Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New here but not yet a G owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Habbibie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
New here but not yet a G owner

What's going on guys, I'm Here to gain as much info as I can get toward purchasing a g37 and I figured why not start from actual owners/drivers. Well just asking for input mainly now I'll dig deeper if I do decide on a G.

Little about me, I'm about to hit 30 soon, married with children, have a mortgage and I'm the sole provider for my family. I know my way around cars. I reside in Chicagoland suburbs.

Currently I'm in the market for a new (but used) car. I'm down to 2 or 3 cars that I'm Strongly considering with a G37S sedan 6mt being on the top of the list. Other 2 are a caddy CTS-4 3.6 and G8 GXP (little outa my budget but not off my list) I know the g I want is rwd only and it snows like hell out here but I've driven an 5MT fox body notchback for 5 years in this winter with crappy all season tires and never had a heart beat skip. Question is things to look out for, known or common issues, I know clutch is a pita on the g37 but I've test driven it and I is manageable. Anything I should consider prior to buying a 6mt sedan?

Currently i don't own a car but I have a company issued 2014 f250 for personal use that I primarily tend to only use it the days I go to job sites and the days I don't I take a train, my last 3 cars starting with most recent 06 M5 SMG, 05 is300 and 90 fox notch.

Well looking forward to talking to u guys...
Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Looks like you've done your homework, and IMO (unbiased lol) I'd choose the G from that group too
Take a look at Rochesters' build thread, he lives in NY, and doesn't use his much in the winter. He's done the RJM clutch upgrade and has some good tips along the way.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...r-s-new-g.html

I'd look for a 2012 or newer if possible, the pre 2012 models have an inferior timing gasket that is a PITA to replace, about an 18 hr job so just a heads-up.

Keep us posted on your search, and the 6mt comes w/ all the OEM performace upgrades so you're good there
Old 11-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Habbibie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site!
Looks like you've done your homework, and IMO (unbiased lol) I'd choose the G from that group too
Take a look at Rochesters' build thread, he lives in NY, and doesn't use his much in the winter. He's done the RJM clutch upgrade and has some good tips along the way.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...r-s-new-g.html

I'd look for a 2012 or newer if possible, the pre 2012 models have an inferior timing gasket that is a PITA to replace, about an 18 hr job so just a heads-up.

Keep us posted on your search, and the 6mt comes w/ all the OEM performace upgrades so you're good there
Alright cool thanks for the heads up, it might be a while before I find the one for me I'm looking to get a red sedan and those are super rare to come by in 6mt but thankfully I'm in no rush to get it since right now there's only two in the country for sale so I'll gather all the info I can now and see where it goes from there
Old 11-25-2015, 07:38 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 195 Posts
I never think much about red, but this one looks really good in the pics. It even has the OEM spoiler installed: [url=http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=92064&doorCo de=4&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&sh owcaseListingId=415070005&mmt=%5BINFIN%5BG37%5B%5D %5D%5B%5D%5D&doorCodes=4&vehicleStyleCodes=SEDAN&m odelCode1=G37&makeCode1=INFIN&startYear=1981&showc aseOwnerId=57739180&extColorsSimple=RED&searchRadi us=0&listingId=410702583&Log=0]Cars for Sale: 2013 Infiniti G37 Sport in Plains, PA 18702: Sedan Details - 410702583 - Autotrader[/url

I know it's not socially acceptable in these circles to openly admit to liking chrome, but those chromed sport wheels look really good as well.

Last edited by socketz67; 11-25-2015 at 08:10 PM.