Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Proper introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Proper introduction

This may be a tl;dr post to some so if it is i totally understand lol.

I should have done this when i first signed up a month ago but i'm kind of a slacker and i was pretty excited to have just gotten a G. So i was ready to jump in head first and get to modin'.

The G was never on my list of cars to look for when i was car shopping. I just automatically considered it out of my price range with average credit. I was looking at the new Camry, pretty basic, for awhile but didn't like the way the dealership drove one car up at a time for me to look at. So i got a business card and left.

Then my sister bought a Infiniti SUV from Carmax i mentioned i should check out their website and browse around to see if anything catches my eye. I liked a 2011 Maxima in silver which was the color i was looking for in a car and it had all the bells and whistles. Called Carmax and asked about it and it was still on the lot so i said i would be there about 3:30 to take a look at it.

Well somewhere between 11 a.m. and 3:30 the car got sold without the sales rep knowing and i was pretty disappointed. I went ahead and looked around the lot and saw a 2011 G37 coupe that was right in my price range. A big grin came across my face. Me and mom started to take it for a spin but right away my mom started to panic a little. She was diagnosed with dementia about 4 years ago so i think the size of the car inside maybe made her a little claustrophobic? Since she hasn't been able to drive since being diagnosed i've been taking her to the Dr. appointments, grocery shopping, beauty shop, etc... so her being comfortable and feeling safe while riding with me was very important.

Then i saw the sedan, that was a little more $ but still doable if the bank would finance me, which is what she's more use to driving in. So we jumped in and right away a big grin came across both our faces. This was the car. A 2013 Graphite Shadow with tan interior sedan with 13,800 miles on it.

Everything worked out with the payments and the next day we went to pick the car and since have enjoyed every minute of it minus the hit and run incident i was involved in last week.

A true blessing in disguise after the Maxima being sold before i had a chance to look at it that day.

So that's how i got my G and how i got to find my way here. To a fantastic forum that's got some very knowledgeable posters who i've learned a lot from regarding this car already. There's some really beautiful looking Gs you guys got. I'm down right jealous. My mod process will be slow but i hopefully will get mine up to snuff before i hit 200,000 miles on it.

Mods so far; The first thing i did was put some new shoes on her. Off with the All-Season RSAs and on with the summer shoes some BFG Sport Comp2s that i absolutely love so far. Tinted the windows 5%, bought a set of Z1 intake tubes that i ended up selling to a friend at work who got them for her fiance as a birthday gift (i only had them on my car for about a week). Replaced those with some Mishimoto intake tubes (faster shipping) and dropped in a set of K&N filters and that's it so far. Got a long way to go i know...

Next on my mod want list that will be going on is the Tanabe axle back exhaust and a grounding kit as i have a 7AT. Still learning a lot about the car and been reading a lot of threads on mods that interest me and what i'd love to do, like a intake manifold and swapping out the stock gear and going to a 4.08. Which is something i'm seriously considering even with a lot of warranty left on the car. I've been bit pretty hard by the mod bug, just don't have the cash to do everything i'd like right now lol.

Anyways, sorry for the long boring post but i thought i'd better get it out my system and apologize for not introducing myself sooner.

p.s. sorry for any spelling errors are bad sentences. Thank.

Sincerely,

Nathan
Attached Thumbnails Proper introduction-new-017.jpg   Proper introduction-new-016.jpg   Proper introduction-new-024.jpg  
Old 06-22-2015, 09:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro Nathan ('bout time, lol)
Too bad you started off w/ that banged up fender but seems like it's back on track again. Nice list of current and future plans, getting rid of those trash RS-As was a great start
Brad
The following users liked this post:
ColumbiaSkinny (06-23-2015)