Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by DGGal
details??
Details are all over facebook.

copy and pasted...
Please do your part and help share this event with your friends and family! Last year we raised over 11K for cancer research, who thinks we can raise 15K in 2012?

Registration for the 30 available Boost For Boobies dyno spots will be help in an auction style format the ...day of the event this year with hopes of raising the most money possible for this great cause. The day will be split in half with auctions occurring at 9:45am for the 15 early dyno spots and 2:00pm for the 15 late dyno spots. Bidding will start at $50 and increase in $5 increments should there be multiple people interested in the same time slot.

Plan to show up late? That’s exactly why we split to day in half, if you miss the 9:45am auction you will have another shot at securing a dyno spot at 2pm!
Don’t want to wait around all day hoping to get on the dyno? This will work to your benefit, immediately following the auction all of the winners will be guaranteed their time slot, all you have to do is be the highest bidder!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

I will officially be attending Powercruise...because I will be helping plan it. Just recently heard that this year will be considered a NICO event and am good friends w/ the director. (I don't know HOW I get wrapped into doing all thissssssssssssss....lol!!!!!!)

For those who don't know what NICO is...Nissan/Infiniti Car Owners.

Their HUGE event each year is usually in PA, but this year they want another one added to the list. They have declared it NICOFest Powercruise!!

Details:

This huge event is taking place at Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, MN on July 13-15th. This is the 2nd Powercruise USA event, and although NICO missed out on the 1st year, we are NOT going to miss out on the 2nd year!

So what exactly is Powercruise? Powercruise is an Australian organization that puts on events throughout Australia and New Zealand, and now the U.S. It is a 3-day weekend event that lets you participate in all kinds of motorsports with *your* car for one price. This is only $60 if registered by Feb 29th and only $90 if registered by July 2nd! After that I believe it jumps up to around $130??

Events Include:
Powercruise
Dyno Shootout
Powerskids
Drifting
Off-Street Racing
Burnout Competition
Car Show
Live Music
Epic Partying

Some of these events you may not be familiar with, so here's so more info of what exactly they are:

Powercruise: This event happens multiple times throughout the weekend and is what this thing is known for. This is a relaxed cruise around BIR's 3.1 mile roadcourse. Drive absolutely any vehicle you want and take passengers. No helmet required. Speed limited to approximately 80 mph. Drag Race your friend's on the straights. Take this time to simply cruise. The event happens in 2 hour time slots throughout the day. Absolutely anyone can participate, and passengers are allowed! I'm telling you, it's the coolest thing in the world to be rolling with a Lamborghini on one side of you, and a 1200+ HP Holden on the other side of you, as a 350Z follows you behind. Find a track veteran, and have him/her ride along with you. A perfect opportunity to learn the racing line while under no stress from people behind you! I can't emphasize the fun of this event enough!

Dyno Shootout: It is what the name implies. Strap your car to the dyno and see how much power it puts down! Awards for different classes.

Power Skids: This event is only for people with some serious HP. It takes place on the drag strip. Starting from a complete stop, nail the throttle and the car that spins the tires the farthest down the dragstrip without touching the brake wins. If you don't have at least 1000 HP, you probably won't be competitive in this event. But who cares? It doesn't cost any more to compete, so why not give it a go? It'd be awesome to see a Nissan outperform some domestic muscle in this event! Or let's see something unique, like a FWD or AWD car win. Now that would be cool to see.

Drifting: I don't need to explain this. If you don't know what drifting is, you live under a rock. Awards for the best!

Off-Street Racing: You like the thrill of illegal street racing? Why not play it safe and do it at the track? This is basically head to head drag racing, but instead of a tree you get flagged by a magical pair of hands standing between the two cars. No times, no lights, just plain old good head to head racing. Faster is better. You have a 1/4 mile to prove it.

Burnout Competition: Get Smokey! Awards for best burnout!

