Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

The G37S is a great track car

Old 04-16-2016, 05:47 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Splitter
That's true, not much headroom at all! Strange actually that a sports coupe has seats that sit so high. The sunroof is thick, but the seats do not go low enough. I'm 6' on the dot and even without a helmet I would like more headroomfor piece of mind.

It's amazing what adrenaline will do for you tho, I noticed the same thing once I get going
Your coupe is probably even worse than my sedan.

I know what you mean about adrenaline. I used to have a very heavily modified WRX that I tracked a lot and around the same track my helmet would rub so bad on the B pillar that it wore off the paint.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:10 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
Thanks for all the track day tips, they will come in handy next month.

By the way, the driver seat can easily be lowered about 1/2" - 3/4"
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...seat-more.html
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (05-04-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Splitter

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
That is amazing, I will be doing that as soon as I get home tonight!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

I removed the plastic trim at the front of the seat for easier access. At the front bottom of the seat, Just grab it from the end and tug.

Here is a better picture of the nut. (My washers have already been removed)
Remove the thick washer or rubber washer behind this nut:
The following users liked this post:
MaQG37 (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by SonicVQ
I removed the plastic trim at the front of the seat for easier access. At the front bottom of the seat, Just grab it from the end and tug.

Are you 6MT? the 6MT Sedan definitely sits higher than the 7AT sedan. I'm going to do this mod this week, thanks for the tip.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:18 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Yes, 6MT. I wonder why the 7AT would be lower?
Anyways, when I found this out and lowered the seat, it made a world of difference. I don't like sitting high up in any car. I think, my E39 has me spoiled for life.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:30 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Yes, 6MT. I wonder why the 7AT would be lower?
Anyways, when I found this out and lowered the seat, it made a world of difference. I don't like sitting high up in any car. I think, my E39 has me spoiled for life.
I don't know, it wouldn't make any sense on why they would use different rails from a G37S 7AT to a G37S 6MT. My guess is that they re-used the rails from the coupe G37 just like they did for our center console. Hence, why our rear passengers don't get any air back there .
Old 05-04-2016, 12:39 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Thanks for all the track day tips, they will come in handy next month.

By the way, the driver seat can easily be lowered about 1/2" - 3/4"
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...seat-more.html
Awesome tip! I am definitely going to do that before the next track day so I do not have to put my seat in "gangster lean" position just to fit my melon inside.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Splitter

Well, unfortunately this made almost no difference for me. less than 1/4" at best.

the nut had only about 2 turns in it before it was maxed out and the right hand side of the seat actually starts bottoming out now before the left side, so whatever adjustment is in place, it really is maxed out.

Oh well, better than nothing I guess!

I did realise tho that the seat slides down as it goes back, so I re-adjusted the wheel full back and went back as far as (un)comfortable on the peddles to get some more clearance as well. Better than it was, but a far cry from 1/2-3/4 inch as claimed and gave up some clutch pedal feel.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:36 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Well, unfortunately this made almost no difference for me. less than 1/4" at best.

the nut had only about 2 turns in it before it was maxed out and the right hand side of the seat actually starts bottoming out now before the left side, so whatever adjustment is in place, it really is maxed out.

I did realise tho that the seat slides down as it goes back, so I re-adjusted the wheel full back and went back as far as (un)comfortable on the peddles to get some more clearance as well. Better than it was, but a far cry from 1/2-3/4 inch as claimed and gave up some clutch pedal feel.
Maybe it's because we have sedans? I will report back my results this weekend.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:52 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Did you take out the rubber bushing/washer stack? I did that with mine, and got a noticeable amount of additional seat lowering. It's not a huge difference, but it's noticeable. This is on a coupe if that makes a difference.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Splitter

Yes, I tested how low the seat could get by completely removing the washer and nut and the seat is bottoming out before it reaches the end of the threads on the rod, before hitting the bump stop, so unfortunately I am out of adjustment completely and the seat is hitting the floor. Good to know it's as low as it can get though at least.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:42 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Did the mod late last night. I took off the nut, and removed the single washer I had. I think it made a difference, I'm 6' 3'', 225 lbs and I am pretty comfy. Plenty of headroom.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:32 PM
robrobinette

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm seriously considering buying a 2009 G37 Sport and found this thread. The reason I'm looking at the G37 is because I instructed a G37 owner at Summit Point Main at a track day event and the car was crazy fast. I was very, very impressed that something so comfortable could get around the track so well and slide so controllably. The G37 is a nice track car.

My old race car:

My old 2001 S2000 race car.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:47 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Nice. Were 2Ks normally STE or was your's turbo?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The G37S is a great track car