Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My Infiniti G37 Sedan Plans - New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:17 PM
g37-amatuer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Infiniti G37 Sedan Plans - New to Forum

Hello from Atlanta!

So I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks after I decided to get a G37 sedan....I can't be more excited!!!! Going to the dealer this Monday to pick it up. I've never modded any vehicles before so I will need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!!! Just wanted to ask you experts out there some questions...

So if I get a 2013 Journey can I put a sport bumper and IPL/Aero sport coupe lip on a sedan model? Do they have IPL sedan lips? Will that work and look good? I see sooo many awesome mods on coupes but not as many on the sedans and the ones with sedans don't give all that much info.

My Plans:

Vossen CVT 18" - 19" rims (which should I get?)
Michelin super sport tires
Sport front bumper with IPL/Aero sport lip (if possible)
*Drop about 2" (don't know how yet...suggestions needed/wanted)
*anything else you all think I need to do?

If you have suggestions please let me know and send me some pics to compare with!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 12:17 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site.
If you haven't singled out a G yet I'd spread your search a bit and see if you can find one w/ the Sport package, this will have the sport exterior body parts along w/ Big Akebono brakes, bigger wheels/tires, thigh bolstered seats limited slip diff, sport suspension, AT shift paddles, tighter ratio steering, aluminum pedals, and that red S on the tail.

No IPL stuff for the sedans, but there are plenty of exterior mods for the 4 door, just check the media share section for more ideas.

As far as the Vossens, the CVTs come in 19, 20 & 22s. 19s look best if you don't drop your suspension, but you said you plan on dropping so 19s or 20s will look good.

If you need some wheel help shoot me a PM and we can go over a few options.
Have fun w/ your search.
Brad
Old 04-27-2015, 04:12 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
g37-amatuer, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your choice, I'm sure you won't regret it and will be really happy. Nice list of the mods planned! Good luck with them and keep us posted.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM
NickyP

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2 things that I see as being pretty popular for performance upgrades are exhaust and cold air intake. From what I have seen, parts for CAI are around $450-600 and exhaust is going to run around $1000-1200. Of course, you can browse the classifieds as well. Once you pick up your G, join us other Atliens on Atlanta Gs on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantaGs/
Old 05-10-2015, 02:44 PM
g37-amatuer

Hey guys...guess what?!?!? I just bought my G37 last week!!! Here are some photos of it as it stands right now. Everything is still stock, but i am looking to make some changes pretty quick. Let me know if you have any advice!

Name:  20150510_134740_zpsdxzqapbd.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  333.9 KB

Name:  20150510_134750_zps13vrjgiz.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  346.9 KB

Name:  20150510_134723_zpspqowbjpe.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  268.2 KB

Name:  20150510_134819_zpsfuixc9di.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  321.1 KB

Updated list of what I plan to do first:

1. Replace all interior lights with HID bulbs
2. Replace fog light with either LED or HID (need to do research, i hate the stock bulb for my fog lights. Hate might be a strong word...but you all know what i mean)
3. Upgrade front grill to black and paint the Infiniti emblem red
- Also paint rear emblems red as well. (Going with a theme here...Red and Black like my UGA bulldogs!! haha)
4. Replace brakes....still need to do research but will make sure they come with red calipers to match my red emblems.
5. Replace rims (my first choice is Schwert SC6 w/ black polish -Crazy expensive i know...lol...thats if i can find someone that sells them in the South) after about 6 months....my tires came brand new when i bought it so i thought i would wear them down a bit before going out and spending mad $$$ on new tires/rims
6. Upgrade Cold Air Intake like NickyP stated above.
7. Drop 1" after I move out of the house (approx 1 yr) i currently live in...horrible lip on the front driveway.

As you can tell I'm starting out with the aesthetics of my new G37 and will eventually turn inward towards the engine and performance parts....since this is my every day ride.

I'll keep posting pics every time I upgrade something! Thanks again for all your help and support!!

[IMG]https://www.myg37.com/forums/<a href=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/stoltz2121/media/20150510_134819_zpsfuixc9di.jpg.html target=_blank>Name:  20150510_134819_zpsfuixc9di.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  321.1 KB
Old 05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I'd set up a build thread, post all that stuff^^ then make a couple replies below it w/ "saved for future mods/pics" so you'll have plenty of room for your updates
Build Threads - MyG37
Nice plans thus far, interesting choice in wheels, love the Works brand, IMO those particular wheels would look best on larger upscale sedans like Lexus LS, Mercedes E, etc. but everyones' plans are different.
I like the red/black combo, even a darker crimson, depending on how far you could go and keep w/ your "Go Bulldogs" theme
As far as brakes, Wilwood makes a nice BBK setup w/ bold red calipers, might be worth a look, they also allow for better caliper clearance then the Infiniti/Akebono BBK, and it's a 6pot/4pot setup w/ light 2 piece rotors. THMotorsports is a vendor on site and has nice pricing on these kits
Wilwood High-Performance Disc Brakes - 2009 Infiniti G37 4 Door, Except Brembo Brakes
Since you like the Work wheels might check out the Emotion line too
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Emotion
And the rest of the Work lineup
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Work
If you need some wheel fit help just shoot me a PM
Brad
Old 05-10-2015, 04:22 PM
g37-amatuer

Originally Posted by blnewt
I'd set up a build thread, post all that stuff^^ then make a couple replies below it w/ "saved for future mods/pics" so you'll have plenty of room for your updates
Build Threads - MyG37
Nice plans thus far, interesting choice in wheels, love the Works brand, IMO those particular wheels would look best on larger upscale sedans like Lexus LS, Mercedes E, etc. but everyones' plans are different.
I like the red/black combo, even a darker crimson, depending on how far you could go and keep w/ your "Go Bulldogs" theme
As far as brakes, Wilwood makes a nice BBK setup w/ bold red calipers, might be worth a look, they also allow for better caliper clearance then the Infiniti/Akebono BBK, and it's a 6pot/4pot setup w/ light 2 piece rotors. THMotorsports is a vendor on site and has nice pricing on these kits
Wilwood High-Performance Disc Brakes - 2009 Infiniti G37 4 Door, Except Brembo Brakes
Since you like the Work wheels might check out the Emotion line too
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Emotion
And the rest of the Work lineup
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Work
If you need some wheel fit help just shoot me a PM
Brad
Thanks for the advice. I am liking the Brembo Brakes and Work wheels you suggested. I'll send you a PM once I narrow down my choices for your expert opinion if you don't mind.
David
Old 05-10-2015, 04:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by g37-amatuer
Thanks for the advice. I am liking the Brembo Brakes and Work wheels you suggested. I'll send you a PM once I narrow down my choices for your expert opinion if you don't mind.
David
No problem, Oh & BTW, nice clean G you found, looking forward to how your build comes together!