MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol we couldn't let it get too serious for more than a few hours - back to shootin the $hit with some friendly trolls as well
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I know right Would love to see who this Ronal55d dude is?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
MN-G-Fever

Probably the brown guy hating on the infiniti forums
Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 AM
soolman32

Where has he been anyways??? I should text him.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha I would say something but, you would all laugh...
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 AM
MN-G-Fever

^^Do itttttttttt andrew
Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 AM
soolman32

Just say iiiiiiiittttttttttt!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Hahahaha ask Andrew about his first voting experience LOL.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Haha Janik

Well to start with that, I definitely feel I just shouldn't have voted

That video is something else. Some people. The welfare system definitely needs a major overhaul.

I'm not someone that pays particularly close attention to politics because I just see it as a "game" more or less, and I find it kind of confusing lol. In the end I hope they all have the true desire to make the country wish they intend to run better, but the way they go about trying to convince people they are better than the other truly baffles my mind, and kind of bothers me.

Anyways, I tend to fall pretty neutral when it comes to politics. Whether that is because I am typically a pretty passive person I don't know. I just have a really easy time seeing both sides of the spectrum. Yes, I have a few issues/beliefs that have priority over others however.

Now after those little tidbits ill kind of go off what Tevi did and relay my views.

Immigrants

I post this first because this probably the thing that aggravates me the most. I am all for people coming into the country to seek a better life if that's what they want to do. However, I do think it is necessary that they do it LEGALLY. It amazes me that these illegal aliens get away with what they do. Since when did the word Illegal mean that they have the rights of the actual citizens that live in this country. It all boils down, for me at least, to how lenient some of society has become with this issue. In my mind I really do see this as kind of a root for a lot of the problems we see today. Whether that be the economy, unemployment, unpaid taxes, etc.

Social Issues

With Tevi on those except for I differ in abortion. I think abortion shouldn't be allowed unless special circumstances are present. Now what I think those conditions should fully include I don't know for sure but I will say this. Unless you get pregnant by unwanted sex (rape), you should have to live with/ deal with it. I actually discussed this in school a while back. It was said that if someone kills a pregnant women then they are charged with 2 counts of murder. Now, how does a pregnant women get away with basically "murder". I'm not trying to defend killers as that's a whole other topic but people just need to think of the consequences before they put themselves in that situation. I do see the other side of this as well though that some say it's better to terminate the pregnancy than having babies malnourished, unloved, left on porches, in foster care, because that is not at all fair to the child either.

I felt I wrote more than I actually did and hope it somewhat made sense but I'm starting to confuse myself now I think haha. We can discuss some other issues when it's not 215 in the morning.

Ill try to explain my input on foreign policies tomorrow when I can form better thoughts and sentences.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM
soolman32

All solid views. Looking forward to the rest
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
^ Haha Janik

Well to start with that, I definitely feel I just shouldn't have voted

That video is something else. Some people. The welfare system definitely needs a major overhaul.

I'm not someone that pays particularly close attention to politics because I just see it as a "game" more or less, and I find it kind of confusing lol. In the end I hope they all have the true desire to make the country wish they intend to run better, but the way they go about trying to convince people they are better than the other truly baffles my mind, and kind of bothers me.

Anyways, I tend to fall pretty neutral when it comes to politics. Whether that is because I am typically a pretty passive person I don't know. I just have a really easy time seeing both sides of the spectrum. Yes, I have a few issues/beliefs that have priority over others however.

Now after those little tidbits ill kind of go off what Tevi did and relay my views.

Immigrants

I post this first because this probably the thing that aggravates me the most. I am all for people coming into the country to seek a better life if that's what they want to do. However, I do think it is necessary that they do it LEGALLY. It amazes me that these illegal aliens get away with what they do. Since when did the word Illegal mean that they have the rights of the actual citizens that live in this country. It all boils down, for me at least, to how lenient some of society has become with this issue. In my mind I really do see this as kind of a root for a lot of the problems we see today. Whether that be the economy, unemployment, unpaid taxes, etc.

Social Issues

With Tevi on those except for I differ in abortion. I think abortion shouldn't be allowed unless special circumstances are present. Now what I think those conditions should fully include I don't know for sure but I will say this. Unless you get pregnant by unwanted sex (rape), you should have to live with/ deal with it. I actually discussed this in school a while back. It was said that if someone kills a pregnant women then they are charged with 2 counts of murder. Now, how does a pregnant women get away with basically "murder". I'm not trying to defend killers as that's a whole other topic but people just need to think of the consequences before they put themselves in that situation. I do see the other side of this as well though that some say it's better to terminate the pregnancy than having babies malnourished, unloved, left on porches, in foster care, because that is not at all fair to the child either.

