Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Adding resonator to Muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:09 AM
G-shock12

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Adding resonator to Muffler delete

Ive had a muffler delete on my 09 x Sedan for the last 8-9 months. While its sounds good at certain RPM's it it definitely is a bit loud at times and produces a good amount of drone under 2k rpms and around 3k rpm. And sounds pretty terrible when the 7AT causes the engine to bog.

My question is, will adding a secondary resonator reduce the volume and drone? Also does the resonator need to be placed in a certain area?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by G-shock12
Ive had a muffler delete on my 09 x Sedan for the last 8-9 months. While its sounds good at certain RPM's it it definitely is a bit loud at times and produces a good amount of drone under 2k rpms and around 3k rpm. And sounds pretty terrible when the 7AT causes the engine to bog.

My question is, will adding a secondary resonator reduce the volume and drone? Also does the resonator need to be placed in a certain area?

Thanks in advance.
theyll definitely help. I'd go vibrant brand. there is two options. bottle type like oem and ultra quiet. expect the latter to reduce 2 or 3 times the bottle style. if you have oem resonators add the bottle style. you can put them anywhere there is room.