Car Show: This is another great part of the event. Because this event is open to literally all automotive vehicles, you see some great stuff. Unlike most car shows, this event isn't overwhelmingly full of rice. You'll see some amazing vehicles here. Imports, Domestics, Exotics, you name it. You might see a 500 HP Integra parked next to a '32 Ford Coupe, back to back with a twin turbo Gallardo and R33 GT-R. You'll think you've seen it all then your head will turn to look at the drag strip because somebody in a *****'s is standing it up on the back bumper because they have more HP than all 4 of the cars you were just looking at.

Live Music: Just when you thought it was all about the cars, the stage will light up. Unlike some past shows we've been to, don't expect to see MC Thugmaster G-Gangsta get on stage and rap about his 32" spinners on his Hummer. Nope, expect a variety of music that appeals to everyone. Most of us love being able to sing along to some Skynard, drink beer, and look at cars. You can expect that here.

Epic Partying: Perhaps one of the greatest things about this event. We all know that when we go to events, it's all about the partying. Cars are our common ground, but we all want to party. Take for instance NICOFest Carlisle. I'm determined we could all stay at the hotel and party all weekend and have just as much fun as if we were at the track. Here is where Brainerd International Raceway throws down the trump card. The venue is open 24 hours during Powercruise. If you pay to drive at Powercruise, free camping is included. Also, they have on-site condos that overlook the dragstrip. Because the only people staying in them are people at the show, there is no such thing as noise complaints. Imagine, it's basically an entire hotel, overlooking a roadcourse on what side and dragstrip on the other, and everyone there is there to party. Let me put it this way, Carlisle partying has nothing on Powercruise partying. Not even in the same ballpark. The condos sell out incredibly quick, so you'll want to RSVP one ASAP unless you plan to camp. I heard last year that there was some crazy partying in the campsites as well, but I couldn't tell you first hand. I was too busy partying in the condos. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the track also has an on-site bar/restaurant that is open till 2am. And the best part is, they also sell as a liquor store. You can buy full bottles of booze, and also bags of ice, at the bar until 2am.

So why have you never heard of Powercruise? It's quite simple really. They are based in Australia and this is only the 2nd event ever in the U.S. Their first was the same event last year. If you want to read up more on the event, go to Powercruise Promotions

Registration is going to be open soon. There will be a club affiliation portion of the registration form. Make sure you put down NICO. We are going to compete head to head with Ricekiller.com for the most forum members registered. They had about 60 people register last year. We can beat that. When NICOFest Atlanta (NOPI) was still going on, we almost had 100 people registered. I want to turn this into some friendly forum wars with Ricekiller, and possibly other forums as well. But most likely we will be the two top-runners competing for the title.

Oh, and also, one thing to make a note of, is this event awards aren't just trophies. We're talking money. And lots of it. Just about every award last year was at least $100. Some people walked away with 4 or 5 awards and over $1000 cash. For the ladies, there is a competition going on right now on the Powercruise Facebook page to win roundtrip airfare to the event, and the overall Miss Powercruise 2012 winner will win a roundtrip vacation to Australia. That is some serious stuff. Not just a huge a** trophy.

So post up if you're coming! I'll post more information on registration as it becomes available. But mark your calendars. I know Brainerd, MN might seem to be far for a lot of people, but I can't stress how much this is worth it. Especially if you live in the midwest. For people flying in, Brainerd does have a commercial airport although you may find much better deals flying into Minneapolis and hitching a ride with somebody or renting a car. Brainerd is about 2 1/2 hours from Minneapolis.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 02-16-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Someone remind us before the 29th and I'll register. Sounds like fun lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

AutoX events added* ....whew....time for a
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 AM
rolson1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's down for Hin?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 AM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rolson1
Who's down for Hin?
I sure am.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

I missed this show last year due to prior obligations....heard it was pretty sick

Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Just added CarCraft as well, I ususally go every year to spectate..might as well add your car for a few bux more!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I've started updating the first post with the various notable events for 2013. This is a work in progress so if you hear about any local or nearby events we should toss on here let me know.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
I've started updating the first post with the various notable events for 2013. This is a work in progress so if you hear about any local or nearby events we should toss on here let me know.
you know i will
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

2013 calendar UPDATED! Post up show/meets/track events as you hear of them!
The following users liked this post:
soolman32 (06-16-2013)