MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Haha no **** right? haha id be the first single president probably LOL!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 AM
WannabeSport

Election Day Peeps!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well just really pissed off this morning honestly after seeing the results of the election and people apparently content with the way America is going. The next 4 years are crucial to success in the US and I know one man can't change what we are in but damn the principles at which our country lives on right now are sickening. Giving to the people will not solve this issue, they will just rely on it that much more. I saw this on facebook this morning and thought it was interesting:

Been seeing this on Facebook and find it interesting

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler - a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh - had this to say about "The Fall of the Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior:
THE FALL OF THE ATHENIAN REPUBLIC... "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance, From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy, From apathy to dependence, From dependence back into bondage."

To pretty much sum it up, our nation is getting to this point where the people are EXPECTING things from the government. Get off your lazy a$$ and do something damnit. And its sickening to see our "leader" promote this. Like Kennedy said, "its not about what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country." Where the he// have we gone....
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Completely agree Dan. The only thing keeping me happy today is this
Bad Taxidermy - Imgur
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by noctilucous
Bad Taxidermy - Imgur
:bowr ofl: im dying at work
Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by noctilucous
Bad Taxidermy - Imgur
My filter at work won't let me see it

But to respond.... I figured you guys would be unhappy with the results of the election, and Dan, admittedely what you just shared makes sense. With that said, I think it's important to recognize that neither party can afford any partisan bickering at this point. Republican who control the house can no longer push the same agenda and focus on putting road blocks in place to make Obama "a one term President". On the flip side, federal spending has to get under control. I think Obama said it best last night when he said it's time for politician to stop focusing on their jobs and start focusing on ours. I guess my point is that neither party can afford to sustain a hard line position on every issue, nor can they be on the far right or the far left. They'll have to do what should've been done on day one 4 years ago, which is, set aside partisan beliefs and come to a middle ground where both parties can "deal" with the policies being put in place.

It's those type of policies that greatly reduces the number of people allowed to use the system whether they're at the high or low end of the spectrum. Both parties are going to have to look beyond themselves and make concessions to move America forward.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
soolman32

Also one more thing to add... I don't think Romney lost because people (Democrat, Republican and Liberals) didn't believe in his ability to "fix" the economy. I honestly feel he lost because the majority of eligibible voters are having a harder time supporting a party they feel is "out of touch" with society. Not to get too heavy into it.... for example, you can't have people push back on abortion and say that even rape does not constitute reason enough to allow it. Furthermore, that a child resulting from rape is still a gift from god... I don't care what party you represent, but it's hard for me to believe that as a human being, you'd be cool with that idea if it actually impacted your own child or a relative of yours.

Last edited by soolman32; 11-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by soolman32
My filter at work won't let me see it

But to respond.... I figured you guys would be unhappy with the results of the election, and Dan, admittedely what you just shared makes sense. With that said, I think it's important to recognize that neither party can afford any partisan bickering at this point. Republican who control the house can no longer push the same agenda and focus on putting road blocks in place to make Obama "a one term President". On the flip side, federal spending has to get under control. I think Obama said it best last night when he said it's time for politician to stop focusing on their jobs and start focusing on ours. I guess my point is that neither party can afford to sustain a hard line position on every issue, nor can they be on the far right or the far left. They'll have to do what should've been done on day one 4 years ago, which is, set aside partisan beliefs and come to a middle ground where both parties can "deal" with the policies being put in place.

It's those type of policies that greatly reduces the number of people allowed to use the system whether they're at the high or low end of the spectrum. Both parties are going to have to look beyond themselves and make concessions to move America forward.
Yea I agree with how America has to work together to achieve this. My point is, now there is a large part of the nation that thinks that Obama is reelected and going to just GIVE more to the people that choose to take advantage of those government handouts. I just wanted a change of parties in power to eliminate that attitude that is out there. America needs CHANGE as Obama says, just a much different change in the outlook for some people.

