. Wish they had come from the factory with firmer sways and more compliant shocks.

I wonder if anyone is using any fuel injector cleaners. I have just been using 91 oct since I got it. I wish 93 was available. Race gas is around, but wouldn't be worth the $6 or more they charge a gallon.