Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Analyzing all G37 suspension options and their practicality.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:34 PM
giveherthatG
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok thanks, Yea I guess 1.5" shouldn't be that much of a difference plus who plans on driving in snow deep enough to be a plow... I would just have to experience it for myself anyways...

Sorry you said I plan on keeping my car for several years I should return it to stock? I couldn't quite understand the second part.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Most mods are worth nothing to a dealer on trade-in, and can even be negative value on trade. That's why lots of people keep their OEM parts, like suspension, exhaust and intake components. They swap them back in for the dealer trade, then start a part-out thread to sell their mods online.

It's a thing. Particularly with people who leased their cars.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:52 PM
mrmebeotchi
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giveherthatG
My concern is that swift springs on oem shocks / struts will make them wear faster... Im trying to have the oem stuff last as long as possible. Some argue coilovers wear down faster than oem shocks. So im leaning towards getting coilovers and have the oem parts set aside just in case... correct if im wrong.
I was under the impression that the Swift springs are close enough to stock rates, and such a modest drop that they shouldn't wear out the factory dampers prematurely.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
I can't speak to their effect on the lifetime wear on the dampers, but I remember what it was like after installing Swift lowering springs on a RWD Sedan with the OEM sport shocks. The comfort level was almost exactly the same. If anything, the behavior was better managed, meaning things were somewhat less bouncy, which is good. And yet (!?) I swear that I remember thinking the car's bounce was a little bit less harsh. Whether all that was in my head or not, IDK, but both are good things. Earlier in this thread I said that any improvement in handling is mostly in your head... and that's true. But if I recall my impressions correctly from a few years ago, the springs handle dips in the road better, and the comfort was as good as stock, if not improved even.

Irrespective of the drop, (which is the main point of this mod), I would say lowering springs on the G Sedan are an upgrade.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-05-2017 at 08:03 AM.