And to what you said about each party not being extreme right or left. I think that hurt Romney in this election being a little more right on some issues. Last election McCain didn't take a far enough conservative stand on some issues. Now they just need someone in between haha
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
WannabeSport

There needs to be a conservative who is more socially liberal. That would be the key ticket... I know far too many 1 issue voters that could have been swayed had Romney not had such a firm stance on so many things...

Atleast the marriage amendment failed albeit that was pretty damn close.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by soolman32
Also one more thing to add... I don't think Romney lost because people (Democrat, Republican and Liberals) didn't believe in his ability to "fix" the economy. I honestly feel he lost because the majority of eligibible voters are having a harder time supporting a party they feel is "out of touch" with society. Not to get too heavy into it.... for example, you can't have people push back on abortion and say that even rape does not constitute reason enough to allow it. Furthermore, that a child resulting from rape is still a gift from god... I don't care what party you represent, but it's hard for me to believe that as a human being, you'd be cool with that idea if it actually impacted your own child or a relative of yours.
Romney didn't have the stance on abortion like the senator from Missouri and Indiana i think it was. Those two guys were just morons - both parties have them
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Yea I agree with how America has to work together to achieve this. My point is, now there is a large part of the nation that thinks that Obama is reelected and going to just GIVE more to the people that choose to take advantage of those government handouts. I just wanted a change of parties in power to eliminate that attitude that is out there. America needs CHANGE as Obama says, just a much different change in the outlook for some people.

And to what you said about each party not being extreme right or left. I think that hurt Romney in this election being a little more right on some issues. Last election McCain didn't take a far enough conservative stand on some issues. Now they just need someone in between haha
I could be wrong on this, but I think a lot of the able folks relying on thoe handout might be in for a rude awakening in this second term. Cuts will have to be made, including in some of those programs to get spending under control.

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
There needs to be a conservative who is more socially liberal. That would be the key ticket... I know far too many 1 issue voters that could have been swayed had Romney not had such a firm stance on so many things...

Atleast the marriage amendment failed albeit that was pretty damn close.
To Dan's last point and yours, I think you are both right. But more importantly the republican party needs to be able to rally as whole behind someone like that. I don't see Paul Ryan being that person for them since he's even more to the right than Romney on many of the social issues. It'll be interesting to see how they rebound from this and who each party puts forward in 4 years.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Romney didn't have the stance on abortion like the senator from Missouri and Indiana i think it was. Those two guys were just morons - both parties have them
Not saying he did but he represented the party. The provision of rape being an acceptable rationale for abortion was actually Romney's stance. On the flip side you have Paul Ryan who up until recently was in full opposition. He didn't however make the same misguided statements. My only point being A lot of people, and women in general were turned off by the idea of making that religious belief into law. I think those guys cost him valuable votes.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM
MN-G-Fever

Anyone find it interesting stock market takes a $hit today plummeting 300 points and gas goes up 30 cents.... hold on for the next 4 years peeps! Obama has the two biggest post-election drops in the stock market on history, coincidence we are still in a financial mess?

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenf...a-was-elected/
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
soolman32

yep saw that earlier. Lots of talk about the fiscal cliff fast approaching...

To my earlier point How did Hurricane Sandy impact the election? | Fox News Video
Old 11-07-2012, 04:55 PM
MN-G-Fever

You know I don't buy into Obama's plan at all and him saying the economy is turning around. Unemployment has not changed since he became president in 2008. And Obama is good at making people believe in changes he will make - the claims he made in 2008 about where we would be with the current debt situation is a joke like we already mentioned. I just think too many people buy into Obama, and he has some unrealistic achievements which clearly were not met the last 4 years. Romney has experience with business and the economy and acquired companies like Domino's, Brookstone, Sports Authority, a division of Firestone tires... So everyone who was complaining about how Romney spent his money which I think is stupid, should have been more concerned with Obama and how the president is spending OUR money

Last edited by MN-G-Fever; 11-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)