Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Questions for those before me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:02 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Questions for those before me.

So my car has 159k on it. The car had the 120k Better service before I bought it. They tell me that they think that the transmission was serviced at that time. I wonder how I can be sure? It mentions the differential and plugs, but no where on there the transmission.

The car also had a ECM and TCM reprogram in March 2013.

I plan on getting another transmission service done soon, not sure who will be doing it. I want to get the pan removed, since it probably hasn't been done before. I don't plan on doing it myself, would rather pay someone.

At times the shift from first to second is harsh. Today it revved up to 3k when it shifted. It even felt like I had some slip. I am hoping a good and complete transmission service will keep it happy for sometime.

I find the car sometimes wants to be slow when I want it to be quicker and sometime quicker when I want it to be slow. There is like a rattle in the front passenger side I have noticed lately, mostly when idling. There is the rear shelf that sounds like there is a loose speaker in there. There is also some wind noise coming from the same rear area.

I believe I have seen some others speak about some of these issues.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Might try a Nissan dealer for the Transmission service, will probably be cheaper. Have them perform the FSM procedure of a 3x drain & fill and ask them to remove the pan to clean it along w/ the pan magnets. Hopefully that will help w/ some of your AT performance issues.
The following users liked this post:
kennyz424 (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 10:48 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
I'd take blnewt's advice as well and take it to a Nissan dealer. Best of luck with everything and keep us posted.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:44 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I called the local Nissan Dealer and they quoted me twice as much as the local Infiniti. They wanted like 440 for a transmission service. I was like wtf. Doesn't even cover opening the pan.