MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

G37 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
EdwarDxCorE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Mods

Hey guys, I purchased a G37 Sport Coupe a couple of months ago. Now I am seriously considering adding some aftermarket parts for more hp and torque. My friend recommends cold air intake first and a new exhaust system.

I did some research and found that Stillen made some pretty good parts. Would u guys recommend their parts? If not, what's another brand thats good?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 PM
chain492

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stillen = ****.

Go get a Fast Intentions exhaust, and i recommend you wait for the injen intake, the ones out now arent giving any power gains. Stillen has bad quality intakes + customer service.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a lot on information on the board. As far as which brand is better, that is a personal preference thing. It is like the Coke/Pepsi argument. The Modding411 section should have all or most of the parts that are out for the G37 so look there. There are also tons of info on most parts in each Tech section. Until we get people taking a before and after dyno before each mod then we won't know the true gains also. We will just have to go by what the manufacture says or people say.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
EdwarDxCorE

Originally Posted by bboysteele
There is a lot on information on the board. As far as which brand is better, that is a personal preference thing. It is like the Coke/Pepsi argument. The Modding411 section should have all or most of the parts that are out for the G37 so look there. There are also tons of info on most parts in each Tech section. Until we get people taking a before and after dyno before each mod then we won't know the true gains also. We will just have to go by what the manufacture says or people say.
yah i was hoping to hear some testimonials from ppl that have stillen parts.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Take a look at some of the threads in the Tech area when you get time. There is a lot of stuff there. You should also look on G35Driver as well. It is going to take time on your part to do the research though. I have no experience with Stillen parts so I cannot speak good or bad against their parts. I am not really a Stillen fan though either.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Pms1212

Just like Bboy says, its your own personal decision. Alot of people have Fast Intentions Exhaust and HFC's, and some have Stillen. Just do some research.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:56 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

If you want a stillen exhaust i got one for sale. its in great shape.

As far as their intake goes, its junk. doesn't make power but sure does lose it.

I would personally wait it out for Injen and see what they produce power wise for the intakes. Again if you want my stillen exhaust hit me up

vik
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Protein Shakes

If you are going to mod, def hit the exhaust first
Old 05-05-2008, 12:35 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

We all know you should start with light mods first. Who cares if you get an extra 10-20 HP out of a exhaust mod and a dope sound? I mean your car will be faster but who really wants that? Now if you have all the dope light mods like the purple, pink, yellow, blue, red, and green lights all on your car with the dope ground lighting kit that sprays a rainbow of colors on the ground and the pink license plate and interior lights. Now that will turn heads! Madd amounts of sponsors and magazine shots then!!!

LOL...j/k
Old 05-05-2008, 01:04 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

ha ha BBoy trying to turn your car into the Rainbow car
Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

stillen parts

Originally Posted by EdwarDxCorE
yah i was hoping to hear some testimonials from ppl that have stillen parts.
Stillen parts are overpriced >>>>.

I bought an intake first they told me 10 hp , then AFTER I had installed in my car,they tell me it's actually 6hp.
three months later they come out with long tube cold air intake(I have the short intake,no such thing as long intake at the time or for the diif. of course I would have bought the more expensive/higher horsepower mod)
Now the long tube has 10hp ???wtf.
I was told months ago a long bs story from Kyle@Stillen, they would have dyno up once they got a g for long enough.
The car is out almost a year, think that's long enough.
I would without a doubt wait for the injen!!!
NOW THAT'S A REAL INTAKE....DOMO
Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 AM
EdwarDxCorE

Originally Posted by madmikeg37
Stillen parts are overpriced >>>>.

I bought an intake first they told me 10 hp , then AFTER I had installed in my car,they tell me it's actually 6hp.
three months later they come out with long tube cold air intake(I have the short intake,no such thing as long intake at the time or for the diif. of course I would have bought the more expensive/higher horsepower mod)
Now the long tube has 10hp ???wtf.
I was told months ago a long bs story from Kyle@Stillen, they would have dyno up once they got a g for long enough.
The car is out almost a year, think that's long enough.
I would without a doubt wait for the injen!!!
NOW THAT'S A REAL INTAKE....DOMO
yah man. ive been looking up up stillen parts and they look and sound badass, but there is little to no gain as far as hp from their exhaust system and for $1200 that is definitely not worth it. the stillen hi-flow catalytic converters and headers are a different story. the converters by themselves release another 10hp.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
KahnQuistador

Well, a modest gain just like the others.

http://www.stillen.com/product_files/504400~dyno.jpg
Old 05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Well, a modest gain just like the others.

http://www.stillen.com/product_files/504400~dyno.jpg
Is that theoretical performance gain even going to be noticed? It seems like the performance of the car is not necessarily limited by it's ability to breathe until you throw in a turbo or supercharger of some kind. I suppose the argument could be made that using this exhaust will give some sort of weight reduction and provide an alternative exhaust note, but it seems like there are better things to spend your money on.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Personally I would start with suspension and wheels. Oh wait that is exactly what I did. Once you are done with that then hopefully there will be a little more to choose from in the way of exhaust, intake, etc.

Quick Reply: G37 Mods