I felt I wrote more than I actually did and hope it somewhat made sense but I'm starting to confuse myself now I think haha. We can discuss some other issues when it's not 215 in the morning.

Ill try to explain my input on foreign policies tomorrow when I can form better thoughts and sentences.
I always believed the same on abortion obviously being raised a Catholic, but I still don't believe EVERYTHING the Church has on these issues which i won't get into. Alot of irresponsible people out there and sometimes people need to just take responsibility for their actions, but like you said Andrew there are times like rape where there needs to be exceptions. Some people are just to ignorant and self absorbing to care more about themselves than the potential life of their child. To put it into better perspective - I am sure many of you people know someone that was an "oops" child, think about if their parents decided otherwise... There are a number of options for people who believe they cannot take care of their child, I just think taking away someones life is wrong. And then you get into the whole - after how many months or when the does the embryo count for being a human. I feel like this can get to be a touchy topic with people, always was in high school theology class.. Matt can vouch for this

Last edited by MN-G-Fever; 10-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:43 AM
MN-G-Fever

I saw this on facebook today - I know it is similar to the Obama bucks video i posted but still always interesting to see these topics in real life for what each party stands for. As always folks, we can agree to disagree

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
soolman32

^^^^ Ok that's funny on the topic of welfare I am somewhere in the middle. If you are able body, there is no reason why you can go and get a job. It may not be what you want to do, but it will help you get by in the meantime. With that said I also feel there should be support there for those that truly need it. It should only be temporary to kind force people to want to go back into the work force.

Last edited by soolman32; 10-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
I saw this on facebook today - I know it is similar to the Obama bucks video i posted but still always interesting to see these topics in real life for what each party stands for. As always folks, we can agree to disagree

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
I saw that about a month or two ago... AMAZING!

All I will say is a few things. The welfare system needs a MAJOR revamp. Working for Walmart I got to see (in a wealthy city) the people who take complete advantage of the system. Just stains. I will add that perception leads me to believe that it is a large portion that does this.
Health care bill. Having worked for a health care company, in light terms... we are all screwed if it continues. It was a set of ideas with zero substance behind it. A voucher type system would have worked better but we have a society that will take advantage of what they view as "free" healthcare, which we all know is not because we will be taxed for because of it. MN is different in the sense that nowhere is as bad as Tucson where I went to school. I talked to doctors who said you are constantly seeing the same people who are Illegal, with stab wounds, and the the hospitals just eat that money because they do the right thing and don't let them die. Needless to say our tax money pays for some of that as well. This is what has led to hospitals and clinics shutting down or going bankrupt more recently. Long term, the good doctors will start private cash only practices because they only get money from those who come in and pay for their visit (or insurance).
Not sure about you all but I would like to continue having access to good doctors.

Last I will say that I believe Obama and his administration had this thing called a stimulus bill which leaves me no other choice than to think he is just bad with money. While I agree some of the companies should have gotten help (If GM would have closed it would not have been good because of the trickle down effect) but those taking part in giving their vote accounted for millions of wasted $$$ http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/...b-f5b9f21b3572
I am sorry but our country says how much we value education, but when things like this happen all I can believe is we have a government that is only obsessed with obtaining votes and doing whatever necessary to get them.
Why not do a college debt type of bailout? Would have done a ton more than the stimulus. Instead we have people finishing school, in the red, struggling job market, and all politicians do is talk about people my age being "the future of this country." Sorry Obama, but paying over $1000 a month on student loans while only $200 goes towards the principal amount is not "inspiring" my generation and I am just glad you were able to fool so many of my classmates in college into giving you their vote in the "Hope" that you would somehow fix this. I am just glad I saw through all his BS.

Needless to say I am Republican and Romney will be getting my vote because I don't believe Obama is getting it done, regardless of me thinking Romney is not a great candidate either.
I don't think either Romney or Obama will fix our country, but I see Romney as a better fit of the two losers.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
BTW when it comes to war and foreign policy. I don't really think it matters who is in office. Every day the President gets to see more of what is going on in the world than what we could even imagine and they act on it. Which is why I tend not to pay too much attention to these types of things in a debate.

Quick Reply: Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)