Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newbie Alert: G37 Coupe in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:23 AM
quadzillabill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie Alert: G37 Coupe in Michigan

Hey everyone,

Joining you from Michigan with a new to me G37x Coupe. Pick it up in the morning and other than needing new tires, its in fantastic shape. I've got an FJ Cruiser to drive in the depths of winter, but this will be my work car and will be seeing 25k+ miles a year. Probably won't go crazy with mods as it will see a lot of highway time. The included extended warranty swayed me to go a little older as I'd like to avoid any big expenditures during the first couple years of a new job.

Tires - planning to go with the Conti DWS - would really like the 06 model but it doesn't look like its made in the stock 18" size.

Oil - Any early advice on oil changes? Do I really need to stick to a 3750 mile cycle - even while running synthetic oil? I don't want to screw up my remaining warranty. (I generally change my own oil)

Its not my first Infiniti, as my daughter drives an '03 i35 while away at college. That's been a pretty predictable ride over the last year that I've owned it, so I decided to try one out for myself.

I'm sure I've got lots to read about to get up to speed, but thanks in advance for the welcome.

• Still under Infiniti Extended Warranty through November 2017 or 100K miles.
• All-Wheel Drive
• Navigation,Back-Up Camera incl. parking sensors
• Heated Leather seats
• HID Bi-Xenon Headlights
• Sunroof
• Bose Sound System
• OEM 18" Wheels & Tires
• All scheduled maintenance completed at Infiniti Dealerships (All records available)
• Newer Akebono Ceramic Brakes w/ New OEM Rotors
• Driver Memory Seats
• Power Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, looks like a clean coupe you found
As far as oil changes I run Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic w/ the larger M56 oil filters and change my oil every 6k miles.
As far as causing warranty issues it shouldn't, but not 100% sure about that, so might ask the dealer.