Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Howdy! New Member Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Yadayada

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Howdy! New Member Here

Howdy everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 2011 G37 journey/premium as of yesterday. I searched high and low around the Houston area and finally found what I was looking for. I was originally in the market for a sport but in the end I felt that the G by itself was sporty enough and the sport seats really left something to be desired. However, I am very happy with this car. It has a little bit of manufactures warranty left and was a 1 owner local car. Enough talking, here it is :

I traded in a car that I dearly loved but it was time to move on. I needed something a little more reliable and something a little easier on the pocket book. Just like any car I purchase I get very into it and mod them to my liking. This was a 2008 C350 sport that I added HID's, black grille and quad exhaust (just for looks) And here she is:

Now with all that said, I have come here to request some help from the veterans here. I am planning on adding 20" InCurve Ic-S10 wheels to the car and I know it will need a drop. I have read countless threads on the forum about lowering these cars and the different routes (coils vs springs). I am honestly lost and can't decide what to do. I want a drop that fills the wheel gap but doesn't rub anywhere. This is my DD and I still need to navigate parking lots with speed bumps. I am currently comparing Tanabe Sustec Coils vs Eibach lowering springs. Any input is appreciated!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:45 PM
guyinswmo

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the g family! As far as springs go the general consensus around here is that swift is the best for a mild drop. I don't have them yet, but plan on getting them in the spring.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Moved here for proper intro.
Congrats & welcome to the site, look forward to your plans.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Platinum

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome Yada, I had a 2004 sport and now have a 2013 Journey, plenty sporty for me. I am also in Houston, no mods to my car at this time. The Swift springs seem to be a popular choice here. Seems the coil over gives a precise ride height adjustment. I have no experience with either. For me its about comfort and no one really comments on how the cars rides after coil overs are installed.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 AM
iDs748
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello Guys,

I have been eyeing a G37 ever since my buddy bought a 370Z. This will be a significant upgrade for me as I am coming from a 2005 Honda Civic SE 5MT with A/C and Keyless only.

I have just purchased and due to pick up in less than one week a:

2013 Infiniti G37 Sport Sedan 6 MT with only 25 000 KM. One owner early lease return.

My New Toy:

Question:

Do I drive the G in the winter up here in Canada with a dedicated set of snows and sell the Civic (barely any takers) or do I store the G and only drive it on snow-free days and drive the civic (has lots of life left only 173 KM on it and I have a set of dedicated winters)

That's it for now. I have lots of reading to do that's for sure!

Thanks,

iDs748
Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 PM
cdmuile

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome, Yada!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:43 PM
ModBargains.com
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome
Great to have you here