Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newish Owner. Showing my coupe and saying hello.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Allboutcali

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Newish Owner. Showing my coupe and saying hello.

So first off hello to everyone. I bought a 2009 G37 journey back in January. I sold my 2006 350z touring and upgraded to a G coupe. When in bought the car I had no plans on doing anything to it but my impulsiveness got to me.

I bought a journey coupe with 50k miles it's moonlight white and the first thing I did was do a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof and powder coat all the chrome to gloss black and de badged the trunk just left the Fiji in the center. I later came across some akebonos at first I wasn't going to install them but then I said what the heck and put them on. Afterwards I installed some paddle shifters since I have a 7AT which I absolutely love. My 350z what a 6sp so once I put the paddles on I loved the car even more. Then I installed some diode dynamic leds in my headlights and just recently I dropped my G on Tein S techs and put a sports bumper on. I also installed some camber arms and toe bolts. I'm pretty much done with the car might get wheels later on but I love the way it looks and sits. Also would like to thank all the DIY threads for posting up such useful information because without those all of my "mods" would've probably taken longer. Let me know what you guys think and would also love to see some of your coupes and sedans.

Name:  09D1DFB4-4B49-4927-BEC9-B532C59E0E76_zpsjjzlsknt.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  252.5 KBSo back in January I sold my 06 350z 6MT and bought a 2009 G37 7AT in moonlight white. I bought the car with 50k miles. When I first got it I was really happy and didn't think the car needed any mods but in a few months that changed. The first thing I did was wrap the roof in gloss black. Next I powder coated the wheels and chrome on the car, I de badged the trunk and just left the Fiji. I then installed some akebonos and some paddles that I got off a wrecked G I also installed some diode dynamic LEDs. Just recently I dropped the G on tein stech springs and installed a sports bumper. I want to keep the car as OEM as possible so I think I'm going to look for some sort wheels next. Let me know what you think and I would love to see some of your G coupe and sedans.

My 06
Name:  image_zpsxhclptqu.jpeg
Views: 966
Size:  215.1 KB

A day after buying it
Name:  image_zpsrmbuf3wn.jpeg
Views: 943
Size:  174.7 KB

The Drop
Name:  image_zps7puin4lm.jpeg
Views: 928
Size:  258.4 KB

The Cockpit
Name:  image_zpsspi0zuzp.jpeg
Views: 950
Size:  114.5 KB

The Front
Name:  image_zpsqmqnwsbn.jpeg
Views: 953
Size:  309.0 KB

Thanks again for reading and also a huge thanks to all the DIY for making my mods go a lot easier

Last edited by blnewt; 09-26-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great intro! Merged your threads to make it easier to reply & keep track. Nice Z and Coupe, way to keep it in the VQ family. congrats on the new ride and glad you're finding the site helpful.
Brad